[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Playoffs

Gopher

:wacko:

+1

If I'm betting, give me Dallas and Chicago.

NBA Playoffs is about depth. Miami has none. If Chicago shuts down James or Wade it's game over for the Heat. Bosh can't carry them, and they have zero depth.

I love what the thunder are doing, but I don't think it's there time yet. I think Durant is the freaking man, but Westbrook's ego is going to get them killed. That guy reminds me so much of Stephan Marberry. Pass the freaking ball to your best player. You don't need to be taking all of those shots.

And while Durant is freaking awesome, I'll take Dirk over anyone in the playoffs right now. A well rested, veteran lineup that is as deep as it gets will not be easy to take out.

Take that with you.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just do not see OKC winning more than 2 vs. Dallas. Guard play for Dallas is too deep and Tyson Chandler has been the missing piece for Dallas this playoffs. Shawn Marion will play hard defense and Barrea/Jason Terry (Jet) could be pesky enough to keep Westbrook busy, not to mention Kidd's experience. I see the Mavs putting bodies on Westbrook with Marion's hands in Durant's face constantly. If Dirk has confidence in his shot the Mavs will be too hard to beat. This could be our year :fingerscrossed:

:wacko:

Chi doesn't impress me - they struggled and looked flat out average at best in games vs IND and ATL. You don't win NBA titles with 1 superstar....

A decent team, but by no means a strong #1 seed, and with MIA stealing home court, MIA has control of this thing.

Haslem was huge, doing the dirty work for MIA, exactly what they - I think they win this baby in 6, maybe 5.

DAL OKC is gonna be fun - Dirk was ridiculous in game 1. As a die hard Supersonics fan, I am firmly rooting for Dallas in this one. Cuban was one of 2 owners who voted against the move to OKC .

Mavs bench too much to handle for OKC, outscored OKC 52-23. Tyson Chandler is playing hard and Shawn Marion's defense is the unmentioned factor in all discussions. Westbrook must participate with more assists and OKC must have bench contribution for Westbrook to rest his fatigued legs (7 game series with multiple over time periods do not help).

Chi doesn't impress me - they struggled and looked flat out average at best in games vs IND and ATL. You don't win NBA titles with 1 superstar....

A decent team, but by no means a strong #1 seed, and with MIA stealing home court, MIA has control of this thing.

Haslem was huge, doing the dirty work for MIA, exactly what they - I think they win this baby in 6, maybe 5.

DAL OKC is gonna be fun - Dirk was ridiculous in game 1. As a die hard Supersonics fan, I am firmly rooting for Dallas in this one. Cuban was one of 2 owners who voted against the move to OKC .

:wacko: Where was this post before last night. Typical.....

:wacko: Where was this post before last night. Typical.....

Right here?

looking like an OKC- MIA finals to me..... and as A diehard SuperSonics fan that is going to be tough to swallow. Although I really don't see anyone beating Bron and the Heat

- So much parity, which is great IMO... with SA/CHi as the #1, seeds - has to be the 2 weakest #1 seeds in a long long time.

Edited by detlef

I don't know who's going to win this series, but Chicago wasn't the only team to look flat in the first round. Just about everybody did, other than Boston, ironically. If I remember correctly, Philly pushed the Heat in nearly every game in that series, and should have won at least a couple of the games that they lost... games that they basically gave away (similar to Indiana against the Bulls).

Again, I'm not saying Chicago will win (I didn't even get a chance to watch more than five minutes of last night's game), but if there is one thing this year's playoffs has shown me, it's that one series/round's results doesn't necessarily tell us what's going to happen in the next series/round. Going back to the Boston example, they were pretty clearly the most impressive team, in the first round (at least in the Eas), considering some of the opponents the other top teams in the East struggled with. Yet, they looked like crap against the Heat. Meanwhile, Miami had trouble (I use that term moderately) with Philly, then walks through Boston with ease. Nobody predicted that (that they would have arguably more trouble with Philly than the Celtics).

I do agree that nobody wins a title with one superstar... Jordan had to have Pippen, Kobe had to have Shaq (and later, Gasol), Wade had Shaq, etc. Even Bird and Magic had to have multiple other stars, to get it done. They only exception to that, in the last 20+ years, was Detroit, and they just played a different kind of basketball than most championship teams do... defense and unselfish offense, with no true go-to guy (although Billups, Hamilton, Prince, and Wallace could all hit shots when needed).

Winner of Game 3 wins the series, in my opinion.

poster

man, that was awesome. liking this series quite a bit. :wacko:

Much better than the one vs Wade. Mostly because Wade was just back trying to defend against a two on one and rightfully got turned around. To do what Durant did in the half court offense was silly.

Shot selection dammit! I think Dallas should work the inside game more, keep feeding Dirk near the low post, then when he pops out look for Chandler. Inside out game guys, come on.

Dallas simply missed too many shots in this game. It happens. You cant be lights out from behind the arc every game. Dallas bench was average in this game as well as Marion. Dallas won both games in OKC this season, so they know they can win there.

IMO, OKC has to play an A game to win, and Dallas can win with their B game. Last night was certainly a subpar game for Dallas, and had Dirk hit all 3 of those 3 FT, ( he hit 35 straight before that) and cut it to 3, they could have tied the score on Peja's 3 with just seconds left to play. Neither happened and they fouled OKC, they hit both FT, and lost by 6. But it was that close with a half minute to go.

Edited by Brent

Dallas simply missed too many shots in this game. It happens. You cant be lights out from behind the arc every game. Dallas bench was average in this game as well as Marion. Dallas won both games in OKC this season, so they know they can win there.

IMO, OKC has to play an A game to win, and Dallas can win with their B game. Last night was certainly a subpar game for Dallas, and had Dirk hit all 3 of those 3 FT, ( he hit 35 straight before that) and cut it to 3, they could have tied the score on Peja's 3 with just seconds left to play. Neither happened and they fouled OKC, they hit both FT, and lost by 6. But it was that close with a half minute to go.

I think you're underselling OKC a bit. For starters, does it count as an "A game" when your 2nd best player (and 2nd team All-NBA PG) plays his way on to the bench for the entirety of the 4th? And, while Durant had a nice game, it wasn't like he dominated. going 0-5 from the arc and getting to the line all of 3 times. Plus, before Dirk missed that FT (and is he really supposed to make every one? I mean, he went 9-10 after all) and Peja missed his 3pter, Collison missed 2 FTs and Meynor committed a 24 second violation to give them a chance.

So, let's not pretend that OKC played flawlessly while Dallas was just OK and yet, despite that, Dallas almost pulled it out. Oh, and the game was in Dallas.

Harden, Maynor, and the bench came up huge and certainly outplayed Dallas' bench, which was not supposed to happen. But, again, let's not pretend that this is as good as OKC can play overall.

I mean, if we're going to play that game, should we not also discuss that OKC was within 5 pts with 3 minutes to go, on the road in game one, despite Dirk having what may be one of the greatest shooting performances of all time?

I think you're underselling OKC a bit. For starters, does it count as an "A game" when your 2nd best player (and 2nd team All-NBA PG) plays his way on to the bench for the entirety of the 4th? And, while Durant had a nice game, it wasn't like he dominated. going 0-5 from the arc and getting to the line all of 3 times. Plus, before Dirk missed that FT (and is he really supposed to make every one? I mean, he went 9-10 after all) and Peja missed his 3pter, Collison missed 2 FTs and Meynor committed a 24 second violation to give them a chance.

So, let's not pretend that OKC played flawlessly while Dallas was just OK and yet, despite that, Dallas almost pulled it out. Oh, and the game was in Dallas.

Harden, Maynor, and the bench came up huge and certainly outplayed Dallas' bench, which was not supposed to happen. But, again, let's not pretend that this is as good as OKC can play overall.

I mean, if we're going to play that game, should we not also discuss that OKC was within 5 pts with 3 minutes to go, on the road in game one, despite Dirk having what may be one of the greatest shooting performances of all time?

OKC hit 56% from the field. How often is that going to happen. How often in these playoffs or even in the regular season, have the Dallas bench been outscored, let alone by 21 pts. If you are going to argue, look at all the facts. And as good as Westbrook is, he is a turnover machine, and last night had 4 TO and 4 assists in 28 minutes. Maynor played lights out, where Westbrook played himself to the bench. My take is if Westbrook would have finished that game, Dallas wins. So you support my point. How many times is Brooks going to sit Westbrook for Maynor in the 4th. How many times is the OKC bench going to outplay the Dallas bench, which was not suppose to happen as you said above. You think maybe that was the reason why they won? Its like you make my point for me in your argument, yet argue anyway for the sake of arguing.

And Durant had 40 game 1, so he was no slouch then either. And Dirk scored half, 24 of his 48 from the line. So even if he missed 8 FT, they still win game 1.

Bottom line Dallas played poor last night and lost. Dallas has won their last 3 road games vs Portland and LA, you think they are scared to play in OKC, after they beat them in OKC both times this year. Dallas has the best road record in the NBA this year. I dont see OKC beating Dallas 4 times.

Edited by Brent

I never knew Dirk had any heart in the playoffs until this year....he stepped it up out of nowhere compared to how he'd play average in the prior years, but the supporting cast seems to be stronger, I'm still pulling for a Bulls/Thunder finals as that will entertain me the most....

I never knew Dirk had any heart in the playoffs until this year....he stepped it up out of nowhere compared to how he'd play average in the prior years, but the supporting cast seems to be stronger, I'm still pulling for a Bulls/Thunder finals as that will entertain me the most....

Dirk has always been awesome in the playoffs. I don't get this at all.

And Stevenson beats me to death with his three point attempts. Marion will take some crazy shots and miss some that he shouldn't. All in all, Dallas played a wreckless game last night and almost pulled it off. Everyone freaking out needs to realize that this is the first loss in 27 games. I'm not worried at this point.

And Stevenson beats me to death with his three point attempts. Marion will take some crazy shots and miss some that he shouldn't. All in all, Dallas played a wreckless game last night and almost pulled it off. Everyone freaking out needs to realize that this is the first loss in 27 games. I'm not worried at this point.

he's always been good, but I thought I have seen better from him during the regular season in the past.....I haven't seen him step up like this in the playoffs before this year....he's been a bit more aggressive and appears to be more relaxed....but it might be the supporting cast helping him a bit more, I don't know...

I'm also rooting for the Thunder as the Mavs are kind of a boring pick to go to the finals imo....the Mavs will likely win, but I'm pulling for the Thunder...

27 days, they lost 8 games ago to Portland.

He's soft, or has been until now. He seems to have had a spine transplant this year, getting one made of bone instead of jello.

He has never been soft. And he is averaging the same stats he does every year. they beat LA in 4, and now all of a sudden people recognize him. Just insane.

dallas has never had someone like Chandler in the paint. to finish and defend. It makes life so much easier on everyone else. Dirk has played more in the block this post season than the past, but he has always been clutch. But like the Lakers after Shaq left, and Wade the year after they won it all, if you dont have a supporting cast, you dont get out of the first round. This yr Dallas has a legitimate 5 for the first time in 2 decades. they have knock down shooters all over the floor. And they have a penetrator in JJ, and a veteran leader in Kidd who is the glue guy. terry is also playing better than he has in several post seasons. This team is poised to make a run, and they are doing it. I hope it ends with a parade in Big D. Dirk deserves it, and he wont ever get the respect he is due, until he wins a title.

He has never been soft.

<snip>

Dirk deserves it, and he wont ever get the respect he is due, until he wins a title.

You have to be kidding. Through now, the guy has been a flopping wuss, easily intimidated by anyone.

Who was the moran this week who said Nowitski was in the top 10 all time? :wacko::tup::lol::rofl:

You have to be kidding. Through now, the guy has been a flopping wuss, easily intimidated by anyone.

Who was the moran this week who said Nowitski was in the top 10 all time? :wacko::tup::lol::rofl:

No, Im not kidding. Dirk has always got a bad rap, because he couldnt single handedly get his team a ring.

His coach, who played with Bird and McHale, and also said he was better than Bird, and he should know. Many consider Bird a all time 10 great, but if Dirk is better, he doesnt stack up? Now Im not saying he is a top 10 all time great. But Bird gets that rep, and I have no problem with people comparing the 2, and many including Charles Barkley thinking Dirk is better right now, than Larry legend ever was.