[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Huskies dominating .....

theprofessor

Who would have thought that UW would be dominating the line of scrimmage against the big, bad Cornhuskers? We need to sustain this for another 17 minutes and the biggest upset of the college bowl season is ours! Go out BIG, Jake!

The Huskies look faster and stronger than the Huskers. Dennard and Davis for Nebraska look like they will be elite at the next level.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldnt say they are dominating at the QB position. 4 for 14 for 52 yards.

Jake Locker maybe the QB of this huge upset, but his draft stock has plummeted after this game. Dude cant hit the broad side of a barn. he is the most over rated QB in the history of college football. 0-12, a few yrs back, but hey we got jake Locker. He gave up multi millions last yr to come back to back into this bowl, and looks like they will win. That is unless he got a true read on his draft status last yr from GMs and NFL people, and didnt listen to the fools saying he was better than Bradford, which would explain why he came back. Either way, he isnt WR material like Pryor will be. he isnt even close to Tebow, but has a similar skill set and there is no guarantee even tebow can succeed at the next level. Enjoy the win Jake. It maybe your last win ever as a STARTING Qb.

Story of this game is Washington was excited to be here, and nebraska thought they would just destroy these pukes again by showing up. a dozen penalties, 2 turnovers and giving up 3 short fields on all 3 of the scoring drives turned out to be the huge difference. How embarassing for the Nebraska program.

Edited by Living the Dream

What a huge 2nd half turnaround of the season for the Dawgs! Big win and big season for the UW program after the last decade and an 0-12 season 2 short years ago. Great to see Jake go out a winner! Excited to see where he goes in the draft and how things turn out for him as a pro.

All is well in Husky nation tonight. :wacko:

I wouldnt say they are dominating at the QB position. 4 for 14 for 52 yards.

Jake Locker maybe the QB of this huge upset, but his draft stock has plummeted after this game. Dude cant hit the broad side of a barn. he is the most over rated QB in the history of college football. 0-12, a few yrs back, but hey we got jake Locker. He gave up multi millions last yr to come back to back into this bowl, and looks like they will win. That is unless he got a true read on his draft status last yr from GMs and NFL people, and didnt listen to the fools saying he was better than Bradford, which would explain why he came back. Either way, he isnt WR material like Pryor will be. he isnt even close to Tebow, but has a similar skill set and there is no guarantee even tebow can succeed at the next level. Enjoy the win Jake. It maybe your last win ever as a STARTING Qb.

Story of this game is Washington was excited to be here, and nebraska thought they would just destroy these pukes again by showing up. a dozen penalties, 2 turnovers and giving up 3 short fields on all 3 of the scoring drives turned out to be the huge difference. How embarassing for the Nebraska program, have fun next yr in the Big 10, we wont miss you in the big 12. :rofl:

Love it :lol: Once again you prove to be what we knew you were! :rofl: Jake Locker has had no open receivers as the Nebraska DB's have manhandled our WR at the LOS. Jake Locker has managed this game perfectly and has done what it takes to win. He has had key runs and has proven to be stronger and faster than anyone on Nebraska's defense. I love that you're blaming this loss entirely on Nebraska not being prepared and not caring about being there :wacko: They got beat in EVERY phase of the game. Washington dominated in a way that your Pooners couldn't. The "little 12" they were who we thought they were! :tup:

Edited by theprofessor

Love it :rofl: Once again you prove to be what we knew you were! :rofl: Jake Locker has had no open receivers as the Nebraska DB's have manhandled our WR at the LOS. Jake Locker has managed this game perfectly and has done what it takes to win. He has had key runs and has proven to be stronger and faster than anyone on Nebraska's defense. I love that you're blaming this loss entirely on Nebraska not being prepared and not caring about being there :tup: They got beat in EVERY phase of the game. Washington dominated in a way that your Pooners couldn't. The "little 12" they were who we thought they were! :lol:

Why don't you just enjoy the win and ignore the guy? :wacko:

Love it :lol: Once again you prove to be what we knew you were! :rofl: Jake Locker has had no open receivers as the Nebraska DB's have manhandled our WR at the LOS. Jake Locker has managed this game perfectly and has done what it takes to win. He has had key runs and has proven to be stronger and faster than anyone on Nebraska's defense. I love that you're blaming this loss entirely on Nebraska not being prepared and not caring about being there :wacko: They got beat in EVERY phase of the game. Washington dominated in a way that your Pooners couldn't. The "little 12" they were who we thought they were! :tup:

I call it like I see it. jake is a fraud. In 4 yrs of starting he goes 0-12 one season, this is the first bowl appearance, so its the first winning season he has had at 7-6. Nebraksa is not longer part of the Big 12, and if they were not happy to be here, they shouldnt have showed up. How embarrasing for them to beat the chit outta this team by 35 in Washington, and then lose looking unmotivated. Congrat on the win. UW deserved it.

I call it like I see it. jake is a fraud. In 4 yrs of starting he goes 0-12 one season, this is the first bowl appearance, so its the first winning season he has had at 7-6. Nebraksa is not longer part of the Big 12, and if they were not happy to be here, they shouldnt have showed up. How embarrasing for them to beat the chit outta this team by 35 in Washington, and then lose looking unmotivated. Congrat on the win. UW deserved it.

Plus, technically, this is really a loss for the Big-10, right?

For the record, spending the entirety of two posts explaining why Washington still sucks and Nebraska just sucked worse, and then tacking on, "Congrat on the win. UW deserved it." is basically the equivalent of some kid whining, "Gimme that!" and then having their parents scold them and tell them they have to say please and them coming back with "Gimme that please!".

It does not change your pattern of saying this or that team is going to get beat down, then coming up with some lame excuse if they don't.

Just stick with that. Don't try and mix in some BS "stand up, give credit where credit is do" at the end. We know you don't mean it.

As for Nebraska, they've been a train wreck down the stretch. Once everyone figured out the QB, they weren't lighting people up anymore and all you've heard out of the camp for the last month was how the QB was going to bail and people were pissed at Polini, etc. So it may not be so easy to write this off to them just not being motivated. They may simply not be a very good team. I'm not saying I called this, but it very much seems that those around here telling us to forget the 35 pt beat down knew what they were talking about.

wow, didn't see that coming - UW really starting to improve and get it together, nice W for them and they clearly outplayed Neb last night.

Now they need to do everything they can to keep Polk around for next year bc that dude will be playing on Sundays eventually.

Locker has a long way to go to be an NFL-caliber passer but you saw some of the unlimited potential last night.

draft isall about projecting talent - and he will still be a fairly high first rd pick IMO, Tebow having success will only help.

For the record, spending the entirety of two posts explaining why Washington still sucks and Nebraska just sucked worse, and then tacking on, "Congrat on the win. UW deserved it." is basically the equivalent of some kid whining, "Gimme that!" and then having their parents scold them and tell them they have to say please and them coming back with "Gimme that please!".

It does not change your pattern of saying this or that team is going to get beat down, then coming up with some lame excuse if they don't.

Just stick with that. Don't try and mix in some BS "stand up, give credit where credit is do" at the end. We know you don't mean it.

As for Nebraska, they've been a train wreck down the stretch. Once everyone figured out the QB, they weren't lighting people up anymore and all you've heard out of the camp for the last month was how the QB was going to bail and people were pissed at Polini, etc. So it may not be so easy to write this off to them just not being motivated. They may simply not be a very good team. I'm not saying I called this, but it very much seems that those around here telling us to forget the 35 pt beat down knew what they were talking about.

Woa, you act as if my Sooner lost here and Im giving credit to who beat them. I cant stand Nebraska. The way they left the Big 12, the fact they are a rival of my Sooners. I loved seeing them get beat. So me giving UW credit isnt some stand up thing, its I call it like I see it thing. Make no mistake, I could care less about Washington and the only reason Id have liked to see them lose is so you Pac-10 blow hards could make some excuses. But clearly everyone on the planet knows nebraska wasnt motivated to play this game and Washington had revenge on its mind. No one predicted this, and its the biggest upset of the bowl season. Do you think if Nebraska was playing for more than their first bowl game in 8 years they might have taken this game a lil more serious.

Now if you want to talk about 2 teams whose teams faded down the stretch and over the years there have been rumblings about replacing the coaches, like the case with Okie St and Arizona and both of those programs needed the win for their alumni and boosters. Id be happy to discuss the complete ass kicking Okie St put on Arizona. But in this game, where these 2 teams already met in Washington and Nebraska destroyed them by 5 Tds, I dont think this game proves much more than one team thought they could just show up and win, and the other was playing for something their program hasnt had in almost a decade, a bowl win.

Either way, Washington isnt a good team either. This is the first team they beat all season that was even decent. And their over rated QB threw for 56 yards, and all 3 scoring drives were 53 yards or much less. So its an even bigger embarassment to Nebraska than people around the nation think Washington is now somehow a good team.

At the end of the day, the Big 12 soon to be the something 10 is now 1-4 for the Bowl season, did the rest of the teams have nothing to play for? Were they not focused on the game, not trying or did they just get beat by a better team?

3 games left and they may end up 2-6 when it is over, unless your Sooners do what they always do and get upset. Will Stoops eats his Cheerios from a tray this year, cuz if they put em in a Bowl he might lose them.....

At the end of the day, the Big 12 soon to be the something 10 is now 1-4 for the Bowl season, did the rest of the teams have nothing to play for? Were they not focused on the game, not trying or did they just get beat by a better team?

3 games left and they may end up 2-6 when it is over, unless your Sooners do what they always do and get upset. Will Stoops eats his Cheerios from a tray this year, cuz if they put em in a Bowl he might lose them.....

I dont think anyone was raving about the Big 12 this yr. And as long as OU wins, I could care less if we go 1-7 in bowls.

Its these Pac-10 tools who care so much about what other schools do other than their own. hell if Oregon or Stanford win, Wildcat will be crowing from the roof tops, but his team Arizona got the chit kicked out of them and that doesnt seem to matter much. :wacko:

OU is going to roll tomorrow night. Looking forward to it.

Wait wait wait wait. We are giving Jake Locker credit for going 5-16 for 50 yards? The Huskies won that game despite Jake Locker, not because of him. The defense was OUTSTANDING. The offensive line and Chris Polk were EVEN BETTER!! Jake Locker was AWFUL. AWFUL. He had no desire to throw the football. He knew trying to throw was making him look silly, so he started to run. I know how desperate we UW faithful were for a bowl win or good news of any kind, so I'm certainly not bashing Jake or the team here in any way, but to say that Jake did a great job of managing the game or to insist that he won the game is flat-out factually incorrect and is borderline delusional. He threw balls ten yards over guy's heads, out of bounds, threw rockets at feet, bounced easy passes and all of the other typical stuff en route to a five completion football game. Five completions in an entire game. Not a drive, not a quarter, not a half, an entire game. Love the kid. He played with heart and he ran really hard after he got knocked silly, but to say that this game was won on his shoulders or the win really had anything to do with something he did on the field is foolish. Great kid. Couldn't be happier for him, but he is about as bad of a QB as you can find.

Here at UW, where we have had Sixkiller, Moon, Brunell & Tui, we know a thing or two about running QB's. Can you honestly tell me that Locker is anywhere near the level of any one of those guys? I mean, even on the same planet? Heck, Stanback was a much better passer. It just ain't there. At this point, anybody that says it is, is kidding themselves.

Wait wait wait wait. We are giving Jake Locker credit for going 5-16 for 50 yards? The Huskies won that game despite Jake Locker, not because of him. The defense was OUTSTANDING. The offensive line and Chris Polk were EVEN BETTER!! Jake Locker was AWFUL. AWFUL. He had no desire to throw the football. He knew trying to throw was making him look silly, so he started to run. I know how desperate we UW faithful were for a bowl win or good news of any kind, so I'm certainly not bashing Jake or the team here in any way, but to say that Jake did a great job of managing the game or to insist that he won the game is flat-out factually incorrect and is borderline delusional. He threw balls ten yards over guy's heads, out of bounds, threw rockets at feet, bounced easy passes and all of the other typical stuff en route to a five completion football game. Five completions in an entire game. Not a drive, not a quarter, not a half, an entire game. Love the kid. He played with heart and he ran really hard after he got knocked silly, but to say that this game was won on his shoulders or the win really had anything to do with something he did on the field is foolish. Great kid. Couldn't be happier for him, but he is about as bad of a QB as you can find.

Here at UW, where we have had Sixkiller, Moon, Brunell & Tui, we know a thing or two about running QB's. Can you honestly tell me that Locker is anywhere near the level of any one of those guys? I mean, even on the same planet? Heck, Stanback was a much better passer. It just ain't there. At this point, anybody that says it is, is kidding themselves.

Glad to see a voice of reason.

I think it comes down to the fact that Kiper gave him a top 5 grade last year so he can only admit that he fell to a late 1st round grade. If he trashed him, he'd look stupid. So he stands up and yells about how a "less than stellar" season has cost him the 1st overall but doesn't go so far as to say, "wow, I completely whiffed on this one. This dude just can't play QB."

The part that I don't get is that the knock on guys who play his type of game is that the gaudy stats they put up in college won't translate. So, where are the stats? I mean, is it going to get easier in the pros?

I mean, you would have to assume that he's got pro-style skills that are being wasted in college. Well, wouldn't being able to complete passes count as "pro-style skills"?

The Huskies won that game despite Jake Locker, not because of him. The defense was OUTSTANDING. The offensive line and Chris Polk were EVEN BETTER!! Jake Locker was AWFUL. AWFUL. He had no desire to throw the football. He knew trying to throw was making him look silly, so he started to run.

Delusional? :wacko: Dude, the only one here thats delusional is you. I would like you to explain to me how Jake didn't manage that game well last night? If you knew football, as you claim to, or IF you watched the game, which by your comments I would guess you didn't, you would have seen that the UW receivers created no separation from the Nebraska DB's. Jake threw those passes high and out of bounds because the receivers were not open. They out physicaled us on the LOS all night. Jake had no where to go with the ball? I have never, ever said that Jake Locker had fantastic accuracy. What I have said is that Jake Locker is a classy kid, he's a leader, has amazing athleticism and that he managed the game great last night. If you're talking about strength, athleticism, putting the "team" first and sheer speed .... Jake Locker is unmatched. How anyone could watch that game and claim Jake Locker was "AWFUL" knows nothing about football. Disgraceful.

Managing the football game ...... isn't always about great passing stats, Its about managing the team, ball security and winning. Jake Locker led his team with crucial runs at big times of the game, one of them being a great 25 yard TD run. Was the leader of the team that dominated a team that was ranked #18 and did not turnover the ball one time against a very, very good defense. That's what a great QB does. That is managing the game well. For you, or any other delusional "fan" to say Jake Locker was AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL ...... doesn't know the game.

The greatest story about this game was that UW dominated the LOS, on both sides, against what was supposed to be one of the best teams from the Big 12. We did it with a defensive line that was decimated by injuries and shut down their running game and created constant pressure on Nebraska's QB's. The future looks bright. Holt just might be on his way to earning some of that salary.

Edited by theprofessor

Delusional? :wacko: Dude, the only one here thats delusional is you. I would like you to explain to me how Jake didn't manage that game well last night? If you knew football, as you claim to, or IF you watched the game, which by your comments I would guess you didn't, you would have seen that the UW receivers created no separation from the Nebraska DB's. Jake threw those passes high and out of bounds because the receivers were not open. They out physicaled us on the LOS all night. Jake had no where to go with the ball? I have never, ever said that Jake Locker had fantastic accuracy. What I have said is that Jake Locker is a classy kid, he's a leader, has amazing athleticism and that he managed the game great last night. If you're talking about strength, athleticism, putting the "team" first and sheer speed .... Jake Locker is unmatched. How anyone could watch that game and claim Jake Locker was "AWFUL" knows nothing about football. Disgraceful.

Managing the football game ...... isn't always about great passing stats, Its about managing the team, ball security and winning. Jake Locker led his team with crucial runs at big times of the game, one of them being a great 25 yard TD run. Was the leader of the team that dominated a team that was ranked #18 and did not turnover the ball one time against a very, very good defense. That's what a great QB does. That is managing the game well. For you, or any other delusional "fan" to say Jake Locker was AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL ...... doesn't know the game.

The greatest story about this game was that UW dominated the LOS, on both sides, against what was supposed to be one of the best teams from the Big 12. We did it with a defensive line that was decimated by injuries and shut down their running game and created constant pressure on Nebraska's QB's. The future looks bright. Holt just might be on his way to earning some of that salary.

As im reading this post, your own words sum you up completely. Delusional.....

Jake Locker is a joke of a QB. he couldnt hit the broad side of a barn, and the UW defense allowed him to as you say, "manage the game". When Jake Locker was forced to throw like in the first game, this was his line... J. Locker 4/20 71 yards - 1 TD - 2 int. 4 for 20, is pathetic, and so is 5 for 16 for 56 yards. Think about how truley pathetic this is. In 2 games, Locker is 9 for 36, for 126 yards, a TD and 2 INT. 126 yards in 2 starts. Just awful. jake wasnt any better last night than he was the first time, except Nebraksa didnt pick him off twice, and the UW defense didnt take it in the ass like they did the first game. To say because UW won, and Jake managed the game while accounting for 130 total yards, 83 of which rushing is assinine.

for you to defend him shows just how clueless you are. Dude this year threw for under 100 yards 4 times this season, a 4th of their schedule. He had a 55% completion percentage, which is flat out pathetic. think about the true great QBs Luck 72%, Newton 67%, Mallet 67%, Gabbert 64%, and even Pryor had 65.8% What else is different about those 5, they are all winners. Locker in his best season ever was 7-6, and had an overall record at UW 7-6, 5-7, 0-4, 3-9 that is 15 and 26, with him only playing 4 games in a 0-12 season, so it could have been so much worse. That isnt a winner. With a pathetic completion percentage, a knack for losing game after game after game, and no passing skill what so ever in a conference known for no pass defense, only an idiot praises this dude as a QB. Locker is a decent athlete at best. he isnt even as accomplished as Alex Smith in college, so this guy should have took the money last yr when people actually thought he could play, instead of coming back and leaving no doubt he cant. Big mistake for what looks like a good kid. Whoever gave him the advice to return should be ashamed of themselves, they cost him multi millions and that isnt even because there maybe a rookie salary cap. Instead because his draft stock is going to plummet after showing he cant play..

Seriously how can you defend him at all as a QB. What has he done to prove he is even average? Beat an unmotivated Nebraska team that destroyed UW at home by 5 Tds earlier in the season. Bowl games are about who is happy to be there, and who is disinterested. Clearly after watching both performances in these 2 games, that is what last night was. No excuse for Nebraska, they ought to be ashamed they didnt win by at least 3 TDs last night. That is a huge upset right there, but to lose, is maybe the biggest upset in recent bowl history.