[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

As the others have said I just see it as Randy not giving out to everyone the way he should. It just feels like he goes after Haley and gives others passes for the same things.

I think James did okay with the Journey song but there just was no way to live up to Steven Perry in that song and he didn't change it up enough to show that he was not trying to be Steven Perry. If I was on that show there is no way I would do a song like that when I know exactly what I would be compared to. On the other hand he altered Love Potion enough to put his spin on it and take from my head whatever version I really liked.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am really starting to think that the judges, Randy mostly, know something about Haley that we don't see. Like maybe she is creep in person or something because he really goes out of his way to bash her on things that he lets others slide right by and even slide with praise. He is doing his very best to try to get her kicked out. IMHO.

Could be.

i don't really think that's the case. there has been so little critical feedback this season that when it's ever given, it seems so harsh and out of place. compared to what simon would throw down on a weekly basis, randy has been tame.

sure, but his criticism of haley last night seemed a little weird. it's not that he gave her some negative feedback, but the way he kept jumping back in, like he HAD to have the last word. it just seemed slightly personal and mean-spirited to me.

+1

I can't stand that guy. Scotty, Haley and Lauren all have better voices than he does. I don't care that he can hit the high notes, because he certainly can't sing the rest of them. I just wonder how far his tears and Adam Lambert's coattails will carry him.

Ya, James is just not a good singer.

I hope he gets the boot tonight.

sure, but his criticism of haley last night seemed a little weird. it's not that he gave her some negative feedback, but the way he kept jumping back in, like he HAD to have the last word. it just seemed slightly personal and mean-spirited to me.

She probably shot him down.

+1

I can't stand that guy. Scotty, Haley and Lauren all have better voices than he does. I don't care that he can hit the high notes, because he certainly can't sing the rest of them. I just wonder how far his tears and Adam Lambert's coattails will carry him.

I've been thinking the same thing. He's very similar to Lambert stylistically and for whatever reason the judges seem to think he'd be the most marketable. The favoritism shown to him, especially over Haley, is getting to be more and more obvious.

Lauren goes home. James wins the whole thing because of the teeny bopper vote. Scotty and Haley each release albums that outsell James' 5 to 1.

Really? Stephen Tyler video?

Why am I watching this crap Again?

Lady GaGa has been the only high point of this entire show, the Elton John of this era

:vomit:

Yeah I don't even watch the Thursday edition anymore. I used to DVR it and watch it later. Then I DVR'ed it and fast-forwarded through 75% of it. Now I don't even watch ... just come here for results. :wacko:

Both me and Mrs. DMD have turned into Haley fans in these last few weeks. I think she may have a shot if the Scotty fans get complacent.

James goes home. Scotty and Lauren have survived for weeks, because of the teeny bopper vote. Nobody in the final three will accomplish much of anything in the music business, and will be featured in a "Where are they now?" show within five years.

Fixed.

This show lost me a few weeks ago, when I realized that there was nobody in the final 7-8 that I had much interest in, at all. That's something that used to never be the case... I miss the good old days, with Daughtry, Underwood, and Beau Bice, among others. :wacko: This week, it's become official... I'm jumping ship to The Voice. Much better show, with far superior artists.

Seriously... Scotty isn't even all that talented, and I'm a huge country fan. He does OK, at best, trying to mimic certain artists, but others, he's totally brutal. Case in point, last night... He completely butchered Alan Jackson. Add in the strange baton-like moves that he does with the microphone, as well as the creepy eyebrow gestures, and he's borderline unwatchable.

As for the two chicks, they're both pretty young, so it's hard to say... They at least have SOME talent/potential, so who knows. I just don't think either one of them is all that impressive, in terms of somebody that I could see selling records or being a true entertainer. Wouldn't have been surprised to see either of them gone six weeks ago, and I'm actually very surprised that either of them are still around. At least James understands how to entertain a crowd, something I didn't see much of this season.

Hard to say how this will go now. Glad the voters saw through James' theatrics and voted on the talent.

The Steven Tyler video made me want to burn any trace of Aeorosmith from my music library. That was horrid.

Love me some Gaga though.

I was traveling last week, so, I just got now got a chance to watch. Here is where I would have ranked them this week, with where I'd have them overall in parenthesis.

1. James Durbin (1) - In my opinion, they sent the best overall performer home. I thought that "Love Potion #9" was the best song/performance of the night. It showed how he can make a song his own far more than any of the other contestants. It also showed how he puts his heart and soul into each performance. "Don't Stop Believing" wasn't great, but, it wasn't bad either. I didn't think he made that one his own as much though. I'm not sure what sent him home. Perhaps being the favorite early, perhaps a rocker can't win, or maybe others just don't share as high of an opinion of him as I do. That is what makes the show what it is, the majority of America decides their fate.

2. Lauren Alaina (4) - Her first song was my 2nd favorite of the night. I thought it was fantastic. I didn't think the 2nd song was as good, but, it did show that she is gaining confidence. She is beautiful, very likeable, and extremely talented. I still have her 4th overall, because she lacked confidence early, but, she is definitely creeping up on the competition, and I think has as good a chance as any of winning it all.

3. Haley Reinhart (2) - Her 2nd song was my 3rd favorite of the night. She showed a lot by coming back and nailing a song after the abuse she took on the first one. I agreed that her 1st song wasn't that great, but, it certainly didn't deserve the criticism to the level that Randy was giving it. I liked that she came back at him though, and I think Randy actually helped keep her safe. After the attacks and then coming back, I bet she ended up with the most votes this week.

4. Scotty McCreery (3) - His first song was great. I absolutely loved it. That is when Scotty is great, when he just sits down, lays off the theatrics and sings a good country song. His 2nd song was by far the worst of the night for me. When he goes into the theatrics, he is almost unwatchable to me.

I think it is very hard to call who is going to win this thing. I do think they sent home the most talented artist. I really hope that James catches on with someone and finds success, which I think he will.