[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bye Bye Tressel

Infinity

Pryor has played his last game as a Buckeye. The city is turning on him fast after he showed up in a Z this morning. How can you be so dumb?

He is under a 90 day driving suspension to boot. It's time to let him go.

Fickell is going to have to make a decision soon with Pryor.

Thank you Pryor for choosing Ohio State over Penn State. You definitely fit in better there than you would at Happy Valley.

Of the 65 schools in the major conferences, plus Notre Dame only two have never had any NCAA infractions: Stanford & Penn State

I'm proud to be a fan of a school that does things the right way.

:wacko:

"of the 65 in the nation's six major football-playing conferences, plus Notre Dame -- without a major case in their histories, and two of them carry asterisks. Boston College and Northwestern endured point-shaving scandals that weren't adjudicated by the NCAA.

The Unblemished Two: Penn State and Stanford.

The remaining 62 programs have been involved in 241 infractions cases dating to 1953, according to NCAA records. "

If anyone ever hires him, they're morans.

He was stupid and looked the other way too much (or was ok with perks for players) but I think someone will hire him eventually.

Tressel finished his Buckeye career with an overall record of 106–22 at Ohio State

Let's face it, money talks and if a scummy guy like Saban is the highest paid coach in the NCAA I'd think Tressel would get a shot somewhere if he wants one (although he's probably made plenty of money). It'll be a few years and it depends on what the NCAA determines the charges are that follow him.

On a different note, I never really thought of Tressel as a NFL guy, but anybody think he'd pull a Pete Carroll (tm) and jump to the league after getting caught being dirty in college?

He was stupid and looked the other way too much (or was ok with perks for players) but I think someone will hire him eventually.

Let's face it, money talks and if a scummy guy like Saban is the highest paid coach in the NCAA I'd think Tressel would get a shot somewhere if he wants one (although he's probably made plenty of money). It'll be a few years and it depends on what the NCAA determines the charges are that follow him.

On a different note, I never really thought of Tressel as a NFL guy, but anybody think he'd pull a Pete Carroll (tm) and jump to the league after getting caught being dirty in college?

He didn't look the other way, he was complicit.

Saban self reported NCAA violations at Bama.

The charges will follow Tressel and the NCAA might give him a two to three year vacation.

He may jump to the pros, but to where.

If there is any coach in NCAA with huge character flaws and is a scumbag (as much as I dislike Saban) it is Petrino.

Saban self reported NCAA violations at Bama.

The charges will follow Tressel and the NCAA might give him a two to three year vacation.

He may jump to the pros, but to where.

If there is any coach in NCAA with huge character flaws and is a scumbag (as much as I dislike Saban) it is Petrino.

All good points, and let's not forget that Tressel is 59... say someone gives in and hires the guy, maybe in a couple years? He's no Joe Paterno, he's not coaching at that age.

He's done.

Do we have proof of that at this point? I know he was found to not turn in something once it was brought to his attention. I characterized that as "looking the other way". You think he was complicit in all these events? As in he knew about and was involved in the cars, tattoos, memorabillia selling, etc? I could see lack of institutional control, but I guess I just don't have all the info on how Tressel was actually involved in connecting players with perks.

Pryor has played his last game as a Buckeye. The city is turning on him fast after he showed up in a Z this morning. How can you be so dumb?

He is under a 90 day driving suspension to boot. It's time to let him go.

Fickell is going to have to make a decision soon with Pryor.

I dont even think it is a decision. If you are coming into this mess you have to draw a hard line in the sand. And its not like you are going to have him for the first half of the season anyway. Fickell has no choice now but to rebuild from the ground up and hope the NCAA doesnst shut you down completely. In fact, I will go as far to say that Posey, Boom, and the lot can go too. Braxton Miller come on down. Unless you transfer.

Edited by Cameltosis

Do we have proof of that at this point? I know he was found to not turn in something once it was brought to his attention. I characterized that as "looking the other way". You think he was complicit in all these events? As in he knew about and was involved in the cars, tattoos, memorabillia selling, etc? I could see lack of institutional control, but I guess I just don't have all the info on how Tressel was actually involved in connecting players with perks.

:wacko:

dude has been cheating from day 1, going back to Youngstown State days..........

you seriously think he wasn't involved in hooking up Pryor??

He had his handlers connect players with the perks. HE calls a buddy, "hey, jim, got this boy here, maurice, I'm gonna send him over to talk to you about a pony..."

dude has been cheating from day 1, going back to Youngstown State days..........

you seriously think he wasn't involved in hooking up Pryor??

He had his handlers connect players with the perks. HE calls a buddy, "hey, jim, got this boy here, maurice, I'm gonna send him over to talk to you about a pony..."

I guess I should frame this a bit better. I could definitely see that being the case. Just hadn't heard they had found tangible proof of it. I have a couple young kids and one, the other, or both at the same time have decided not to sleep much lately so I'm typically behind on the news and just wasn't sure if there were more smoking guns found about Tressel's complicity in the other issues like the cars.

OSU should have fired him the day they learned of this barring legal involvement,. which has not come to fruition. He had reason to believe improper benefits were being gained and he didn't report it, then later blatantly lied about knowing about it. Case closed, thanks for the fish, but you're done.

The sad thing is that the things coming out now happen at every school in every conference across the country. Perhaps not with the coach's involvement or knowledge, and perhaps not as pervasively as this, but it happens. Because it's Tressel, and because he lied about knowing in the first place, they now have a spotlight being shined up their ass and of course it's not a pretty sight. There isn't one big time program that would stand up to this scrutiny. Not Stanford, not Penn State, not Notre Dame. They all have some booster, some fan, some alumni that's greasing some kid's palm to stick around.

OSU should have fired him the day they learned of this barring legal involvement,. which has not come to fruition. He had reason to believe improper benefits were being gained and he didn't report it, then later blatantly lied about knowing about it. Case closed, thanks for the fish, but you're done.

The sad thing is that the things coming out now happen at every school in every conference across the country. Perhaps not with the coach's involvement or knowledge, and perhaps not as pervasively as this, but it happens. Because it's Tressel, and because he lied about knowing in the first place, they now have a spotlight being shined up their ass and of course it's not a pretty sight. There isn't one big time program that would stand up to this scrutiny. Not Stanford, not Penn State, not Notre Dame. They all have some booster, some fan, some alumni that's greasing some kid's palm to stick around.

This. No excuses, Tressel lied and had to go. Probably should have been canned earlier but wasnt and now they are dealing with it. All of this aside, if you dig deap enough in any program to start interviewing the Ray Small's of the world, 600 carreer receiving yards and an axe to grind, then you will find something. But the fact remains, if they are just up front from the beginning they dont get to Small.