[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 NHL Playoff Thread

Menudo

Fleury saved the Pens in the 1st period against the Lightning. They were thoroughly out-played, but, thanks to Flower, it is 0-0. A lot of great 1st round match-ups in........should be fun. :wacko:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackhawks :wacko:

I didn't see the game. Was it a case of a young goalie (Crawford) being overwhelmed, or did the Hawks just kind of play poorly in general. They lost a lot of talent in the offseason, and I think they don't have the grinders they had a year ago, which are really important during the playoffs.

I like that the Wings are sort of flying under the radar this year (as much as a Wings team can). Expectations don't seem to be winning the cup given the Canucks outstanding year and the Red Wings struggles at home. Coyotes took us to 7 games last year. I think the Wings close them out in 6 this go around. Although we need Zetterberg back soon (he'll be out again tomorrow).

I didn't see the game. Was it a case of a young goalie (Crawford) being overwhelmed, or did the Hawks just kind of play poorly in general. They lost a lot of talent in the offseason, and I think they don't have the grinders they had a year ago, which are really important during the playoffs.

Out hustled, out hit, and out skilled in all areas. Both games.

The Hawks are getting hammered every single time they go for a puck on the boards. It's like men vs. boys out there.

Nice win for the Pens last night, but, if the special teams continue to struggle, I don't know that we can win this series, let alone other series in these playoffs. The Pens are dominating the 5 on 5 game, but, the power play looks awful, and the PK, which was the best in the league this year, is struggling big time. Also, I think that Kunitz is going to get suspended for his elbow last night. With Cooke already out for being stupid, losing Kunitz is going to hurt. Also, I'm worried that Stamkos is going to eventually get it going for Tampa. However, Neal can't find a goal either, so, maybe he will get it going as well. So, I'm happy to be up 2-1, but, I'm worried about the series moving forward.

I like that the Wings are sort of flying under the radar this year (as much as a Wings team can). Expectations don't seem to be winning the cup given the Canucks outstanding year and the Red Wings struggles at home. Coyotes took us to 7 games last year. I think the Wings close them out in 6 this go around. Although we need Zetterberg back soon (he'll be out again tomorrow).

+1. Its a nice change of pace to not have everyone expecting them to make it. Great start for our boys. I never saw 3-0 coming. I am sure the 'yotes will take game 4 and hopefully the Wings can take game 5 and rest. The 3-0 start is hugh for Zetterburg. No need to rush him back now. Howard has been better than expected, and Dats is sick. Downright sick!