[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opening day for MLB is a little more than a week away

buddahj

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers win with small ball tonight, after blasting the long ball in the 1st 4 games of the season.

Tomorrow is a huge challenge facing King Felix for another sweep.

BTW, Pineda for Seattle is going to be a beast. Ogando for Texas looks impressive as well.

Lets go Rangers....

Edited by Brent

Jim Tracy should be fired for tonight's game. Bottom 14 3-3 the Pirates last pitcher has already pitched 3 innings & is on deck with 2 outs & a runner on 1st. Instead of walking Tabata (who already had a home run) to face a relief pitcher who has about a 99% chance of getting out he pitches to Tabata who hits a game winning double. That's just bad coaching.

Jim Tracy should be fired for tonight's game. Bottom 14 3-3 the Pirates last pitcher has already pitched 3 innings & is on deck with 2 outs & a runner on 1st. Instead of walking Tabata (who already had a home run) to face a relief pitcher who has about a 99% chance of getting out he pitches to Tabata who hits a game winning double. That's just bad coaching.

Who knows if it actually worked, but, I love Clint Hurdle. Pitcher Garrett Olson was on deck, and McCutchen was due up after Olson. Hurdle had McCutchen stand in the on-deck circle as if he were up next. I doubt that Tracy fell for it, but, I like the effort.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11099/1138258-63.stm

At the time, due to an earlier double-switch, Olson --- the pitcher --- was the player due up after Tabata. Olson has six at-bats in his career and hasn't batted since 2009.

He has one hit in his career --- a single in 2008.

Nonetheless, Colorado manager Jim Tracy elected to pitch to Tabata, as opposed to walking him to put Tabata on first and Rodriguez on second with two outs.

And, get this: Hurdle commanded Andrew McCutchen, due up after Olson, to the on-deck circle as Tabata batted.

Asked if the move was a decoy to get the Rockies to think McCutchen was up next ... "No, come on, why would we do that," Hurdle said with a sly chuckle.

Yep April 8th same seats as last year just douuble the price :lol: Cards coming to town this will be my 14th opening day in a row :rofl: !!

Let's Go Giants!! :wacko:

Of course this will be my first Opening day that I get to see the Giants as World Champs!! Pinch Me :brew:

Well I wake up this morning once again after an opening day game Hungover, No Voice, Wallet empty, And not a regret in the world!!! Another great Opening Day game of 12 innings of ball!! After losing the lead in the ninth came back with 2 outs in the bottom and tied it up. Then the teams proceeded to have 3 torture filled innings in which both teams had plenty of chances to go ahead or win! But inevitably in the bottom of the 12th bases chucked with 2 down( the same guy who broke the 4-4 tie in last years opening day 13 inning game) Aaaron Rowand stepped to the plate after an intentional walk to Freddy Sanchez to get to him! And he scorched a gapper to left center with Rasmus and Craig converging on it but could not get to it and it drilled the base of the wall for a 12th inning walk off see ya later go home!! :rofl::bow: Oh what a great Bday again It's like christmas for me every year on opening day good friends good times and one helluva show by the Giants year in and year out!! And one last parting shot to all those so called fans that walked out after the top of the 9th lead change to beat the rush... :brew: Ha Ha hope you had a great time finding out you missed 3 more great innings and an epic comeback when you got home.... fair weather fans gotta love em... And as it went last opening day so it went this year a comeback bottom of the ninth for the tie and a late extra inning win :yay: And I could go on and on about all the great new decorations and ceremonies at the stadium for the Champs :brew: but I'll leave those memories and moments just for those who have been to the stadium or who may go....It's awesome Enjoy!!

Let's Go Giants!! :tup: