[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cops pepper spray unruly 8 yr old

buddahj

:wacko:

After hitting him with the second squirt, officers took Aidan outside for some fresh air to help dissipate the spray. Paramedics were treating his red, irritated face with cool water when his mother arrived.

According to the report, Mandy Elliott asked her son what he did.

When he told her he had been hit with pepper spray, she is quoted as saying, "Well, you probably deserved it."

Wow, harsh mom.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, harsh mom.

Or perhaps a mom who doesn't coddle her kid or always take her "little angel's" side like the swarms of so many other mindless so-called parents these days (repeat: perhaps - gotta wonder given the tantrum). There are about a zillion little brats like this running around who could use a good fn squirt of pepper spray from time to time. Course I prefer they are simply disciplined in a more traditional way, but again many parents are far too stupid/lazy/whatever to do so........so I say go w/what works :tup:

Edited by BeeR

What in the heck is wrong with this kid? Why is he even at a public school? He's 8? What is he going to be like when he is 18?

He had just thrown a TV and chairs and was now trying to use a cart to bust through a door to an office where teachers had taken some young students for safety.

They called the police.

The officers found him with a foot-long piece of wood trim with a knife-like point in one hand and a cardboard box in the other.

"Come get me, f-----," he said.

When they couldn't calm him down, one squirted Aidan with pepper spray. He blocked it with the cardboard box...

...It wasn't the first time officers had been called to pacify Aidan, Davis said. They'd been able to talk him down in two other incidents.

What in the heck is wrong with this kid?

Not to defend the little monster in the least but WTPH is wrong with the SCHOOL? They let an EIGHT yr old terrorize them? Jack that little POFS up already.

Oh I forgot, can't do that anymore or the parents will end up rich from the lawsuit :wacko:

These truly are the crazy years.

In an article I read in another news outlet the little bastard was taking the pointy stick, chasing the teachers around telling them 'I'm going to kill you fu(kers."

In the other article his mom was quoted as saying that he is a good kid and doesn't have these behavioral problems anywhere else but at school...

I'm guessing the mom is single.

Kid probably has an IEP and a school advocate that makes him super hard for the school to control. I have seen it a million times over. It is a perfect example of what is wrong with our schools.

Hold up, that is not what is wrong with our schools. That is what is wrong with us. How is it the school's fault that this effing maniac is like this?

Parents expect the schools to teach and babysit their kids but can't be bothered to pick up the slack on their time. Then, society hamstrings everything they can do to either correct the kid or, at very least, separate him from the normal kids and give him whatever attention he needs to get it straight. Then, when he flips out, it's the school's fault.

Funny, all the rest of the kids who they had to protect from this kid are products of the same school.

It's a self-perpetuating cycle. (Some/enough) parents do a crappy job of raising their kids. They turn into punks. Those punks drag down the schools because the teachers don't have the time or resources to run a jail and a math class at the same time. Then results plummet and we start cutting funding to schools because, obviously, they're not worth a crap based on the lousy test scores.

Imagine how effective schools could be if they simply had to teach kids about math and science and history and things like that. Not be defacto parent.

Take this useless mom. Ooh, tough words, "I bet you deserved it" How 'bout this? How 'bout we lock your sorry ass up for polluting our planet with spawn you have no effing control over and send your kid to military school where someone can beat some sense into him. Because you're freaking job is not to just get pissed when little Johnny freaks out in class. Your job is to raise your effing child. To kick his little ass when he needs it and love him and raise him all the while.

Memo to the idiots. YOU DON"T HAVE TO HAVE KIDS! It is entirely optional. If you don't believe in abortion, than do a better job with contraception. If you're too stupid to handle that, there's always adoption. If you have no control over your life, your child will suffer. TIA.

Yeah, I see this as more of a parental issue than a school issue. With one exception, if the teachers were allowed to jack that kid up, he may not be running willy-nilly around like some psychopathic moron. I'm starting to think that the cops should have just popped him with the .40 and saved us some future problems when this kid is big enough to do some damage.

The mom should be spayed and the kid should be sent far away to some place that can handle children with behavioral issues.

Yeah, I see this as more of a parental issue than a school issue. With one exception, if the teachers were allowed to jack that kid up, he may not be running willy-nilly around like some psychopathic moron. I'm starting to think that the cops should have just popped him with the .40 and saved us some future problems when this kid is big enough to do some damage.

The mom should be spayed and the kid should be sent far away to some place that can handle children with behavioral issues.

Well, certainly, if parents are going to expect teachers to raise their kids, then they should be allowed to discipline them.

And, yes, just spay the woman. Jail was a bit extreme.

Edited by detlef

I'm guessing the mom is single.

My first thougt too. This kid needs a Dad to lay down the law. In the absence of a good Dad, it sounds like a healthy supply of pepper spray is indeed the way to go. If I were the parent of the other kids in that school, I would make it real clear that either that kid goes, or my kid goes. Their choice.

Take this useless mom. Ooh, tough words, "I bet you deserved it" How 'bout this? How 'bout we lock your sorry ass up for polluting our planet with spawn you have no effing control over and send your kid to military school where someone can beat some sense into him. Because you're freaking job is not to just get pissed when little Johnny freaks out in class. Your job is to raise your effing child. To kick his little ass when he needs it and love him and raise him all the while.

My first thougt too. This kid needs a Dad to lay down the law. In the absence of a good Dad, it sounds like a healthy supply of pepper spray is indeed the way to go. If I were the parent of the other kids in that school, I would make it real clear that either that kid goes, or my kid goes. Their choice.

Certainly that wouldn't hurt, but I also think that can be a cop-out and also self-perpetuating. I used to date a girl who's father died when she and her brother were really young. I got to know her entire family pretty well and her mom really seemed to have her act together. They were also not hurting for money. Not loaded, but the kids got what they needed.

At any rate, my girlfriend's brother was in HS at the time. It was just him and him mom and she always seemed to be spending time with him, taking him to practice. You know, the whole quality time thing. Also, she seemed like a pretty no-nonsense woman. She and I would get into debates about stuff and she seemed pretty cool.

At any rate, that was about the time when Boyz in the Hood came out and they made a really big deal about how a boy needs a dad. I'd never heard nearly as much of that as I started to hear then. It's like, all of a sudden, that was some major thing that was happening to our boys. And it's like something snapped in this kid. He turned into a total cufk-up. And he kept on saying how pissed he was that he didn't have a dad. It just happened out of the blue and his mom deserved better.

I was from a broken home and, while I saw my dad reasonably often, I was basically raised by my mom. It really pissed me off to see him start acting this way and I sat him down once and tried to talk to him about it. Telling him that he owed it to his mom to not be such a little prick. That he could either use the fact that hid dad died young as a reason to be an effing loser or he could simply not be a loser. I started spending a bit of time with him but it's not like I was a father figure, I was like 5 years older than him.

None the less, I do think that it literally got into his head that he was supposed to be screwed up because he kept hearing over and over what a problem it is.

Edited by detlef

I did not mean that it was the "schools fault" but rather it is a problem with our public schools that this can happen based on the loopholes. In my day of school I am almost 100% certain that I would have been expelled from that school. Who the hell wants to send their kid to school with a kid like that? There has to be a reasonable way that schools can get this sort of kid out of the general population and the big problem is that kids like this end up with a school advocate and an IEP that takes all rights away from the school. Not the schools fault. It is the fault of the system letting it get to this.

several things wrong here.

I've seen plenty of f'd up kids where dad was in the home. Plenty.

And does anyone really believe that spraying pepper spray into a kid's face is going to effect positive change in this kid's behavior? Really?

Clearly, something is really wrong with kid. Clearly he needs some pretty intensive behavioral/mental health treatment. Clearly, his mother needs to be an integral part of this treatment. But I'm going to have to disagree that pepper spray "is the way to go" in improving this kid's behavior.

I wonder what this kid's home life has been like. I wonder if there are abuse issues. I wonder a lot of things that may explain (not excuse) this kid's behavior. We'd all like to see this situation simplistically with black and white solutions but sadly, it never works out that way.

several things wrong here.

I've seen plenty of f'd up kids where dad was in the home. Plenty.

And does anyone really believe that spraying pepper spray into a kid's face is going to effect positive change in this kid's behavior? Really?

Clearly, something is really wrong with kid. Clearly he needs some pretty intensive behavioral/mental health treatment. Clearly, his mother needs to be an integral part of this treatment. But I'm going to have to disagree that pepper spray "is the way to go" in improving this kid's behavior.

I wonder what this kid's home life has been like. I wonder if there are abuse issues. I wonder a lot of things that may explain (not excuse) this kid's behavior. We'd all like to see this situation simplistically with black and white solutions but sadly, it never works out that way.

They weren't pepper spraying him to change his behavior. They were pepper spraying him to get the pointy stick with which they were being threatened out of his hand. After you get the sharp object out of the criminal's hand, then you can try to rationalize with the little sh!t.

Let me tell you a quick and real story. When my daughter was in kindergarten there was a girl in a separate kindergarten that was a beast. Every single day I heard stories about this girl and not just from my kid. I dismissed it as the view of a 5 year old. Then one day I was at the school and I heard a kindergarten girl going nuts. Screaming profanity at the teacher that would make a truck driver blush. She picked up a little tykes chair and threw it at a kid in the back then picked up an empty milk crate and threw that at the teacher. Ran out the door and pulled a fire alarm. That was the end of what I heard and saw that day. Now story after story kept coming home about this girl. A week or so later they were switching this girl from the bus that she rode, (she attacked someone on the bus), and moving her to my daughters. Well, to the school I went and demanded that it is either my kid or that kid and I also know of at least three parents that are saying the same thing.

I was told how much they will hate to see my daughter leave and then they explained how big a case they have to build based on this girls advocate and her IEP. They were not even allowed to suspend this girl and could not move her off a bus with other kids until there was at least one more severe incident on the bus. When I asked the Principal, (who I knew), how long it was going to take to get rid of this girl, I was told that it probably won't happen in this school year. I did move my daughter out of a great school to her home school for the rest of kindergarten and half of first grade. Middle of first grade was when they were able to get rid of Rochell. It took over a year.

They weren't pepper spraying him to change his behavior. They were pepper spraying him to get the pointy stick with which they were being threatened out of his hand. After you get the sharp object out of the criminal's hand, then you can try to rationalize with the little sh!t.

I was responding to Savage who wrote:

This kid needs a Dad to lay down the law. In the absence of a good Dad, it sounds like a healthy supply of pepper spray is indeed the way to go.

I interpreted this to mean that since this child does not have a 'good Dad', a 'healthy supply of pepper spray' is a viable method of effecting behavior change.