[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What? No Masters Thread?

Scooby's Hubby

Anyone rooting on Tiger? Most last year were wanting to see him fail, but with all these European players taking jabs at him and ready to claim the Masters for themselves, I find myself rooting on him to pair up with a Euro player for Sunday and hope he wins. Or, at least Phil. It would be good to see Tiger beat a Euro and would love to hear the post press conference on that one.

Please share your thoughts on your favorite to win the Masters and if you are rooting on Tiger.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally, I would say never bet against Tiger. Even when his driver is off, his putting and short game keeps him in the hunt. But, right now, I have to say that there is ZERO chance that he wins the Masters. He hasn't even been playing competitive golf this year. I may eat my words, but if I were a betting man, I would put big money against it.

Put it this way... The bet always used to be whether somebody would take Tiger or the field. I was burned by him a few times... took the field, and he proved me wrong, even when he supposedly wasn't playing that well. I learned my lesson... Never bet against the guy if there is ANY chance he might win. This is different. He hasn't played well in over a year, basically. If I had to pick ten guys who might win, he wouldn't even be on the list, or anywhere close.

In my fantasy golf league (we pick six guys each week), I took:

Mickelson

Watney

Casey

Rose

Mahan

Baddeley

Should be a fun weekend. Of my picks, I like the chances of the top three the best. :wacko:

I'm always rooting for Phil.

The fact he was able to shoot 2 under yesterday while hitting only 4 fairways should scare everyone. If he gets control of his driver this weekend and is able to fire at the flags from the fairway, he could get his 4th green jacket.

I'm always rooting for Phil.

The fact he was able to shoot 2 under yesterday while hitting only 4 fairways should scare everyone. If he gets control of his driver this weekend and is able to fire at the flags from the fairway, he could get his 4th green jacket.

This is Phil's tournament to lose, if he straightens it out off the tee. If he stays a bit wild, it will get interesting. I think he'll be near the top of the leaderboard, either way... I just think there is a chance he runs away with it if he's got his A-game going, all around. It's usually like Phil to make it interesting, though.

The funny thing about the Euro's is that the guy who has been the most vocal about Tiger lately (Poulter) hasn't done jack himself, in quite a while. Not sure what he's done overseas, but the last time he was actually in the conversation, on American soil, was probably LAST year's match play event in March.

Let's see what McElroy will do with Tiger snugged up to him on the leaderboard. Now, we have got us a tourney. :lol::wacko:

Should be a great weekend of golf!! :tup:

Today, I play in our club's "Mini-Masters" tourney. Two man teams, handicapped, with 4 scores. Each team gets a Gross and Net score - PLUS - each team picks a player in the field and get his saturday score - PLUS - each team has a Blind Draw player from saturday's round. 4 scores total.

I am gonna narrow down our choice to either Tiger, McElroy, or Geof Ogilivie, and let my partner pick from those 3. Although, Tiger will be bombing it again, I think I prefer Geoff Ogilvie who has gone 69, 69. Although, with Phil desperate to make a charge, he could be a good pick. :wacko:

Let's see what McElroy will do with Tiger snugged up to him on the leaderboard. Now, we have got us a tourney. :rofl::wacko:

+ :tup: Go get em Tiger show em what you can do! You're still Grrrreat :rofl: Honestly hope he shuts those Euros mouths tomorrow... We'll see if he can put together 2 days in a row! Here's to hoping :lol:

Friday was the most fun I've had watching sports in quite some time! That was fun!! Today can be even better! Rory, Freddy and Tiger all up near the top! This could be an epic golf tournament.

I've got to root for Tiger. I walked into the office this morning and I have double the amount of orders that I usually walk into on a Saturday. If Tiger wins, I get paid.

I'm not rooting for Tiger as a person, but I love the theatre when he's playing well. It's just so much better TV. If Rory and Tiger get to play a duel on Sunday, it could be something we'll remember for a long, long time.

OK, what the hell was up with that kid Rickie Fowler's get up yesterday? I'm rooting against him on those grounds alone. Come to the Masters dressed like that, I hope you lose. It's really that simple. Seriously, lose the freaking hat.

ETA: So far, so bad for Rickie Bieber, collapsing thus far on moving day. That's what you get for dressing like a d-bag.

Edited by detlef

OK, what the hell was up with that kid Rickie Fowler's get up yesterday? I'm rooting against him on those grounds alone. Come to the Masters dressed like that, I hope you lose. It's really that simple. Seriously, lose the freaking hat.

ETA: So far, so bad for Rickie Bieber, collapsing thus far on moving day. That's what you get for dressing like a d-bag.

Personally, I like the guys that dress to their own drummer. It's one of the reasons I loved Payne Stewart. Heck, nothing could be worse than what Luke Donald wore today. Green and Pink, really? :wacko:

Personally, I like the guys that dress to their own drummer. It's one of the reasons I loved Payne Stewart. Heck, nothing could be worse than what Luke Donald wore today. Green and Pink, really? :wacko:

Didn't catch the coverage today and I'm not saying that everyone needs to dress alike. Hell, I don't even have a huge issue with some of the get-ups Parnevik wears. He dresses crazy but not like he's on the cover of Teen Beat. My issue was with the stupid white-boy hip-hop hat he was rocking. Looked like a fool. Apparently he was admonished for wearing his hat backwards on Thursday. :tup:

This is the Masters. It's like Wimbeldon. You wanna dress like Justin Beiber in the Phoenix Open? Knock yourself out. I just think you owe it to the occasion to step up your game in this regard.

There are plenty of ways you can dress to stand out a bit and not look like an idiot.

Rory folded like a cheap suit. A triple and a double on the first three holes of the back nine. And the hook into the creek on 13. Wow.

I feel for the kid, and I'm not surprised. This is in fact one of those potential finishes that will be one for the ages. Anyone of 7 players can win.