[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Oregon vs Auburn

Rockerbraves

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this game live up to it's hype? Based upon the lack of interest on this board it certainly doesn't seem so. :wacko:

What? Were we supposed to be talking about it non-stop for the last month? I blame that on these effers making us wait 6 weeks since they each last played.

Which, btw, is yet another effing stupid thing about the BCS. It's supposedly the most important college football game that will be played this season. So, let's take 6 weeks off just to make sure it's as poorly played a game as it possibly could be. You wanna give them an extra week off? That's great. Get everyone healthy and have some extra time to prep for the opponent. But 6 weeks?

Honestly, it's as if they got a group of the smartest football minds together in one room to figure out how to end the college football season and then just did the exact opposite of what they came up with.

Of course I'll watch, but I'll know damned well that there's just as much chance that this will be a contest of which team came up with the best way to stay fresh for 6 weeks than the other did. Which, I suppose is a challenge worth rewarding, but also a totally random curve that has nothing to do with the rest of the season.

can't wait.................. people all over this town right now, a sea of Oregon green and Auburn colors everywhere

Ducks 41

Aub 31

Mixed emotions on this game. On one hand it would be nice to see the SEC win their 5th straight and 6 out of the last 8 BCS National Championships, but as a LSU fan I would not mind seeing the Tigers open up their 2011 season in Jerry's World against the defending BCS NC.

I'm excited about this one. Clearly the best 2 teams in the nation duke it out in their contrasting styles. Generally, I'd think Big Speed kicks Smurf speed's a$$ every time, but these Ducks might just be different with their ability to attack in so many different ways. This is better than the team Ohio State beat last year, with more weapons and a better QB. And their STs might prove to be the difference in this game

I'd rather enjoy a Ptt-Baltimore type slugfest; but that's too much to ask for in the offense-oriented college game where great defenses are hard to find. As long as we get a clean, well-executed, exciting game, I'll be happy. :wacko:

Edited by Glabra

First of all Im glad this game is finally here. I think it will be a great game.

What worries me about this game is Oregon. Oregon beat exactly 1 ranked team all season, and did so easily. Stanford beat exactly no one all season, and that includes Va Tech. Though Stanford looked impressive, I have to admit. Auburn beat a slew of top 25 teams, an Alabama team that had them down by 3 Tds at Bama. A very impressive LSU squad, and the list goes on and on.

What seperates the SEC from every other conference is the size and speed of the front 7 on defense. No one has the kind of size/speed at DL and LB as the SEC brings, and that can not be game planned for. neither can the size and strength of Cam Newton.

Oregon is loaded with speed on offense, and should be able to score on anyone, but it wouldnt surprise me at all if they were completely shut down outside a couple of huge runs.

This game will be decided by the Oregon OL vs the Auburn DL/LBs. Whoever wins this battle will probably win the game.

I have no dog in the fight, and really no rooting interest one way or the other. My prediction: Auburn 34 - Oregon 24

Edited by Living the Dream

What? Were we supposed to be talking about it non-stop for the last month? I blame that on these effers making us wait 6 weeks since they each last played.

Could not agree more. Way too long of a wait. Is this extra week only caused because of the way New Year's fell this year and working around the NFL playoffs?

Wildcat you going to the game? Ticket prices seem reasonable :wacko:http://www.stubhub.com/bcs-national-champi...10-2011-927206/

I like Oregon 52-45. Take the over. :wacko:

Just my gut, but I feel like the over is the sucker bet. Hopefully it's a good game because I really couldn't care less about either team (or conference).

Edited by Square

The difference in this game will be coaching and special teams and Oregon will be superior in both. Chip will have his team ready and prepared and Aliotta will put together a great game plan for Cam. I also think that Oregon will expose the secondary of Auburn.

Looking for a big game from Darron Thomas as he's had to listen to how great Cam Newton is for 6 weeks. He'll play with a chip on his shoulder and after the game the post game talk will be about his game. Oregon will stretch the lead to 2 touchdowns in the lattter stages of the game as they wear down Auburn with their pace and superior conditioning.

Oregon 38

Auburn 24

The difference in this game will be coaching and special teams and Oregon will be superior in both. Chip will have his team ready and prepared and Aliotta will put together a great game plan for Cam. I also think that Oregon will expose the secondary of Auburn.

Looking for a big game from Darron Thomas as he's had to listen to how great Cam Newton is for 6 weeks. He'll play with a chip on his shoulder and after the game the post game talk will be about his game. Oregon will stretch the lead to 2 touchdowns in the lattter stages of the game as they wear down Auburn with their pace and superior conditioning.

Oregon 38

Auburn 24

My biggest concern for the Ducks is that some of their players might get hurt. :wacko:

Pac 10 is underrated this year and the SEC is overrated - I think this shows up on the field tonight. This Oregon team is like nothing Auburn has ever seen. Always respek the SEC but this year, I don't think the league was as good as it usually is.

I watched Auburn struggle agains too many not very good teams - see Ole Miss, Kentucky, Clemson, etc.

Ducks are the better team, better coached and will be better prepared tonight. I see them winning by double digits and pulling away in the second half.

Auburn is the pre-determined winner. On the Chinese calender, we are in the year of the Tiger. The new Chinese year does not begin until the 3rd of February, at which time it will be the year of the Rabbit.

So Auburn it is.

Edited by Chief Dick

Will this game live up to it's hype? Based upon the lack of interest on this board it certainly doesn't seem so. :wacko:

If interest is low doesn't that make it easier to live up to the "hype"?

I have to say though, for a game pitting two teams against each other of which I have no vested interest, I am really looking forward to it. I have a tough time imagining either team really being able to stop the other's offense for an extended period of time. Should be fun. Big plays and big mistakes will decide this one.

First of all Im glad this game is finally here. I think it will be a great game.

What worries me about this game is Oregon. Oregon beat exactly 1 ranked team all season, and did so easily. Stanford beat exactly no one all season, and that includes Va Tech. Though Stanford looked impressive, I have to admit. Auburn beat a slew of top 25 teams, an Alabama team that had them down by 3 Tds at Bama. A very impressive LSU squad, and the list goes on and on.

What seperates the SEC from every other conference is the size and speed of the front 7 on defense. No one has the kind of size/speed at DL and LB as the SEC brings, and that can not be game planned for. neither can the size and strength of Cam Newton.

Oregon is loaded with speed on offense, and should be able to score on anyone, but it wouldnt surprise me at all if they were completely shut down outside a couple of huge runs.

This game will be decided by the Oregon OL vs the Auburn DL/LBs. Whoever wins this battle will probably win the game.

I have no dog in the fight, and really no rooting interest one way or the other. My prediction: Auburn 34 - Oregon 24

Pretty much sums it up for me. I don't think Oregon comes close in the end. Too bad. Hope it's close though and not decided by stupid plays or a stupid ref call.

I give up, why does Oregon love butt-ugly unis? Well they might win due to Auburn laughing at em too much. :wacko:

I really think the size diff dooms Oregon early. Speed might get a big play or 3 but not nearly enough.

Edited by BeeR