[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bin Laden - Dead

The Irish Doggy

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with not releasing the photos. I don't need THAT much proof. I trust the NAVY SEALS...if not the Gubment. I've heard more than one person say it would be the most viewed photograph in history. What's the current holder?

ETA: Does this belong in the photography forum. :wacko:

Edited by TimC

Surprised at the decision to not release the photos but I understand the rationale that I've read thus far.

I'm not...not at all.

How did we feel when photos/video was released of hostages that were beheaded? It was pretty gruesome, and it left no other thought but their intent to rub it in the face of America.

I don't think there is any sane reason to stoop to that same level, especially considering the type of wound suffered by bin Laden.

To appease people, the white house is issuing additional photos of what was going on in the "situation room" of the White House during the raid:

pic #1 (This was the one they had already released.)

pic #2

pic #3

pic #4

:wacko:

To appease people, the white house is issuing additional photos of what was going on in the "situation room" of the White House during the raid:

pic #1 (This was the one they had already released.)

pic #2

pic #3

pic #4

Is that John Lithgow Standing up in the blue shirt Behind Obama?

Im dissapointed in the decision not to release the photos for the simple fact that this will now overtake the obama birth certificate fiasco and be shoved down our throats until it is released.

Im dissapointed in the decision not to release the photos for the simple fact that this will now overtake the obama birth certificate fiasco and be shoved down our throats until it is released.

Here's the thing -

If he ain't dead, we will hear from him. His silence will be sufficient confirmation for most non-whackos,

As for the whackos, the publication of a photograph isn't going to change their minds. (Its photoshopped! Its a dummy! Its some other guy - look one of OBL's moles is missing!)

Here's the thing -

If he ain't dead, we will hear from him. His silence will be sufficient confirmation for most non-whackos,

As for the whackos, the publication of a photograph isn't going to change their minds. (Its photoshopped! Its a dummy! Its some other guy - look one of OBL's moles is missing!)

From what I'm guessing, a good chunk of his head is missing.

From what I'm guessing, a good chunk of his head is missing.

The conspiracy nutjobs would say he didn't have that hole in his head in any pocs before. And that's all the proof they need that it's a fake. :wacko:

Here's the thing -

The picture of OBL holding up one of our newspapers declaring he was dead would have came out by Monday night. Finally we would have an erroneous headline more famous than "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN".

I think he was captured alive and swept away to some remote location. He and W are probably hanging out, that's why W can't make it to meet with O at the ground zero thingy on Friday.

I like the "war room" picture. Looks like someone had just been popped on the screen. Hillary's expression is priceless. I wonder if she had the same reaction when they popped Vince Foster in the noggin.

poor Vince :tup:

poor Vince :tup:

I had another one about, "Judging from Hillary's reaction it appears they are watching the missing "Clinton Tapes" from the oval office..."

over/under on how long it takes for these pics to leak? I'd set it at about a week.

I'm disappointed in the decision not to release the photos. the issue, to my mind, is not whether the muslim extremist world will feel defeated or inflamed by the photos, and in what proportion. the issue is transparency and treating the american people like grownups.

and why was panetta saying they'd be released yesterday? for all the fortitude, precision, and efficiency of the operation itself, the PR handling afterward has been the exact opposite. shouldn't there have been some sort of plan for all this in place beforehand? it seems like maybe they had thought through the burial at sea part beforehand, but very little else.

Edited by Azazello1313

I thought I did.

I'm pretty sure one of our "older" members started a thread about this a while back about this

I'm curious as how would the Navy have handled the burial? I'm sure there was no ceremony or fanfare, but did they just pick him up and throw him overboard with the leftover pork from dinner? I guess we'll hear more when the ship lands in port.

I'm curious as how would the Navy have handled the burial? I'm sure there was no ceremony or fanfare, but did they just pick him up and throw him overboard with the leftover pork from dinner? I guess we'll hear more when the ship lands in port.

Good Info Here

over/under on how long it takes for these pics to leak? I'd set it at about a week.

I'm disappointed in the decision not to release the photos. the issue, to my mind, is not whether the muslim extremist world will feel defeated or inflamed by the photos, and in what proportion. the issue is transparency and treating the american people like grownups.

I predict the administration will purposefully leak the pics eventually so they can claim the moral high ground but still get the info out.

the issue is transparency and treating the american people like grownups.

Of course, it would be nice if the American people actually acted like grownups every now and again too.

and why was panetta saying they'd be released yesterday? for all the fortitude, precision, and efficiency of the operation itself, the PR handling afterward has been the exact opposite. shouldn't there have been some sort of plan for all this in place beforehand? it seems like maybe they had thought through the burial at sea part beforehand, but very little else.

Agreed about this. It's a consequence of babbling too much too soon. Like I said earlier, a simple statement would have sufficed, to be supplemented by more details as appropriate and as confirmed. This goes back to the people acting like grownups.

Here's what they should do. Buy a couple of hours of prime time television on all of the major networks; replay as much footage as they have of the September 11th attacks, and then for about 10 seconds at the very end, show the picture of this POS with pieces of his head missing.