[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Work gloves -- What are the best you've found?

cre8tiff

I blow through work gloves.

You would think an IT professional would not be so hard on such things, but I work with my hands a lot doing remodeling, cutting wood, landscaping etc.

I need a new set of gloves to take with me to Honduras where I am going to help a poor village build a co-op (No kidding). I have looked at Lowe's and Home D, and aside from the full grain cowhide gloves I grew up with, they just don't have anything sturdy enough. I tried a pair of those newfangled stretchy gloves by Firm Grip, but I ripped through that fake leather within a week. I did like how they fit, though, better than the cowhide ones.

What gloves (if any) do you guys recommend for heavy work?

I blow through work gloves.

You would think an IT professional would not be so hard on such things, but I work with my hands a lot doing remodeling, cutting wood, landscaping etc.

I need a new set of gloves to take with me to Honduras where I am going to help a poor village build a co-op (No kidding). I have looked at Lowe's and Home D, and aside from the full grain cowhide gloves I grew up with, they just don't have anything sturdy enough. I tried a pair of those newfangled stretchy gloves by Firm Grip, but I ripped through that fake leather within a week. I did like how they fit, though, better than the cowhide ones.

What gloves (if any) do you guys recommend for heavy work?

I like the firm grip gloves, but I am not very tough on them.

Do a search for kangaroo leather gloves.

I beat the crap out of them too, and have not found a pair that will stand up to heavy landscaping work for any extended use. So I usually go with the 3-packs of rawhide gloves that HD has for like 10 or 12 bucks. I also like these for lighter jobs.

I second the Carrhart recommendation. I do have a pair of Wells Lamont leather-palm/wetsuit material back that held up REALLY well in a motorcycle wreck one time. I was riding in a short-sleeve shirt and got rash on the forearms but the gloves held up. They were damaged, but didn't wear through and my hands weren't. They look a lot like the set taz linked to above. 'Course, they were like $20, not $50.

seriously, I've used expensive gloves for work before and none can match the dollar store gloves....the cotton ones with what appears to be paint where the palm is....

I get amazing grip and it feels like I am actually lifting whatever it is in my hand instead of it feeling like a layer of material between my hand and the object....

the only downfall is that you have to buy a lot,...