[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bin Laden - Dead

The Irish Doggy

In this instance it certainly appears to have been a game of telephone, that began Sunday night when that new press guy started extrapolating stuff he shouldn't have, such as the woman getting shot with bin Laden behind her becoming her being used as a shield, etc.

Link? In my experience, press guys do not extrapolate any bold details they're not told to... Just from watching the press conference today, he was tip-toeing like all of them do to make sure he doesn't give the media ammo by phrasing things the wrong way, or revealing incorect or sensitive information. That's what his job is to do, to say things like "I cannot comment on that", "You'll have to ask the State Department". His job is certainly not to just make BS up...

I have no clue why any reasoning for conflicting stories, other than the very obvious that, the truth doesn't contradict itself, but people caught up in lies do... I'll leave it at that.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No link, just look at the statements. They're not lying like you think they didn't have details dialed in and I think you have to reasonably believe they're all just a tad stoked on adrenaline Sunday night.

Some are clearly commenting on details theyre unsure of. They're correcting themselves and I don't think most of this stuff is intentional: wouldn't the lie go the other way from : he was unarmed to armed? No they've screwed up initial details and theyre trying to clarify which is hard since the initial story always gets more play than the correction.

We'll never know what really happened. Just like always.

Anyway, some guy that claimed he planned 911 hid in relative comfort in a mansion for 10 years, and they say they finally found him, killed him and dumped the body in the ocean. Oh sure, the versions of how it all happened keep changing and they don't feel compelled to show us the results of their work, but all in all I'm pretty satisfied.

No link, just look at the statements. They're not lying like you think they didn't have details dialed in and I think you have to reasonably believe they're all just a tad stoked on adrenaline Sunday night.

Some are clearly commenting on details theyre unsure of. They're correcting themselves and I don't think most of this stuff is intentional: wouldn't the lie go the other way from : he was unarmed to armed? No they've screwed up initial details and theyre trying to clarify which is hard since the initial story always gets more play than the correction.

“Here is bin Laden, who has been calling for these attacks, living in this million-dollar-plus compound, living in an area that is far removed from the front, hiding behind women who were put in front of him as a shield,” counter-terrorism adviser John Brennan told reporters this afternoon. “I think it really just speaks to just how false his narrative has been over the years.”

This part was not included in many of the reports:

" She served as a shield. Again, this is my understanding -- and we’re still getting the reports of exactly what happened at particular moments -- that when -- she fought back; when there was the opportunity to get to bin Laden, she was positioned in a way that indicated that she was being used as a shield -- whether or not bin Laden or the son, or whatever, put her there, or she put herself there, but, yes, that's again, my understanding that she met her demise (also untrue), and my understanding is that she was one of bin Laden’s wives."

I'm sorry, I do not buy at all that just because he covered his ass with "we're still getting reports", that he didn't make a definitive statement about human-shield propaganda that's been used since WW2 to demonize the enemy and get an emotional response. Bold claims like this are not made in haste or by accident. They just aren't.

Many of us may now know the "real" official story of what happened, but there are plenty of people who don't pay that much attention and will still believe that initial refuted story... It's like putting something on the front page, with small corrections on page 15 the next day. The damage has already been done, and the larger narrative has now been written, so it's clear why the "fuzzy" details came out as clear facts first.

But If I'm going to be blunt, it makes no difference to me if they really killed Bin Laden or not. Doesn't really change anything, but I know BS propaganda when I hear it.

Edited by delusions of granduer

I'm sorry, I do not buy at all that just because he covered his ass with "we're still getting reports", that he didn't make a definitive statement about human-shield propaganda that's been used since WW2 to demonize the enemy and get an emotional response. Bold claims like this are not made in haste or by accident. They just aren't.

Many of us may now know the "real" official story of what happened, but there are plenty of people who don't pay that much attention and will still believe that initial refuted story... It's like putting something on the front page, with small corrections on page 15 the next day. The damage has already been done, and the larger narrative has now been written, so it's clear why the "fuzzy" details came out as clear facts first.

But If I'm going to be blunt, it makes no difference to me if they really killed Bin Laden or not. Doesn't really change anything, but I know BS propaganda when I hear it.

I really don't know what you're getting at. You've posted that clear quote, yet I've heard others clearly say the exact opposite regarding the use of the girl as a shield. And certainly they're made by accident if someone is working with a different set of details than the other. ABC has reported the past two days that 'human shield' wasn't the case.By pointing out competing facts you're really only making the point that I'm trying to: they didn't ahve their stuff lined up when they began commenting on it. That doesn't mean they're lying or involved in faking this guy's death.

If you're implying they didn't get him and a cover story is unravelling under a weight of lies I'll bet you're proven wrong. This story will hold with further clarifications. Getting it out has been sloppy, no doubt. But many REALLYREALLY want everything to be neat and tidy and explained before the first commecial break and that isn't the case with real world stuff like this. It's the fog of war, plain and simple. This isn't "Aliens' where they were all watching 25 monitors of all 25 soldiers on the ground so they had 100% of their facts in Washington DC 1 minute after the operation ended. Not even close.

Edited by Pope Flick

It's the gubmint. Getting things straight is simply against their nature.

And this is why it's so difficult for me to buy into all of these Government Conspiracy theories.....

And my money is on "They captured him and then executed him", and I am completely ok with that.

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

:shakesheadandsadlywalksaway:

Why, because someone who's regarded as extremely credible and as far from a conspiracy theorist as it gets is saying things you do'nt want to believe?

We'll see if it comes to pass or not that he goes to a federal court with a name, but if an "accident" happens to the guy first, I think you know what that means...

And this is why it's so difficult for me to buy into all of these Government Conspiracy theories.....

And my money is on "They captured him and then executed him", and I am completely ok with that.

I think it was more of a thing where they stormed the palace I mean mansion I mean humble Muslim abode with no capitalist materialistic amenities of any kind and after some gunfire shot his sorry ass out of existance, but really as long as the POS is gone it's all secondary at best.

Pieczenik cannot be dismissed as a “conspiracy theorist”. He served as the Deputy Assistant Secretary of State under three different administrations, Nixon, Ford and Carter, while also working under Reagan and Bush senior, and still works as a consultant for the Department of Defense. A former US Navy Captain, Pieczenik achieved two prestigious Harry C. Solomon Awards at the Harvard Medical School as he simultaneously completed a PhD at MIT
All very impressive, but none of it means he cannot be dismissed as a “conspiracy theorist," esp the working for DoD part. There are so many loony/incompetent people in that organization it's scary. IMO.

Sad. Just plain sad. This thread has just become as dead as Bin Laden.

I'll need photographic evidence of the thread being dead if you don't mind.

I'll need photographic evidence of the thread being dead if you don't mind.

:wacko:

I am sorry to say that it is so gruesome that I will be unable to publish.

But believe me when I say.... this thread died a terrible death about 11 or so posts up.

Why, because someone who's regarded as extremely credible and as far from a conspiracy theorist as it gets is saying things you do'nt want to believe?

We'll see if it comes to pass or not that he goes to a federal court with a name, but if an "accident" happens to the guy first, I think you know what that means...

Your user name seems very apropos.......

Look, go back and watch that jagoff John Brennan give that press conference the other day. It's clear now that he was talking out of his ass then. Most of the "corrections" have stemmed from this clown.

Let's face it he just starts running his mouth answering the first question and that's where the trouble began.

Deleted the post that had no business in this thread. The name of the guy is in BeeR's quote if anyone is interested, but I apologize for letting my emotions get the best of me after a few drinks and insering my politics into this.

I'll refrain from posting any more in here as not to derail this discussion any more.

Deleted the post that had no business in this thread. The name of the guy is in BeeR's quote if anyone is interested, but I apologize for letting my emotions get the best of me after a few drinks and insering my politics into this.

I'll refrain from posting any more in here as not to derail this discussion any more.

Black helicopter outside your window spooked you eh? :wacko: