[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 NHL Playoff Thread

Menudo

I respect your opinion, but disagree completely regarding Crosby. The best player in the world will not disrupt their chemistry, his return alone would be a hugh pyschological boost which they could use.

Agree on Byslma, he's doing a helluva job without a lot of top players. Notice how bad their PK has been since Cooke was suspended? They really miss him as well, he's one of their best penalty killers. Granted, he got what he deserved, but he really hurt his team with his idiotic actions.

I understand your argument and like I said, it sounds crazy and probably is. The point is moot, obviously if Cindy can play they will play him. But up until recently that team was really a cohesive unit with everyone chipping in. I have seen it in the past that when this sort of thing happens and the star comes back the team sighs a relief and has a let down. You are probably right though, they would be better off with him and since my comment it looks like they need him now.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your argument and like I said, it sounds crazy and probably is. The point is moot, obviously if Cindy can play they will play him. But up until recently that team was really a cohesive unit with everyone chipping in. I have seen it in the past that when this sort of thing happens and the star comes back the team sighs a relief and has a let down. You are probably right though, they would be better off with him and since my comment it looks like they need him now.

I think playing this long without Crosby and Malkin has taken a toll on the other players, they looked beat down the last 2 games. I do not have a good feeling about tonight.

I think playing this long without Crosby and Malkin has taken a toll on the other players, they looked beat down the last 2 games. I do not have a good feeling about tonight.

I'm with you......it is one game and anything can happen, but, the fact is that Tampa is currently playing more inspired hockey. I'm hoping for the best, but, I don't have a good feeling either.

The Lightning were the better team and deserved to win the series.

Yep. Well done. I still like the acquisitions of Neal and Niskanen, so things look good for next year with a healthy Crosby and Malkin I think they can make another deep run.

So, I think I'll be jumping on the Lightning bandwagon. Hate the Caps, can't stand the Flyers, and dislike the Bruins. Yep, go Lightning! :wacko:

Yep. Well done. I still like the acquisitions of Neal and Niskanen, so things look good for next year with a healthy Crosby and Malkin I think they can make another deep run.

So, I think I'll be jumping on the Lightning bandwagon. Hate the Caps, can't stand the Flyers, and dislike the Bruins. Yep, go Lightning! :wacko:

I think you should give the Bruins a pass on your dislike for this year. The Canadiens are easily the most detestable team in North American pro sports, and now they are waiting for the snow to melt so they can play golf!

:tup:

So, I think I'll be jumping on the Lightning bandwagon. Hate the Caps, can't stand the Flyers, and dislike the Bruins. Yep, go Lightning! :tup:

:lol:

Rock the Red :wacko:

I'm with Hugh One, and I'm definitely rooting for Tampa the rest of the way. I also think that they could be a dangerous team moving forward. It's hard not toi think about the "what if's" as a Pens fan, but, it doesn't do any good. :wacko:

I'll be watching though, as I've come to absolutely love playoff hockey. I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

Nothing personal, it's a deep-rooted Crosby-Ovechkin thing. I should probably seek counseling but Untateve's not returning my calls since I told him I love him in some other thread.

Oh I know exactly how you feel, I would be in the same boat for the same reason. I can only hope this is the year the Caps finally live up to expectations, but I have been let down so many times in the past it wouldn't shock me to see them lose :tup:

But for now, ROCK THE RED :wacko:

Wow, Caps score a late one to force OT but lose on a bad line change on the Lecavalier goal and win both on the road.

Rinne plays stellar to get the Preds back in the series.

San Jose is out playing the Wings. For now. This one is far from over.

And the Bruins opened up a can of whoop ass on the Flyers in Game 1.

Playoff hockey rules. :wacko:

Edited by Hugh 0ne

NHL Playoffs can give you the highest of highs but also the lowest of lows. I love deep playoff runs and Stanley Cups but being bounced in the 1st or 2nd round sucks just as bad.

NHL Playoffs can give you the highest of highs but also the lowest of lows. I love deep playoff runs and Stanley Cups but being bounced in the 1st or 2nd round sucks just as bad.

Yep...Go Lightning...:wacko:

Where's T-bone? :tup:

Rocking the white? :wacko:

Go Lightning, Go Bruins, Go Sharks, Go Preds (yeah, that one ain't happening.

I think the Bruins will beat the Lightning, the Penguins did well against the Lightning when they were physical with them, the Bruins are much more physical then the Pens, so I think the Lightning lose in 5, assuming we don't have another miracle comeback/meltdown between the Flyers and Bruins.

In the West, I think the Sharks can beat the Avalanche. Ideally I'd like to see a Lightning-Sharks final, but I don't think it will happen.

Great hockey so far during these playoffs. :lol:

Oh, and Washington, Boudreau isn't your problem, far from it, he's a great coach. You have no goaltending, and Ovechkin isn't a leader (exactly why Russian players rarely make good captains). The goaltending is the bigger problem. I'd like to thank you and the Flyers for not being able to figure this out yet, because if those 2 teams had solid goalies, they'd both have one a Cup by now.