[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

In Wisconsin News Today

Yukon Cornelius

Does it really matter anyway?

The voters elected Walker and enough Republicans this past election to take control. The the budget repair bill came out and the libs ran out of state - illegally I might add. I guess that is not disenfranchising anyone huh??

People voted for Prosser and he BEAT Kloppenburg - people voted and spoke their minds - what now? The libs are stalling and delaying as much as possible. Is this disenfranchising anyone? Hmm guess not.

It is pathetic.

Not only that, let's not forget that Voter ID passed the legislature twice before in WI before it was ultimately vetoed by Diamond Jim Doyle. But now that Republicans are in control suddenly we are....wait for it....wait for it..."disenfranchising" the people again. Yep, that's the keyword liberals always use whenever they don't get their way. In fact, I would argue that it's been abused so much by the left that it has lost all meaning.

The fact of the matter is that the WI voters have beat down all attempts at supposed lefty "outrage" every time - yet you loons continue to think that everyone is on your side. Now you're holding out hope that the recall elections will somehow vindicate your lefty group think. Enjoy your time in fantasy land because when the smoke clears I bet Republicans will pick up another seat or two.

What is going to be your excuse then? How many losses is it going to take before you clowns come to the realization the WI is going red?

Edited by tosberg34

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone explain how requiring an ID disenfranchises the poor? My country-wide experience is lacking, but I've worked in three different states and all of them required an ID to be hired. In Michigan, it costs $10 for an ID.

So by poor, you are talking about people who can't afford $10 and have never required a photo ID for anything in their life?

The argument seems nonsensical; please explain.

Can someone explain how requiring an ID disenfranchises the poor? My country-wide experience is lacking, but I've worked in three different states and all of them required an ID to be hired. In Michigan, it costs $10 for an ID.

So by poor, you are talking about people who can't afford $10 and have never required a photo ID for anything in their life?

The argument seems nonsensical; please explain.

Yet these are the same people that need an ID to fill out reams of forms in triplicate for any government assistance program they are on.

BUT DON'T ASK FOR A PHOTO ID TO VOTE! Why you'd be...wait for it...wait for it..."disenfranchising" them!

Does it really matter anyway?

The voters elected Walker and enough Republicans this past election to take control. The the budget repair bill came out and the libs ran out of state - illegally I might add. I guess that is not disenfranchising anyone huh??

People voted for Prosser and he BEAT Kloppenburg - people voted and spoke their minds - what now? The libs are stalling and delaying as much as possible. Is this disenfranchising anyone? Hmm guess not.

It is pathetic.

u really have not been paying attention have you.....

u really have not been paying attention have you.....

Please enlighten me mr all knowing.

Typical - a couple of words and nothing really said.

Did Walker win the election?

Did Republicans pick up control?

Did Prosser win the Supreme Court election?

Did lefties run out of state and not do what they were elected to do?

Did teachers skip out of work to protest and get fake Dr excuses?

Is there now some idiot that wants to use the money saved when schools shut down because teachers skipped out to pay some of these same teachers a year end bonus?

Like what was stated above - what is wrong with photo id? Do you know of any specific people who are disenfranchised by not having a photo id? Do these same people ever drive or buy smokes or buy alcohol or rent a movie? Every person I know has a photo id and if they actually for whatever reason did not and wanted to vote they would go get one. I guess to coin one of your famous lines - I guess I just don't get it.

Has Scott Walker gotten his Regan Moment yet or is he just going to continue making Wisconsin the laughingstock of the nation? The non-extremists in Wisconsin are quite embarrassed they elected the guy.

Really? How would you know living in the Pacific Northwest? Most people I know love what Walker is doing. In fact, if people were so upset with Walker then how is it possible that Prosser got re-elected to the WI SC? You would think if people were upset Sloppy Kloppy would have been elected handily instead. But no, she wasn't.

You really know nothing other than what HuffingtonPost tells you, do you? I think the only people that are embarrassed are the ones that have to read your uninformed posts.

Edited by tosberg34

Really? How would you know living in the Pacific Northwest? Most people I know love what Walker is doing. In fact, if people were so upset with Walker then how is it possible that Prosser got re-elected to the WI SC? You would think if people were upset Sloppy Kloppy would have been elected handily instead. But no, she wasn't.

You really know nothing other than what HuffingtonPost tells you, do you? I think the only people that are embarrassed are the ones that have to read your uninformed posts.

That's calling the kettle black.

And you're a slave to hacks like Mark Belling and Charlie Sykes. What's the difference?

Prosser blew her out alright. Before Walker stuck the knife in the back of WI schools, Prosser was at least a 20% favorite. What did he win by 0.5%? An almost 20% gain in two months in a judge's race with maybe 5% of inter city turnout. Your not going hold on for long bud. As far as the recalls go, I would love to see your blueprint for how your boys in the senate are going to pick up two seats. Only three Dems are going to be recalled while six Dumbos are going to find their names on recall ballots. (Rs) Dan Kapanke, Luther Olsen, and Randy Hopper are surely going down. (D) Bob Wirtch may go down but Democratic Kenosha and Racine will turn out to make it close. Enjoy your next few months, your boy Walker bit off more than he can chew.

Edited by Ground Chuck

Yer brilliant, do I need to live in New York to know Al Shaprton is an extremist? :wacko:

You don't know SHAM WOW! other than what you read from HuffingtonPost. I'd say you're the LEAST informed person on these boards :tup:

Edited by tosberg34

That's calling the kettle black.

And you're a slave to hacks like Mark Belling and Charlie Sykes. What's the difference?

Prosser blew her out alright. Before Walker stuck the knife in the back of WI schools, Prosser was at least a 20% favorite. What did he win by 0.5%? An almost 20% gain in two months in a judge's race with maybe 5% of inter city turnout. Your not going hold on for long bud. As far as the recalls go, I would love to see your blueprint for how your boys in the senate are going to pick up two seats. Only three Dems are going to be recalled while six Dumbos are going to find their names on recall ballots. (Rs) Dan Kapanke, Luther Olsen, and Randy Hopper are surely going down. (D) Bob Wirtch may go down but Democratic Kenosha and Racine will turn out to make it close. Enjoy your next few months, your boy Walker bit off more than he can chew.

Problem with your theory is that you've been saying that since last November's elections, yet the Republicans still keep on winning. Governor, Legislature, SC Race = Every single one of those races the left has been saying "We're motivated now - we're going to clean up. The people are behind us" - yet every time the Republicans keep winning. The people AREN'T behind you guys.

Again - how many more times you going to lose before you realize you're fighting a losing battle? How many out of state, professional protesters you going to keep busing in to inflate your numbers?

At this point, if you one of you lefties get the mail 15 minutes earlier than normal you'd declare it a HUGE VICTORY for the left. You guys got nothing left - you're grasping at straws.

Edited by tosberg34

Problem with your theory is that you've been saying that since last November's elections, yet the Republicans still keep on winning. Governor, Legislature, SC Race = Every single one of those races the left has been saying "We're motivated now - we're going to clean up. The people are behind us" - yet every time the Republicans keep winning. The people AREN'T behind you guys.

Again - how many more times you going to lose before you realize you're fighting a losing battle? How many out of state, professional protesters you going to keep busing in to inflate your numbers?

At this point, if you one of you lefties get the mail 15 minutes earlier than normal you'd declare it a HUGE VICTORY for the left. You guys got nothing left - you're grasping at straws.

No, I voted for Walker and Johnson. Wish I had those votes back. I thought he was going to RESPONSIBLY close the budget gap, not nuke the unions. There are many more like me who voted for Walker and wanted to puke when he dropped the union bomb. He blindsided us and we won't forget.

Your calendar must be off. Let me put together a time line for you.

Nov. Walker won.

Feb. He nukes unions, Madison erupts.

April. Three local legislative seats and a statewide judges' race are on the ballot. The Dems pick up a seat in the LaCrosse area from the Repubs. and two Repubs. hold their seats in Republican strongholds Mequon and West Bend. Posser wins after a recount, in what by all accounts, would have normally been a walk for him.

May. Recalls are filed for six Republican state senators and three Democrats.

Those are the facts. I guess you left those out in your last post. Find me proof during Walker's run where he specifically said he was going to nuke the unions. Don't waste your time you won't find it. He wasn't foolish enough to run on that. He pulled the wool over many eyes. That was the game changer and it happened AFTER Scooter won.

The truth is that we have not yet seen what the political aftermath of the Walker budget plan will be. We will see in January. Walker will face a recall election. If Feingold runs in that recall your boy is toast.

Edited by Ground Chuck

No, I voted for Walker and Johnson. Wish I had those votes back. I thought he was going to RESPONSIBLY close the budget gap, not nuke the unions. There are many more like me who voted for Walker and wanted to puke when he dropped the union bomb. He blindsided us and we won't forget.

Your calendar must be off. Let me put together a time line for you.

Nov. Walker won.

Feb. He nukes unions, Madison erupts.

April. Three local legislative seats and a statewide judges' race are on the ballot. The Dems pick up a seat in the LaCrosse area from the Repubs. and two Repubs. hold their seats in Republican strongholds Mequon and West Bend. Posser wins after a recount, in what buy all accounts, would have normally been a walk for him.

May. Recalls are filed for six Republican state senators and three Democrats.

Those are the facts. I guess you left those out in your last post. Find me proof during Walker's run where he specifically said he was going to nuke the unions. Don't waste your time you won't find it. He wasn't foolish enough to run on that. He pulled the wool over many eyes. That was the game changer and it happened AFTER Scooter won.

The truth is that we have not yet seen what the political aftermath of the Walker budget plan will be. We will see in January. Walker will face a recall election. If Feingold runs in that recall your boy is toast.

You forgot to add the the R's took both the house and the Senate. I'd say that is a big point you conveniently left out.

Every single point in your time line has Dems losing. I think if you're hanging your hat on recall elections you're going to be severely disappointed. Walker Recalled? Another lefty fantasy. Feingold is already damaged goods - you guys going to bank on him again? Go ahead. Between Neuman, Thompson or Ted Kanavas I see easy victory if it's any one of them in the race.

The only thing we've seen so far is that a majority of WI voters have continued to support Walker and other republicans/conservatives - and when all the dust has settled that really is the only thing that counts.

Edited by tosberg34

You forgot to add the the R's took both the house and the Senate. I'd say that is a big point you conveniently left out.

Every single point in your time line has Dems losing. I think if you're hanging your hat on recall elections you're going to be severely disappointed. Walker Recalled? Another lefty fantasy. Feingold is already damaged goods - you guys going to bank on him again? Go ahead. Between Neuman, Thompson or Ted Kanavas I see easy victory if it's any one of them in the race.

The only thing we've seen so far is that a majority of WI voters have continued to support Walker and other republicans/conservatives - and when all the dust has settled that really is the only thing that counts.

Again, the Reps taking the house and senate happened before Walker's radical agenda came out. A big point you left out. Did you read the time-line?

How would a net loss of a seat in the house by Rs and a 0.5% win by a judge in a predicted landslide count as a show of support for Walker's post election agenda? Those have been the only somewhat noteworthy elections since Scooter dropped the bomb.

The Rs lost a house seat and were able to keep two that they were expected to keep. That would be a net gain for the Ds in the house. They won a judge race that had little inter-city turnout. Your sample size to judge the voter feelings in this state AFTER Walker's agenda came out is very small. Twice as many R senators as D senators are recalled. Walker added too much spice to the pot and it is going to cost him and the state Rs BIG.

The senate will lose two seats to the Dems. Even Sykes thinks that will happen.

You'd vote for Tommy Thompson? He's the one who started this debt mess in Wisconsin. Kanavas is unknown and Neuman has lost everything he has ran for in the last five years. Surely you have better than that.

Edited by Ground Chuck

from what I've heard, the real issue here, despite all the bullchit bloviating about "disenfranchising the poor" is college students. student IDs will not be accepted unless they have a permanent address and some other info that none of them have now. say a kid lives in sheboygen, or illinois, and goes to school in madison, legally they are supposed to vote at their permanent address, which usually means voting absentee. short of an ID requirement, or a careful checking of the voter rolls of other districts or even other states, it has been pretty easy for them to register and vote in madison. in most cases, that is illegal, but apparently it happens all the time. with wisconsin usually being a swing state, something like that can have a fairly significant imact. and that's without considering the pretty good chance that a number of them register and vote in madison AND mail in their absentee ballot from wherever they're supposed to vote.

from what I've heard, the real issue here, despite all the bullchit bloviating about "disenfranchising the poor" is college students. student IDs will not be accepted unless they have a permanent address and some other info that none of them have now. say a kid lives in sheboygen, or illinois, and goes to school in madison, legally they are supposed to vote at their permanent address, which usually means voting absentee. short of an ID requirement, or a careful checking of the voter rolls of other districts or even other states, it has been pretty easy for them to register and vote in madison. in most cases, that is illegal, but apparently it happens all the time. with wisconsin usually being a swing state, something like that can have a fairly significant imact. and that's without considering the pretty good chance that a number of them register and vote in madison AND mail in their absentee ballot from wherever they're supposed to vote.

I thought tosturd said the enemies of America up in Wisconsin have the overwhelming support of the people. Now you are trying to tell me the college kids are going to put the bongs and beers down, quit trying to screw each other and turn the election? Hardly sounds like the mandate it describes. I'm wondering who is right about the hearts and minds of Wisconsionites, you or tosalad, because you can't both be correct.

Is it right that they are gaming the election laws, assuming they even are? Obviously not but that's a bull$hit argument. When somebody argues corporations are close enough to people to deserve a voice in politics but a few politically active kids are a threat to democracy, I honestly can't muster the gumption to give a f*ck.

Really? How would you know living in the Pacific Northwest? Most people I know love what Walker is doing.

So you love how your seats of power are being bought and sold just like in Chicago?

And I'm sure you guys love how instead of your political leaders taking a pay cut, they would rather bleed the schools dry first. Classy. :wacko:

chuck you are arguing with a nit whit.... stop it :wacko:

Seriously - what makes you so smart that you come into almost every conversation with useless comments like "yer not so smart" or "try to keep up" or "you are arguing with a nitwit".

I think a lot of what Tosberg is saying is correct and a lot of what Chuck is saying is correct. I would say the same for you probably if you would add something but you don't.

Chuck - yes the SC election was closer than people thought and yes it was because of what Walker did but think that EVERY person in a union voted - look at the turnout in Madison - the left had a HUGE HUGE turnout but that also means that a lot of people were then motivated to get out and support Walker. Yes his proposal was taking money out of people's pockets and a majority of those people probably lean left so of course when you are directly impacted you will be even more motivated to vote.

The only thing I still don't get is that there is no solution to Wisconsin's problem by the people on the left - I am for what Walker is doing because I think SOMETHING needs to be done or we are screwed - I would be willing to change my stance on what Walker is doing until something else is on the table - that has not happened so right now his plan is the best because doing nothing is not an option.

I think a lot of what Tosberg is saying is correct and a lot of what Chuck is saying is correct. I would say the same for you probably if you would add something but you don't.

Why should I .. you have it all figured out. I know you are trying to find some answers but if you cant see that they have been laid out already then there is know point in splaining it again.

The only thing I still don't get is that there is no solution to Wisconsin's problem by the people on the left - I am for what Walker is doing because I think SOMETHING needs to be done or we are screwed - I would be willing to change my stance on what Walker is doing until something else is on the table - that has not happened so right now his plan is the best because doing nothing is not an option.

The unions gave many options already, u apparently don't like them. walker has admitted that busting the unions will not do anything for the budget.what else do you need? I have many many friends that are hard core reppublitards that voted for walker... they will not be doing it again. Many of them are hardcore Harsdorf backers and they put there names down to recall her. They don't like the lock step politics that the RNC is laying out in sconny, you should not either.

I think you guys have taken this topic about as far as it can go for now without just rehashing old arguments. The jury is still out on this and won't be in until the results of the next recalls/elections are in. It will be interesting to come back to this thread after those elections take place.