[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

UW Basketball ...

theprofessor

I'll be in Staples in a couple weeks to watch my Dawgs act some revennge on the Wildcats. Great game but UW should have won this game in Tucson. Blew the Cats out in Seattle and narrowly missed beating them on the road. Huskies make their free throws early on and it's over. DW had a great game but player of the year being a CLEAR choice? Don't see it with the year Isiah has had and also Klay at WSU. If it's a MVP vote the trophy, in my opinion, goes to Isiah Thomas. The kid does it all for the huskies. His ability to distribute is unmatched in college hoops this year.

well, take off your purple and gold colored glasses for a second because DW is the CLEAR choice, and he is the Pac 10 MVP.

Have you waatched UA? DW does it all for that team, has led them to #10 in the nation for a team that is not that talented. DW may get 1st team All American, 2nd team at worst....... UW and Romar need to step it up, I think if Miller is coaching them- they would be the easy Pac 10 champ... I am convinced he is the real deal and just an unreal basketball coach.

enjoy it now because UA will be back to dominating the Dawgs once Miller has his recruiting classes in place

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, take off your purple and gold colored glasses for a second because DW is the CLEAR choice, and he is the Pac 10 MVP.

Have you waatched UA? DW does it all for that team, has led them to #10 in the nation for a team that is not that talented. DW may get 1st team All American, 2nd team at worst....... UW and Romar need to step it up, I think if Miller is coaching them- they would be the easy Pac 10 champ... I am convinced he is the real deal and just an unreal basketball coach.

enjoy it now because UA will be back to dominating the Dawgs once Miller has his recruiting classes in place

Wrong about DW but right about Miller. I think he's a great coach too. UW will be cutting down the nets at Staples, again.

Williams is the player of the year. Thomas gets some pretty stats, but very little of it happens naturally within the flow of the offense. That is the difference between a true PG and a combo guard. The Huskies have had very few open layups against the better teams since Gaddy went down. The offense just has no flow to it anymore. Thomas is deadly coming off of a ball screen. He attracts the defense and can then find open guys, but you have to slow down the offense and bring a ball screen almost every time down the court. Effective in spurts, but this is not the correct way to run an offense. It just has no flow to it whatsoever, and you have to work that much harder for baskets. The Huskies have to hoist way too many three point shots because they aren't able to manufacture easy buckets. If they're hot from the outside, they can beat anybody, but if they're not, it's pretty ugly.

UA has done a great job in recruiting, but the Huskies are LOADED too. Gaddy for two more years, Wilcox and Ross are freshman. Wroten and Stewart coming in next year. They still need another big, but that backcourt is going to be as talented as any in the country. Losing Holiday and Overton's defense could be a killer, but the top of this conference is in good shape for a while.

If UCLA can get another year out of Honeycutt, to go with Nelson and Smith, they're going to be awfully good as well. I can't figure out why WSU isn't better. Oregon is going to rise quickly as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Might be a bit premature but the Husky's look like a team that can go all the way this year.

Fast forward two months and they are a bubble team that looks more like one and done. MBA hasn't been able to mature into the leadership role like Pondexter and Brockman before him, his inconsistent ability to finish is maddening to watch.

Fast forward two months and they are a bubble team that looks more like one and done. MBA hasn't been able to mature into the leadership role like Pondexter and Brockman before him, his inconsistent ability to finish is maddening to watch.

Maddening works. FINISH ALREADY!!! The more frustrating thing to me is that Thomas still gets the playing time that he gets. That guy has not taken a single quality shot in three games now. He just throws up absolute garbage. Lorenzo finally sits him, we come flying back into the game led by Overton, get within 5 with about four minutes left, and then HE PUTS THOMAS BACK INNNNNNN!!!! Isaiah quickly throws up two garbage threes and then tries to take their whole team to the paint and throws up a flailing double pumper that doesn't get rim. Ballgame over. I'm a big proponent of playing your most talented players, especially at the college level, but the way IT is playing right now, he is hurting us so bad that we really don't have a chance. The funniest part of Seattle sports fans is that there are going to be articles written and radio calls taken during the offseason by people asking if Isaiah is going to leave school for the NBA.

Edited by Seahawks21

Awesome game again today. UA and UW could get a nice little thing going for a few years. The Huskies really surprised me, especially Romar. He finally swallowed his pride and chose to live and die with freshman. I can't believe UA didn't play more zone against us, especially since IT was getting to the paint so often, and we have struggles so mightily against the zone over the past few weeks. I'm convinced Romar is inept with X's and O's on the offensive end. You don't go three years without getting open layups against the zone. You just don't. He's an outstanding recruiter and is the dream ambassador for the program, and is an outstanding defensive coach, so I am in no means saying I want to see him gone, but I do think there is a limit to how far he can take us.

Hopefully this will propel UW to a win or two in the NCAA tournament, but I still think the first time they see a team that plays a good amount of zone, they're dead in the water. We'll see.

My take ..... Spent the week in LA and watched the entire tournament at Staples. Going in, with the way we had played the last 12 games I thought we'd have no shot at cutting down the nets. Then when I flew in from Vegas on Wednesday and I heard that Overton was suspended for the tournament I felt even less confident. Venoy is an integral part of what we do. His ball pressure and ability to create turnovers changes momentum and can be game changing. Not having him is a loss. While the zone has often been our achilles heel I thought the huskies handled it pretty well this weekend. Definitely saw improvement.

My biggest frustration with Romar is how much he uses Aziz N' Diaye? This kid has is overmatched every time he's on the floor. He doesn't know how to use his size to his advantage. His arms are consistently at this sides on defense. He doesn't know how to properly block out and God forbid if he touches the ball on the offensive end. He has no strength in his hands and is consistently getting the ball ripped away. He's pretty athletic and runs well for his size but his fundamentals are atrocious. The kid needs some work in the off-season.

While it's frustrating to watch the Huskies shoot so many 3's nobody can argue that they have three of the most pure shooters in college basketball in Wilcox, Suggs and Ross. Great contributions all week from the 2 freshman, Ross and Wilcox. Their future is very, very bright. Bryan Amanning had an up and down tournament but his play on D-Will yesterday was pretty impressive and I loved how he took the ball inside on DW and did very well. But as Seahwaks1 said earlier it is frustrating to watch him misstoo many shots from inside of 3-5 feet. I also thought we got a spark from Darnell Gant who always seems to play well in this tournament. He played with a ton of energy down low and was outworking the Arizona front line. Pretty impressive when you outboard the Wildcats who are much bigger and more physical than the huskies. Rebounding is all about effort and the Dawgs outworked the Mildcats yesterday.

Now, to the man, Isaiah Thomas. What this kid did this week is nothing short of amazing. I think he played every minute, but one, of all three games. The only time I remember him sitting is for about 45 seconds of the Oregon game. As soon as he sat down Oregon took advantage and put pressure on the ball and within seconds Isaiah came back in the game. The maturation of this kid this year has been fun to watch. He's developed into a great team player, great distributor of the ball, controls tempo, can score on anyone and there is not a more physical point guard in the country. IT could score 30 on any night but he puts team first and gets everyone involved. He is so gifted when he penetrates and shields the ball from opposing bigs who try to block the shot. It's amazing how few times his shot gets blocked as he goes to the rack. When you watch the great players they make the game seem slow and easy, that's how IT makes the game look.

The biggest disappointment to me has been the lack of progress in Justin Holliday's game. I thought in the 1st half of the season he played very well but the last half he has completely lost confidence in his shot and also I think his defense has suffered. He was our stopper on defense but has been getting beat lately. I'd like to see him slash to the hoop a little bit more and stay away from the 18-20 foot shot. At the 15 game mark I thought he was probaly going to go in the mid to late 2nd round because of his ability to play great defense but now I doubt he gets drafted.

What the huskies accomplished with really only 1 guard this weekend was pretty incredible. This weekend's play probably moved them somewhere between a 5-8 seed. I see them possibly winning two but I don't think they'll go further than that. They live and die with the three. If they play a team that's big and strong in the paint, can slow the game down and play a tough zone they will have problems. Great weekend to be a Husky fan and it was a great experience to party with Husky fans and a few of the loyal Wildcat fans after the game at the Yard House. U of A fans were a pretty classy bunch, prior to, and even after the game. The flight home with the cheer squad, the band and 100+ Husky fans was one of the best times I've had in a long time. I also got a chance to talk to long time Husky play by play guy, Bob Rondeau. Great week to be a Husky fan!

Edited by theprofessor

The more frustrating thing to me is that Thomas still gets the playing time that he gets. That guy has not taken a single quality shot in three games now. He just throws up absolute garbage. Lorenzo finally sits him, we come flying back into the game led by Overton, get within 5 with about four minutes left, and then HE PUTS THOMAS BACK INNNNNNN!!!! Isaiah quickly throws up two garbage threes and then tries to take their whole team to the paint and throws up a flailing double pumper that doesn't get rim. Ballgame over. I'm a big proponent of playing your most talented players, especially at the college level, but the way IT is playing right now, he is hurting us so bad that we really don't have a chance. The funniest part of Seattle sports fans is that there are going to be articles written and radio calls taken during the offseason by people asking if Isaiah is going to leave school for the NBA.

You have to be kidding, right? Clueless :wacko: Further proof of what I've said about you all year. Thomas is the best player on the floor everytime the Husky's lace it up. Stick to football .....er .....bowling.

You have to be kidding, right? Clueless :wacko: Further proof of what I've said about you all year. Thomas is the best player on the floor everytime the Husky's lace it up. Stick to football .....er .....bowling.

Yep, the turnovers and overall inefficiency of his game are absolutely breathtaking to watch. I marvel at how incredible the guy is. I'm really starting to like you. You've been correct, well, zero percent of the time over the past two years or so, and you keep coming back stronger and stronger. I tip my cap. If you had a pair of fresh eyes, and watched Isaiah Thomas play basketball for the first time, you would come away with a slightly different viewpoint than you portray. That is all I'm saying.

Now, to the man, Isaiah Thomas. What this kid did this week is nothing short of amazing. I think he played every minute, but one, of all three games. The only time I remember him sitting is for about 45 seconds of the Oregon game. As soon as he sat down Oregon took advantage and put pressure on the ball and within seconds Isaiah came back in the game. The maturation of this kid this year has been fun to watch. He's developed into a great team player, great distributor of the ball, controls tempo, can score on anyone and there is not a more physical point guard in the country. IT could score 30 on any night but he puts team first and gets everyone involved. He is so gifted when he penetrates and shields the ball from opposing bigs who try to block the shot. It's amazing how few times his shot gets blocked as he goes to the rack. When you watch the great players they make the game seem slow and easy, that's how IT makes the game look.

Isiah had just a flat out sensational conference tourney. That last shot yesterday is embedded in my long term memory bank. I had minor quips about his game going into this year that I'm putting aside for the rest of his college career. While I'd argue about him being the best player on the court at times, no one can question his heart and mental toughness. He willed the Dawgs to a conference championship.

Isiah had just a flat out sensational conference tourney. That last shot yesterday is embedded in my long term memory bank. I had minor quips about his game going into this year that I'm putting aside for the rest of his college career. While I'd argue about him being the best player on the court at times, no one can question his heart and mental toughness. He willed the Dawgs to a conference championship.

Agreed. He's as tough of a competitor as they come.

Yep, the turnovers and overall inefficiency of his game are absolutely breathtaking to watch. I marvel at how incredible the guy is. I'm really starting to like you. You've been correct, well, zero percent of the time over the past two years or so, and you keep coming back stronger and stronger. I tip my cap. If you had a pair of fresh eyes, and watched Isaiah Thomas play basketball for the first time, you would come away with a slightly different viewpoint than you portray. That is all I'm saying.

Appreciate your willingness to substantiate my opinion of you, and your lack of knowledge of all sports, time after time.

Appreciate your willingness to substantiate my opinion of you, and your lack of knowledge of all sports, time after time.

Just watch. Exact same situation as your boy Locker. Once Thomas is gone, the UW team will improve. It is that simple. Don't believe me? Watch with your own eyes and revisit. No need to argue.

I hear your arguments with 99% of the Seattle sports fans I talk to. I hear it a hundred times a day on local sports radio. I hear it from every guy in my office, and most of my friends. I don't necessarily hold it against you, it is just culture. Most Seattle fans are lemmings. Plain and simple. Uneducated, thick homer glass wearing, void of original though, almost always incorrect, lemmings. I'm actually pretty impressed with most of the Seattle area huddlers. There is usually some original thought going on around here, rather than the normal regurgitation of feel-good homerism that this area is famous for. Stick with us a while, you'll learn a few things eventually.

Let me know if these things sound familiar:

The Deon Branch trade was a great idea when consummated

The Erik Bedard trade was a great idea when consummated

The refs cost the Seahawks the Super Bowl

It was a good idea to bring Griffey back

Jake Locker is really good

Matt Hasselbeck deserves another year

Just watch. Exact same situation as your boy Locker. Once Thomas is gone, the UW team will improve. It is that simple. Don't believe me? Watch with your own eyes and revisit. No need to argue.

I hear your arguments with 99% of the Seattle sports fans I talk to. I hear it a hundred times a day on local sports radio. I hear it from every guy in my office, and most of my friends. I don't necessarily hold it against you, it is just culture. Most Seattle fans are lemmings. Plain and simple. Uneducated, thick homer glass wearing, void of original though, almost always incorrect, lemmings. I'm actually pretty impressed with most of the Seattle area huddlers. There is usually some original thought going on around here, rather than the normal regurgitation of feel-good homerism that this area is famous for. Stick with us a while, you'll learn a few things eventually.

Let me know if these things sound familiar:

The Deon Branch trade was a great idea when consummated

The Erik Bedard trade was a great idea when consummated

The refs cost the Seahawks the Super Bowl

It was a good idea to bring Griffey back

Jake Locker is really good

Matt Hasselbeck deserves another year

:wacko: You're a funny guy. Misinformed, with absolutely no knowledge of sports but boy are you funny :tup:

The more frustrating thing to me is that Thomas still gets the playing time that he gets. That guy has not taken a single quality shot in three games now. He just throws up absolute garbage. Lorenzo finally sits him, we come flying back into the game led by Overton, get within 5 with about four minutes left, and then HE PUTS THOMAS BACK INNNNNNN!!!!

A perfect example of your foolishness and lack of knowledge. So you believe Romar should take away minutes from Isaiah Thomas and give them to Overton? :tup: Thomas has proven to be a guy that takes care of the ball, runs the offense with efficiency, can score and distribute with the best point guards in college basketball while Overton plays out of control 70% of the time, turns the ball over with regularity, has no ability to score from the perimeter and has no leadership abilities? :lol:

Pay attention ...... Thomas willed us to a win against WSU in the conference tourney with his leadership and play, played 143 of 145 minutes in the conference tourney, broke the tourney record for assists, scored 28 points and hit the game winning shot in the championship game yet "Mr. Knowledge" believes Romar should sit Mr. Thomas down for Venoy Overton?. Comical. Perhaps you need to start paying attention to the girls in the office, as clearly, you could benefit from their help :wacko:

:wacko: You're a funny guy. Misinformed, with absolutely no knowledge of sports but boy are you funny :tup:

Okay, smart guy. Which part exactly do you disagree with? The fact that we'll be better when Isaiah is gone? The fact that the Huskies willl be much better next year when Locker is gone? Put your money where your mouth is, if I'm so stupid. Here comes the line about how you don't feel like wagering on the internet for some morality reason. I can't wait to hear this.

Tell me you didn't believe every last one of those things I listed was a true statement, lemming. Do I need to post them again? Go ahead, go one by one. Please, indulge us. Don't worry, I'll wait.

I already know your reply. You'll dodge the question and attack me in some form or another.

Edited by Seahawks21

A perfect example of your foolishness and lack of knowledge. So you believe Romar should take away minutes from Isaiah Thomas and give them to Overton? :tup: Thomas has proven to be a guy that takes care of the ball, runs the offense with efficiency, can score and distribute with the best point guards in college basketball while Overton plays out of control 70% of the time, turns the ball over with regularity, has no ability to score from the perimeter and has no leadership abilities? :lol:

Pay attention ...... Thomas willed us to a win against WSU in the conference tourney with his leadership and play, played 143 of 145 minutes in the conference tourney, broke the tourney record for assists, scored 28 points and hit the game winning shot in the championship game yet "Mr. Knowledge" believes Romar should sit Mr. Thomas down for Venoy Overton?. Comical. Perhaps you need to start paying attention to the girls in the office, as clearly, you could benefit from their help :wacko:

Did anything I say refer to the Pac-10 tournamet, or was it before the tournament even started? Of course you're going to play your best players most of the time, but when you have a player that is as cold as Isaiah was, and was turning the ball over as often as Isaiah was, and is keeping you from winning games that you really need to win, and the rest of your team is playing well, sometimes you have to sit a guy, even your star, for the benefit of the team. The bottom line is that we win a couple of those games down the stretch if IT isn't on the floor. He was playing THAT terribly. I know you can't see it behind your purple shades, but at that point, you simply aren't going to win if you keep Isaiah on the floor. We did, and we lost big. Some nights you just have to say that a kid doesn't have it and play the kids that are hot, especially if you are relatively desparate for a win.

Did anything I say refer to the Pac-10 tournamet, or was it before the tournament even started? Of course you're going to play your best players most of the time, but when you have a player that is as cold as Isaiah was, and was turning the ball over as often as Isaiah was, and is keeping you from winning games that you really need to win, and the rest of your team is playing well, sometimes you have to sit a guy, even your star, for the benefit of the team. The bottom line is that we win a couple of those games down the stretch if IT isn't on the floor. He was playing THAT terribly. I know you can't see it behind your purple shades, but at that point, you simply aren't going to win if you keep Isaiah on the floor. We did, and we lost big. Some nights you just have to say that a kid doesn't have it and play the kids that are hot, especially if you are relatively desparate for a win.

:tup::wacko:

Okay, smart guy. Which part exactly do you disagree with? The fact that we'll be better when Isaiah is gone? The fact that the Huskies willl be much better next year when Locker is gone? Put your money where your mouth is, if I'm so stupid. Here comes the line about how you don't feel like wagering on the internet for some morality reason. I can't wait to hear this.

Tell me you didn't believe every last one of those things I listed was a true statement, lemming. Do I need to post them again? Go ahead, go one by one. Please, indulge us. Don't worry, I'll wait.

I already know your reply. You'll dodge the question and attack me in some form or another.

No need to dodge, no need to insult ..... you do just fine all by yourself. Is the reason we'll be better because Locker's gone or will we be better because Sark has had some success, his recruiting class is better and the kids have played in his and Holt's system for another year? If their better it won't be because Locker's gone it will because the program is growing and getting better. The same goes for the basketball team. You've moved to a whole new level. :wacko:

You're so predictable, lemming. Still waiting for those answers bro.....

The UW quarterback will complete 7% more passes next year and the team will score at least 6 PPG more, and the biggest factor will not be because the lineman got a year older, it will be because UW got a QB that is actually capable of completing passes, lemming.

:tup::wacko:

Clever retort, lemming. Predictable? Geez. Fact it, my post made 100% sense to anybody who knows diddily-poo about sports or college basketball. Those that don't get it, don't get it. Walk on by, lemming, nothing you'd understand here.

Edited by Seahawks21

Make a wager on ANYTHING. Any point you've tried to make. ANY of them. Put your money where your mouth is. If I'm SOOO STUPID, and I know nothing about sports, why are you so afraid to prove it, lemming? Why? I'm gonna get rich off of your ego. Take ANY point you've made. ANY OF THEM. Put some money on it. Fact is, you don't have the balls. PICK A POINT!! Pick Locker. Pick Mallett. Pick Isaiah. Pick any darn thing you've called me stupid about, and put your money up, lemming. PICK ANY OF THEM. I don't even care what it is. I'll gladly take the opposition. I'm that confident that you will be right about NOTHING. I'm calling you out, lemming. I'm sick of this BS game. I've been right about every single last argument we've had, and you point fingers and laugh. I'm done with that BS. Put your money up big man. I'm calling your phony azz out. Come out, come out wherever you are.