[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texas Huddlers

NSab

Any millionaires made from Ignite?

About a year ago I was meeting with I guy I knew from a finance company looking for opinions on how to get some projects financed. He basically told me lending was dead and what he had gotten into was this Stream Energy thing... Pyramid scheme the whole way.

Need a little more info here, NSab. I'm a veteran of the TX deregulated electric market as I have switched providers at least 8 times over the past ~6 years. Are you asking about Stream to use as your electric company or are you asking about them because you are looking to sell their service as some of the posts above alude to? I know nothing about the latter, as I didn't even know their services were sold that way. However, if you are asking about using them as a provider, I can tell you that I used them and never had any issues with them. I signed up online, never talked with a soul there. I used them for 6-12 months and left them without any hassle.

In Texas, we have a website, powertochoose.org that all electric companies have to list their rates on. It makes it easy to compare rates. There are also links to the fact sheets that show any other possible fees. I would check to see if PA has something similar set up. None of these companies actually supply the power to your house, nor do they provide service if you have a downed power line. They are really just billing and administration companies. I switch to the lowest cost provider every 6-12 months and lock in a rate. There is really no reason to stay with the incumbent (here it is TXU) other than some inane fear that a new provider could leave you without power. The incumbent (at least initially in TX) was mandated to have a higher price than any of the new companies which encouraged people to switch.

Thanks I was interested in Both areas actually.