[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Grandma died last night

muck

Sunday afternoon was complaining of lower back pain.

Monday afternoon had tests looking for a cracked hip, rib or similar. Found, instead, a massive internal infection. She had no symptoms (fever, etc.) other than lower back pain. While visiting her in the hospital on Monday night, she was chatting about KU's overtime win vs. Michigan the night before and asking the nurses if her room would have a TV so she could watch the national champtionship game between Oregon and Auburn.

Yesterday, she quit being responsive at about 5am; she died last night.

I will miss discussing the Chiefs draft prospects with her each spring... A huge sports lover. My 90 year old grandmother.

She came from a different time ... her mother was a polio survivor who married late in life; gave birth to my grandmother when she was 40yrs old and then was a widow four years later. As a result, my grandmother was raised by two older women (her mom and grandmother) without any male influence as her half-brother left for college when she was still quite young. As a young adult, she decided to marry the most virile young man she'd ever met ... my grandfather earned eleven varsity letters in three sports in college and was an avid outdoorsman, leader and teacher; a real 'renaissance man' (HS coach, bank president, JR high principal, Sunday School teacher for 40+ years, logistics executive, handyman, woodworker, pool shark, etc.). He died three years ago, nearly to the day.

They are survived by their two kids, five grandchildren and 12 great grandchildren.

Entire family is at peace about this. It's a celebration!

:wacko:

Hopefully now, the Chiefs will take her long-standing advice and "get fast guys where you should have fast guys and get fat guys where you should have fat guys".

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully now, the Chiefs will take her long-standing advice and "get fast guys where you should have fast guys and get fat guys where you should have fat guys".

:wacko: I love it. God bless her Muck. She sounded like a real gem. May she rest in peace

I would love to add that to my sig, but out of respect for your grandmother, I won't. But damn I'd really love to cause that is awesome.

Sounds like a wonderful human being, sports fan and most of all, grandma.

Sorry for your loss Muck. :wacko: