[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kiawah Island / Charleston

The Irish Doggy

The in-laws just got hooked up with a free house on Kiawah Island, SC for a week. So, we're all headed there for the week before Memorial Day weekend.

Recommendations on what to do?

Relax and have fun. I would go into Charleston for a day, the downtown historic/shopping district. King Street is really all I can recall, as that is where our hotel was, but there is ton's of stuff around there as far as shopping and eats. Golf is really the only other main option.

Great golf there on the island. Any of the courses are nice. Pack your own beer though cuz they get you for about $5 each on the course.

There is plenty to do at Kiawah if you just want to spend a relaxing week biking, golfing, hanging at the beach and they even have some good restaurants there.

Charleston is a pretty good hike so if you are going to do a trip there I would make a day of it. Get there early in the morning and spend the day strolling through town with lunch and dinner at different restaurants.

Great golf there on the island. Any of the courses are nice. Pack your own beer though cuz they get you for about $5 each on the course.

If you can afford to play Kiawah, you can probably swing $5 beers. If you have kids and decide to spend a day in Charleston, book a ride on the Thriller Charleston. They'll love it! :wacko:

What is it you like to do? Fish, Golf, Shop, History, and etc.? I live in Mount Pleasant which is basically Charleston. Kiawah Island is a low key high end golf and beach Island which is about 45 minutes from downtown Charleston. Golf there is great but pricey. If you like to fish you are coming during some of the better deep sea fishing times. Lots of dolphin will be out for the taking which are great to grill up with a beer.