[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opening day for MLB is a little more than a week away

buddahj

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not going, but likin my Brewers chances this year with some pitching help.

That is, until we trade Fielder to the Yankees . . .

Going to have to find another team, we already have a 1B better than Prince.

This will be the 8th or 9th year in a row I will be at the Phillies opener. Getting tougher and tougher to get tickets... April 1st, can't wait!

Awesome...I dont have tickets...like you said its extremely hard unless you want to overpay ALOT...but I did take off of work so I could watch since its a day game. Go Phils!

When my son gets a little older, I'm going to make going to Pirate's opening day a tradition.

For now, I'm going to start my normal ritual as a Pirates fan..........

Opening Day: :bow::yay:

May 2nd: :brew:

June 1st: :wacko:

July 1st: :brew:

Off-Season: :rofl::lol::tup::rofl:

Rinse-Repeat

Edited by Menudo

When my son gets a little older, I'm going to make going to Pirate's opening day a tradition.

Opening Day: :bow::yay:

May 2nd: :brew:

June 1st: :wacko:

July 1st: :brew:

Off-Season: :rofl::lol::tup::rofl:

Rinse-Repeat

I think this is the year you going to have to forego that tradition and probably for the next few years too.

not saying they are winning a title or anything, but much better than usual.

Edited by SLAYER

Opening Day: :rofl::yay:

April 10th: :bow:

April 12th: :brew:

Off-Season: :lol::tup::wacko::rofl:

Rinse-Repeat

Edited for the Royals.

I think this is the year you going to have to forego that tradition and probably for the next few years too.

not saying they are winning a title or anything, but much better than usual.

I think that their offense is coming along and will continue to improve. Their defense will improve, with Overbay & Tabata starting the season. I also think their bullpen is decent. Starting pitching is the big concern. James McDonald is the only guy in their rotation with good enough stuff to start on a contending major league team. Correia, Maholm, Ohlendorf & Morton haven't shown themselves to be consistent enough to be solid major league starting pitchers. I think their is talent there, but, they haven't put it together yet.

I am excited about seeing this young offense. McCutchen has proven that he is the real deal. He should continue to improve. Alvarez showed me enough last year that he is going to be a solid power threat for years to come. Walker has pop for a 2nd baseman, and I like his prospects. Tabata is a very good young player. Snyder is a solid hitting catcher. Overbay should at least provide some pop and RBI's. Jones/Diaz should be a solid platoon in right, considering how well Diaz has hit left-handed pitching. The offensive weakness is Cedeno, but, overall, I'm anxious to watch this offense.

It will be hard for them not to improve on last year's record, and I think Clint Hurdle is the kind of manager they need. He is a loud, in-your face, motivating type of manager, which is the exact opposite of what Russell was.

I've decided to start the tradition this year. My son & I will be attending the Pirates home opener on Thursday. :wacko:

3+ hour drive & a baseball game with my 4 year-old son.......I might regret starting this tradition this early. :unsure. Oh well, I'm going to give it a shot.

I've decided to start the tradition this year. My son & I will be attending the Pirates home opener on Thursday. :tup:

3+ hour drive & a baseball game with my 4 year-old son.......I might regret starting this tradition this early. :unsure. Oh well, I'm going to give it a shot.

:wacko:

3 hrs each way? get a room and stay.

Enjoy everyone!

play ball!

As the Twins typically will end up opening on the road due to the outdoor stadium now, the season opener is gonna be on TV for us. However, last year the Twins opened in LA. With an infant, you're typically up every couple hours in the first few weeks for feedings, etc., so it happened that as one of those occurred, I was able to watch the season opener of the Twins with my new boy, sitting on the couch, he drinking from his bottle, and me.....................well, feeding him his bottle. Mom was sleeping, so it was pretty cool just the two of us. Not sure if I can pull that off this year as we're heading out of town this weekend.