[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cops pepper spray unruly 8 yr old

buddahj

I was responding to Savage who wrote:

I interpreted this to mean that since this child does not have a 'good Dad', a 'healthy supply of pepper spray' is a viable method of effecting behavior change.

Point taken. I prefer post-birth-abortions, but, hey, I'm a little harsh.

I've seen corporal punishment go both ways. I was the type of kid where a whack across the chops or on the ass got my attention and modified my behavior a lot better than did trying to rationalize and discuss my actions (I am a simple person.) But realize that such actions are not suited for every child and that at a point these whacks do become abuse and have the entirely opposite result from what is desired. Certain children react to a talking to, revocation of activities/toys, or other actions better than they do to a swat on the butt, bottom line is the parent needs to understand which method works best on their child and apply it when necessary.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was responding to Savage who wrote:

I interpreted this to mean that since this child does not have a 'good Dad', a 'healthy supply of pepper spray' is a viable method of effecting behavior change.

Jees Unta... the healthy supply of pepper spray comment was really in jest. Don't get so riled up over what should have been an abvious throw away comment. But to clarify, no I didn't mean for pepper spray to be used as way to change the kid's behavior.

But in all seriousness, I don't have a problem with cops coming to pepper spray another kid that might be threatening the life of my own kid. At that point I don't care if his behavior changes or not, and I don't care what the cause is. I only care that the other kids (including my own) are properly protected during the course of a regular school day.

They had paddles when I went to school, need to bring them back, ten whacks

on that little kids azz every time he opens his mouth will get him acting like a

little angle by the end of the week.

I think you are wrong. Of course, I see kids who are locked up for 6-12 months a detention facility continue to get in trouble on a regular basis. If the kid's behaviors are as described, there is something seriously wrong with him. This is not your run-of-the-mill misbehaving kid. Again, I'm not excusing his behavior nor underestimating the impact it has on the functioning of the school.

I think you are wrong. Of course, I see kids who are locked up for 6-12 months a detention facility continue to get in trouble on a regular basis. If the kid's behaviors are as described, there is something seriously wrong with him. This is not your run-of-the-mill misbehaving kid. Again, I'm not excusing his behavior nor underestimating the impact it has on the functioning of the school.

He's a little doooshbag that has no regard for authority because his Mom is a POS and didn't even come close to raising him properly or giving a flying f*ck about him his entire life.

Sure, you use bigger and fancier words and skirt the topic, but would you agree or disagree with the basis of my statement?

He's a little doooshbag that has no regard for authority because his Mom is a POS and didn't even come close to raising him properly or giving a flying f*ck about him his entire life.

Sure, you use bigger and fancier words and skirt the topic, but would you agree or disagree with the basis of my statement?

I would not call him a dooooshbag and I don't know much about his mother. However, I believe it highly probable that mom is largely responsible for this kid's behaviors. I wonder what a clinical interview/psych eval would reveal about this mother.

I have a question:

When a woman goes from one abusive relationship to another abusive relationship to another abusive relationship, is she, on some level, getting what she deserves because she so obviously is choosing to become involved with?

When an adolescent secretly cuts on him/herself, on a regular basis, do you think that adolescent is pretty much an azzzhole?

Is everyone who has a drug/alcohol problem a weak excuse for humanity?

I'm not skirting the topic. I assert that the topic is not a simplistic black and white issue that you can neatly pigeon hole into your myopic reality. I work with these "doooooshbags" every day and again, while I don't excuse their behaviors, I know that there is more going on than what you read in a newspaper article. Much more.

[and I only use bigger words than you because I am so much smarter than you.]

I would not call him a dooooshbag and I don't know much about his mother. However, I believe it highly probable that mom is largely responsible for this kid's behaviors. I wonder what a clinical interview/psych eval would reveal about this mother.

I have a question:

When a woman goes from one abusive relationship to another abusive relationship to another abusive relationship, is she, on some level, getting what she deserves because she so obviously is choosing to become involved with?

When an adolescent secretly cuts on him/herself, on a regular basis, do you think that adolescent is pretty much an azzzhole?

I'm not skirting the topic. I assert that the topic is not a simplistic black and white issue that you can neatly pigeon hole into your myopic reality. I work with these "doooooshbags" every day and again, while I don't excuse their behaviors, I know that there is more going on than what you read in a newspaper article. Much more.

[and I only use bigger words than you because I am so much smarter than you.]

Then put the kid in mental hospital. He has no right too take away classroom time from teachers and other students

with this behavior. If the schools are handcuffed on discipline, they need to remedy the problem by expulsion.

It is not only not fair to the teachers and other students, but physically dangerous.

Hold up, that is not what is wrong with our schools. That is what is wrong with us. How is it the school's fault that this effing maniac is like this?

Parents expect the schools to teach and babysit their kids but can't be bothered to pick up the slack on their time. Then, society hamstrings everything they can do to either correct the kid or, at very least, separate him from the normal kids and give him whatever attention he needs to get it straight. Then, when he flips out, it's the school's fault.

Funny, all the rest of the kids who they had to protect from this kid are products of the same school.

It's a self-perpetuating cycle. (Some/enough) parents do a crappy job of raising their kids. They turn into punks. Those punks drag down the schools because the teachers don't have the time or resources to run a jail and a math class at the same time. Then results plummet and we start cutting funding to schools because, obviously, they're not worth a crap based on the lousy test scores.

Imagine how effective schools could be if they simply had to teach kids about math and science and history and things like that. Not be defacto parent.

Take this useless mom. Ooh, tough words, "I bet you deserved it" How 'bout this? How 'bout we lock your sorry ass up for polluting our planet with spawn you have no effing control over and send your kid to military school where someone can beat some sense into him. Because you're freaking job is not to just get pissed when little Johnny freaks out in class. Your job is to raise your effing child. To kick his little ass when he needs it and love him and raise him all the while.

Memo to the idiots. YOU DON"T HAVE TO HAVE KIDS! It is entirely optional. If you don't believe in abortion, than do a better job with contraception. If you're too stupid to handle that, there's always adoption. If you have no control over your life, your child will suffer. TIA.

This. :wacko:

Then put the kid in mental hospital. He has no right too take away classroom time from teachers and other students

with this behavior. If the schools are handcuffed on discipline, they need to remedy the problem by expulsion.

It is not only not fair to the teachers and other students, but physically dangerous.

And this. :tup:

How fun to be on the same page as a foaming righty. :lol:

On some level, yes. And all the abusive men should be hung by their testicles.

No.

Not sure if I'd go that far, but I think they have a weakness and lack of will power on some level. And part of that also may come from the way they were raised. So I don't think you can blame them entirely, at least not in all cases.

[and I only use bigger words than you because I think I am so much smarter than you.]

Fixed for accuracy.

so it appears that you will allow some gray into your view of others.

How come an adolescent who secretly cuts himself/herself isn't an azzhole?

How is substance abuse explained by how a person is raised?

How come, by and large, when I ask women who are consistently in abusive relationships how they end up with such losers all the time they typically don't know?

How come these people aren't all doooshbags while an 8-yr-old who is clearly out of a control is a dooooshbag? Or is it that in these examples, all of the individuals are doooshbags?

Edited by untateve

How come an adolescent who secretly cuts himself/herself isn't an azzhole?

Because the adolescent is hurting himself to cope with pyschological issues most likely caused by his/her surroundings.

How is substance abuse explained by how a person is raised?

Again, if a person is not raised in a positive environment and instead is surrounded by or exposed to substance abuse I would think they would be more likely to engage in such behavior. Do you disagree?

How come, by and large, when I ask women who are consistently in abusive relationships how they end up with such losers all the time they typically don't know?

If they knew the answer they probably wouldn't end up in multiple abusive relationships.

How come these people aren't all doooshbags while an 8-yr-old who is clearly out of a control is a dooooshbag? Or is it that in these examples, all of the individuals are doooshbags?

I've not only answered your doooshbag definition questions but also given you the reasons I believe they're doooshbags. Yes?

Because the adolescent is hurting himself to cope with pyschological issues most likely caused by his/her surroundings.

Again, if a person is not raised in a positive environment and instead is surrounded by or exposed to substance abuse I would think they would be more likely to engage in such behavior. Do you disagree?

I've not only answered your doooshbag definition questions but also given you the reasons I believe they're doooshbags. Yes?

So, the adolescent is hurting himself to cope with psychological issues most likely caused by his/her surroundings and the substance abuser was not raised in a positive environment--therefore they are not dooooshbags. The 8-yr-old, manifesting significant and severe behavioral problems, most likely a manifestation of underlying serious emotional problems is a doooooshbag. And I'm skirting the issue.

So, the adolescent is hurting himself to cope with psychological issues most likely caused by his/her surroundings and the substance abuser was not raised in a positive environment--therefore they are not dooooshbags. The 8-yr-old, manifesting significant and severe behavioral problems, most likely a manifestation of underlying serious emotional problems is a doooooshbag. And I'm skirting the issue.

Why don't you two go grab a couch...

I called the 8 year old a doooshbag, because he is acting like a doooshbag. I never blamed him for becoming the doooshbag, I made that quite clear in one of my posts:

Additionally, the child hurting himself also has [iwannabecoollikeuntateve]manifested[/iwannabecoollikeuntateve] emotional problems, but most likely on a different level, same goes for the substance abuser. And I believe that all of these manifestations are at least partially a result of their upbringing and surroundings.

Can I just call you a dooooshbag? That type of interaction comes much more naturally to me. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

I called the 8 year old a doooshbag, because he is acting like a doooshbag. I never blamed him for becoming the doooshbag, I made that quite clear in one of my posts:

Additionally, the child hurting himself also has [iwannabecoollikeuntateve]manifested[/iwannabecoollikeuntateve] emotional problems, but most likely on a different level, same goes for the substance abuser. And I believe that all of these manifestations are at least partially a result of their upbringing and surroundings.

Can I just call you a dooooshbag? That type of interaction comes much more naturally to me. :wacko:

I may be a dooooshbag. Everyone is doooooshbag to someone. I just didn't think that the kid was a dooooshbag and I don't necessarily think the mother is a POS.

Again, it would be nice if these issues were black and white, but in my experience, they almost never are.

Putting the kid in a mental hospital isn't always a viable option. As someone who teaches students with emotional impairments and behavior disorders on a daily basis, I can tell you that more and more of services of this type are going away. Based on what I've read from this incident, the kid has an IEP which means even with expulsion the schools are required to provide special education services. Schools are required to give a free and appropriate education to all students. The trick is how to do it when you have a student capable of performing academically and behaviorally who is in the same class as a student like this.

Edited by Egret

Putting the kid in a mental hospital isn't always a viable option. As someone who teaches students with emotional impairments and behavior disorders on a daily basis, I can tell you that more and more of services of this type are going away. Based on what I've read from this incident, the kid has an IEP which means even with expulsion the schools are required to provide special education services. Schools are required to give a free and appropriate education to all students. The trick is how to do it when you have a student capable of performing academically and behaviorally who is in the same class as a student like this.

Not sure about Michigan law, but around here, once a kid threatens bodily harm on either teachers,admin, or

other students, the right to a free education goes out the door.

Putting the kid in a mental hospital isn't always a viable option. As someone who teaches students with emotional impairments and behavior disorders on a daily basis, I can tell you that more and more of services of this type are going away.

I had typed something similar when I noted it was viable option but then decided that this was a different conversation and deleted it. Here in Florida, if a child is in Dept of Children and Families custody (i.e., removed from parental care), they can get into a residential psychiatric setting or if the family has much $$.