[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In Wisconsin News Today

Yukon Cornelius

Wisconsin Republican Senators passed a bill requiring all voters to have photo identification. Meanwhile, Republicans continue to oppose efforts to identify corporations’ political contributions.

Just thought I’d point this out. :wacko:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wisconsin Republican Senators passed a bill requiring all voters to have photo identification.

Ah, the famous solution in search of a problem.

Meanwhile, Republicans continue to oppose efforts to identify corporations’ political contributions.

As for this, if money = speech, how is keeping donations (speech) secret justifiable?

Wisconsin Republican Senators passed a bill requiring all voters to have photo identification. Meanwhile, Republicans continue to oppose efforts to identify corporations’ political contributions.

Just thought I’d point this out. :tup:

Boo ho. :wacko:

How horrible. A minimal effort to make voter fraud only marginally more difficult.

As for openness in the process, I am for it.

What voter fraud? The largest number of illegal votes are recorded by felons. How will photo ID fix that?

Now if they would only find a way to keep vote tallys from being stored on personal computers in MS Access databases.

Now if they can require all candidates to not be so biased and unwilling to compromise.

shhhhhhh let them keep typing...... :wacko:

Here's another:

How does a party that supposedly stands for small government, freedom, blah blah and most certainly would oppose a national identity card suddenly get all hot to trot about photo ID for elections?

Bottom line: This is a naked attempt to reduce the Democrat vote. Period. Nothing else.

Here's another:

How does a party that supposedly stands for small government, freedom, blah blah and most certainly would oppose a national identity card suddenly get all hot to trot about photo ID for elections?

Bottom line: This is a naked attempt to reduce the Democrat vote. Period. Nothing else.

Exactly, there is a fear that felons and illegals will vote for Democrats, due to Democratic policies that are seemingly more favorable to this caste of people, and quite frankly we want to keep them away from the polls.

Then again, I'm one of those nut cases that would like to further limit the amount of people who are allowed to vote, so I'm pretty unsympathetic to those who complain about having to actually prove who you are in order to cast a ballot for who will control the fate of this country.

Lemme ask a question, was it proper for the Democrat reps to force people to show ID to enter town hall meetings while the HC debates were going on?

I still don't understand why you guys see this as such a burden, simply showing identification to vote so that we can verify that the person voting is who they say they are. And, I know, I know, "then why can we do absentee ballots... those are rife with fraud..." That system needs to be changed as well.

Exactly, there is a fear that felons and illegals will vote for Democrats, due to Democratic policies that are seemingly more favorable to this caste of people, and quite frankly we want to keep them away from the polls.

Then again, I'm one of those nut cases that would like to further limit the amount of people who are allowed to vote, so I'm pretty unsympathetic to those who complain about having to actually prove who you are in order to cast a ballot for who will control the fate of this country.

Lemme ask a question, was it proper for the Democrat reps to force people to show ID to enter town hall meetings while the HC debates were going on?

I still don't understand why you guys see this as such a burden, simply showing identification to vote so that we can verify that the person voting is who they say they are. And, I know, I know, "then why can we do absentee ballots... those are rife with fraud..." That system needs to be changed as well.

i am not saying voter id is wrong i am pointing out how stupid it is to be working on this when there are other much larger fish to fry. the hypocrisy of both parties is highlarius ....

i am not saying voter id is wrong i am pointing out how stupid it is to be working on this when there are other much larger fish to fry. the hypocrisy of both parties is highlarius ....

I agree, we should be running full steam ahead to kill the Unions and worry about voting later. :wacko:

I agree, we should be running full steam ahead to kill the Unions and worry about voting later. :lol:

:tup: just wait till summer time in sconny..... should be a lot of fun... the bees nest has been kicked into a frenzy.... :wacko:

Bottom line: This is a naked attempt to reduce the amount of fraudulent votes, which everyone knows skew Democratic. Period. Nothing else.

fixed, and agreed. the republicans are passing this law because they think it helps them in elections, and democrats are opposing it because they think it hurts them in elections.

the simple question remains, is it reasonable or unreasonable to expect people to show a valid photo ID demonstrating they are who they say they are and live where they say they live when they vote? and it seems to me, if it's ok to require you to show a photo ID to buy f'ing sudafed, it's certainly OK to ask you to show ID when you vote.

furthermore, I believe you are on record many times saying that photo ID is anything but an unreasonable request, and that it should be required at the polls. yet when a state actually goes to do it, you get all "Have to agree here!" pretty transparent, man.

your other shallow partisan line of attack on this issue is to say it is of no consequence. that there is no problem here, voter fraud is neglible and statistically irrelevant. if that is true, then a law like this will have no significant effect on anything. :wacko:

A story like this one made the rounds in Minnesota. Same thing that felons are more apt to vote Democrat and the Republicans were the ones that wanted to change it.

A few people that voted illegally in the very tight governor race indicated that they voted Republican, Although had 100% of the illegal voters had voted Republican, it wouldn't have changed the result.

Doesnt it cost millions to issue some of these cards to the elderly?

So the party of fiscal restraint somehow forgets when it comes to potentially damaging their political competition? :wacko:

I dont care, and photo ID seems like a logical requirement anyways. It is just exposing the GOP in certain states for being complete charlatans for pushing this as they beat their chests about how they are "broke".