[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

Jacob is going home.

I just don't get James, but I must admit, he reminds me of someone I used to work with and I didn't like the guy he reminds me of ... at all, so ... I'm clearly biased.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted Scotty to go, but not terribly surprised that Casey went instead. He was all over the place with music styles, and that's probably not what most voters are looking for.

Nice to see Haley in the top 3. Going from Dark Horse to emerging favorite...

After just watching Casey on Leno, I am not sure what I ever saw in him. He really did not sound good to me at all and his body language just flat out sucks if you ask me. I don't mean to pile on him as I did actually like him at one point but now I am just wondering why.

these judges are now officially annoying. jacob blows. both of those songs sucked ass and were painful to listen to. haley rocks and they give her grief. first time i've missed simon all year. and just because james or jacob cries, doesn't mean the song was good. their vocals were hideous.

give it to lauren and let's end this thing.

correction ... damn haley baby! that house of the rising sun was dope! loved it.

:wacko:

Son of a batch! I am watching on the dvr and I am only at Haley's first song. Don't know why I clicked in this thread as I forgot I was on the dvr but wondered why it was up top here at the tailgate. Now I ruined my Haley second song. Well, not really, I am now just looking way forward to it. I love Haley btw.

Haley has improved nearly every week. That was her best effort and maybe the best rendition of "rising sun" that ihave ever heard.

James' first song, Closer to the Edge, was plain awful. He wasn't in tune the entire song and still got his jock stroked. Second, Without You, was just OK for me. The standing ovation was way overboard.

Jacob has lost his way and it will cost him. No Air was just OK. He didn't have to do a rock song, Love Hurts, to gain audience. Bad advice from Jimmy.

Lauren's first song, Flat on the Floor, was really good for a genre I'm not very fond of. Second song, Unchained melody, was just OK. I didn't feel like she really connected to the song even if it is her parents' favorite.

Scotty. I'm just tired of Scotty. Not my thing at all.

Haley rocked the house on both songs, You and I and House of the Rising Sun. Judges were completely unfair to her after the Gaga song; Critiquing her while giving others a pass is downright criminal. The wife and I voted on all our phones for Haley. She's become our favorite, but for some reason the judges like to pick on her nearly every week.

My bottom three: James, Jacob, Scotty

The voters bottom three: Jacob, Lauren, Scotty

Going Home: Jacob

Side note: Both the mrs. and I have decided we won't watch next season if the judging has the same milquetoast quality about it.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

James' first song, Closer to the Edge, was plain awful. He wasn't in tune the entire song and still got his jock stroked. Second, Without You, was just OK for me. The standing ovation was way overboard.

I thought James was out of tune last week as well. He is getting a :wacko: from me.

Jacob has lost his way and it will cost him. No Air was just OK. He didn't have to do a rock song, Love Hurts, to gain audience. Bad advice from Jimmy.

Lauren's first song, Flat on the Floor, was really good for a genre I'm not very fond of. Second song, Unchained melody, was just OK. I didn't feel like she really connected to the song even if it is her parents' favorite.

Scotty. I'm just tired of Scotty. Not my thing at all.

Haley rocked the house on both songs, You and I and House of the Rising Sun. Judges were completely unfair to her after the Gaga song; Critiquing her while giving others a pass is downright criminal. The wife and I voted on all our phones for Haley. She's become our favorite, but for some reason the judges like to pick on her nearly every week.

My bottom three: James, Jacob, Scotty

The voters bottom three: Jacob, Lauren, Scotty

Going Home: Jacob

Side note: Both the mrs. and I have decided we won't watch next season if the judging has the same milquetoast quality about it.

The judges have clearly ruined this show. We DVR all the shows and fast forward through the judges. this has been a wierd season. In the beginning there looked like there was a ton of talent. Now, I can't see one person who has been on the show this year that will be a star. All truly mediocre entertainers.

I thought Steven Tyler would have a little bit more edge.

I thought J-LO would bring more perspective on the solo artist angle.

Randy is Randy. Not the best "Tough Guy"

I said all along that this show would miss Simon terribly. It definitely does. Someone needs to tell these contestants when the "Suck.........the life out of it".

The judges have clearly ruined this show. We DVR all the shows and fast forward through the judges. this has been a wierd season. In the beginning there looked like there was a ton of talent. Now, I can't see one person who has been on the show this year that will be a star. All truly mediocre entertainers.

Some of the best people IMO went out early.

Paul

Casey

Pia*

are all more entertaining than Scotty, Jacob and Lauren. Lauren's doing a little better, but she's been weak all season IMO. James is at least entertaining, even if he needs a bucket for his tunes.

*Okay...Pia wasn't that entertaining, but I never really noticed because I was too busy looking at her. :wacko::tup:

Top 3

Scotty

James

Lauren

Scotty will win it all because he has the votes of the teeny-boppers. They can text faster than most. Rules need to be changed in the future if it is to be a true American Idol winner.

Edited by borge007

Paul

Casey

Pia*

are all more entertaining than Scotty, Jacob and Lauren. Lauren's doing a little better, but she's been weak all season IMO. James is at least entertaining, even if he needs a bucket for his tunes.

*Okay...Pia wasn't that entertaining, but I never really noticed because I was too busy looking at her. :wacko::tup:

Amen to that...she is my 11 year olds first crush.

Just some general tidbits:

James - I agree that he totally butchered the 30 Seconds to Mars song. I think he spent too much time high-fiving the crowd and not enough time making sure he was in tune. All in all, though, I think he's pretty solid. If he can just refine things and keep it simple (while also being somewhat unique), he should have this.

Haley - Definitely the "most improved" and she needs to continue on that Adele angle and she may just be the dark horse winner.

Scotty - Liked him better last week after the horrible performance 2 weeks ago. He's got a perfect country voice but obviously his talents are narrow.

Lauren - If she were maybe a year or two older, I think she'd win. She's just too meek and has no idea how good her voice is.

Jacob - Dude has annoyed me since day one. I don't like anything he does. I hope he finally goes home.

Jacob goes home, then Scotty or Lauren, then whoever's left out of those two. James and Haley in the final. Whoever knocks it out of the park with something "different" will win.

As for the judges, I've gotten to the point where I fast forward past Steven Tyler. Everything is "beautiful" and the guy never, ever has any constructive criticism. J-Lo has been alright in the "Paula Abdul" role, and isn't always hopped up on drugs like Paula. Randy as the "bad guy" simply does not work. The show really, really misses Simon. The show won't last in its current format.

Edited by darin3

james - first song pretty good, but definitely pitch problems all over the place. second song, same thing. bad pitch problems. his voice is pretty weak at low volume and low pitch, but still, that voice of his is like a lamborghini when he opens the throttle.

lauren - both songs were VERY underwhelming for me. she is by far the worst singer left in the competition. she has a nice tone and nice inflection in the middle range, but when she goes higher or lower than that she is terrible. I am so, so sick of the judges telling her how great she is when she is in so far over her head.

jacob - the first song did kinda suck, and the second song was better, but he still seems a little lost at this point, despite being the best singer in this thing. definitely in danger of going home, though if there is any justice in the world he will be around at least one more week after a big-butt showdown in the bottom two with lauren tonight.

scotty - very impressed with scotty this week. he was clearly the best of the first round IMO. he is doing a great job at this point of striking the right balance of both doing "his thing", but also showing some versatility.

haley - she seriously gets better (and sexier) each week. the first song was really quite good IMO, I liked the song choice for her and she performed it well. the judges, of all the crap performances this season they whiffed on, pick THAT to put down?? and house of the rising sun, it was a little corny in parts, but there were moments of absolute brilliance from haley in that. the a capella intro she slayed like a f'n dragon. as an aside: why do people always give the animals credit for that song? I know for sure nina simone recorded it before bob dylan, who recorded it before the animals. and a bunch of old blues guys recorded it before that. and probably almost all of their versions were better than the animals. bah.

Jacob gone and that seemed like a no brainer to me. Now it gets hard. I don't like McCreepy at all but he is a vote getter. I seem to like James better than most of you guys but last night was far from a good night for him. I love Haley and if I could just pick her to win right now I would. Lauren is good but just not enough good. I think McCreepy is going to sneak into the end with either James or Haley but I would pick James and Haley with Haley being the winner.

Jacob gone and that seemed like a no brainer to me. Now it gets hard. I don't like McCreepy at all but he is a vote getter. I seem to like James better than most of you guys but last night was far from a good night for him. I love Haley and if I could just pick her to win right now I would. Lauren is good but just not enough good. I think McCreepy is going to sneak into the end with either James or Haley but I would pick James and Haley with Haley being the winner.

I have officially made The Huddle my source of finding out who goes home. It's painful to have to watch the Thursday edition of this show. :wacko:

Hard to imagine it will not be the Rocker vs the Cowboy in the finale but Haley is gaining traction.

Pretty much the way it's shaping up.

Wasn't it rajn who said, in reference to a cousin or something that got denied by initial screeners, who said they were definitely looking for a male country voice this year? :wacko: If McCreepy wins, I will call bullhonky.

Paul

Casey

Pia*

Paul? Really?

That dude was painful to watch or listen to. He probably would have been my very first one to go out of the final 12 (13 this year),but more likely he wouldn't have made it at all. He was awful in every way.