[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tell me about the....Hyundai Santa Fe

TimC

I know, right. I have a feeling the DMV will be sending a letter out shortly wondering how that got by the reviewers. :tup:

:wacko:

• 1 year later...

She got a DUI and wrapped it around a telephone pole last night. She's fine but the car is totaled. First my Firebird that she totaled years ago that I loved and now the Corvette I traded to get her the Hyundai is dust in the wind. Any insurance money she gets will go towards the lawyer and she'll back with a piece of crap car again. I can't help her anymore. Sucks big time.

I am kind of in the same boat. My 1997 Mitsubishi Mirage is on its last legs and needs about $900.00 in work to keep running. I don't want a car payment but $900.00 into a car worth $1,200 probably isn't a sound money move.

I've been looking at used cars for $8,000.00 and under. I've narrowed it down to a 2004 Honda Civic with 70,000 miles and a 2005 PT Cruiser with 46,000. I'm looking for reliability and economy. Despite the extra 24,000 miles, I am pretty much sold on the Civic (with a brand new timing belt). While the PT Cruiser has slightly better side impact rating for front seat passengers (3 vs. 4 stars) the rest of the safety ratings are the same for both vehicles - 4 stars. Just about everyone I know favors the Civic so if anyone around here knows any differently, stop me before it's too late.

I'm guessing the Santa Fe has 21,000 miles left at the very best. If she needs help, the gift of reliable transportation is hard to top. I'd agree with taz, sell the vette and get something else.

Do Not Buy A PT Cruiser for any reason!