[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did CBS Sportsline jack up their price, last year 89.99, this year $150!

euphy

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some of the FF sites have a special if u start the league or pay for the next year early. This might be one of those cases... With the lockout I have a feeling several leagues are going to be shopping around if/when we have a football season.

Don't know why anyone -- even if they've had their league with a site forever -- would pay actual American currency to host a league in this day and age.

What do you suggest? Euros? Pesos? Rupees? Yen? Krona?

I believe he's saying there are enough free sites out there that FF paysites should become a thing of the past...

My league has used Espn.com for the last couple years and we haven't had any problems other than minor stuff.

Some leagues just like the "customization" of paysites.... As Henry Ford once said "You can have a model T in any color you want as long as it's black."

Edited by osu1322

I believe he's saying there are enough free sites out there that FF paysites should become a thing of the past...

My league has used Espn.com for the last couple years and we haven't had any problems other than minor stuff.

Some leagues just like the "customization" of paysites....

Thanks for interpreting. Now I can go on with my day.

Last year it was 1/2 price because they screwed something up the year before so, as a mea-culpa, everyone was given the 1/2 price deal. This year, regular price once again. I've been trying to get my league to switch for years, but they always vote to keep it because it only costs $10-$15/person. :wacko:

Edited by The Next Generation

Last year it was 1/2 price because they screwed something up the year before so, as a mea-culpa, everyone was given the 1/2 price deal. This year, regular price once again. I've been trying to get my league to switch for years, but they always vote to keep it because it only costs $10-$15/person. :wacko:

last year we still paid $150...but I'm no longer even running a league and if I was, it wouldn't be with them...

:wacko:

These "almighty" mfl threads always crack me up. I am in multiple leagues...some that use mfl, some that use Sportsline. Each have their own advantages and disadvantages once you are up an running.

While the customization of mfl so I can have a pretty team page is nice, it takes a degree in computer programming to get there, and to make any changes to it. And even after its customized, it still looks and feels a bit 1990's. And from what I understand, importing all your league's history (every aspect of it) is arduous, if not impossible.

While Sportsline costs more, for a big money league with entry fees topping $3K for 10 teams, the extra $80-90 total is peanuts...and not worth the slower real-time scoring, the lost history of the league, and having to educate a bunch of guys on how to use a completely new site for free agents/settting lineups/trades/etc.

While Sportsline costs more, for a big money league with entry fees topping $3K for 10 teams, the extra $80-90 total is peanuts...and not worth the slower real-time scoring, the lost history of the league, and having to educate a bunch of guys on how to use a completely new site for free agents/settting lineups/trades/etc.

:tup: yourself.

You're talking about guys who play in $3K legues not being capable of clicking on a button and hitting enter without extensive training.

People piss away money on odd things. With me it's cigars and a decent bourbon. With you I guess it's using CBS Sportsline for FF management. But if you want to run a seriously in depth league, mfl is the way to go. Highly customizable rules and scoring with just about any scorable stat available in just about any way you choose to use it in your league.

I would think that would appeal to $3K players, rather than simplicity. Maybe not...

These "almighty" mfl threads always crack me up. I am in multiple leagues...some that use mfl, some that use Sportsline. Each have their own advantages and disadvantages once you are up an running.

While the customization of mfl so I can have a pretty team page is nice, it takes a degree in computer programming to get there, and to make any changes to it. And even after its customized, it still looks and feels a bit 1990's. And from what I understand, importing all your league's history (every aspect of it) is arduous, if not impossible.

Bingo

You're talking about guys who play in $3K legues not being capable of clicking on a button and hitting enter without extensive training.

I play in $100 leagues that have been used to Sportsline and getting 12 people from 30s to mid 40s to agree on ANYTHING is an act of congress. The commissioner rotates every year so there is no way to really force everyone to change. And when all is said and done, you're talking about saving someone about 6 or 7 bucks.

I play in $100 leagues that have been used to Sportsline and getting 12 people from 30s to mid 40s to agree on ANYTHING is an act of congress. The commissioner rotates every year so there is no way to really force everyone to change. And when all is said and done, you're talking about saving someone about 6 or 7 bucks.

That's $6/$7 per team that could end up as additonal winnings in someone's pocket at the end of the year, instead of ending up with CBS Sportline. Like I said, if that's the way you choose to spend your money that's your perrogative. For that price, I prefer another cigar and shot of bourbon while watching a game instead.

:wacko: yourself.

People piss away money on odd things. With me it's cigars and a decent bourbon. With you I guess it's using CBS Sportsline for FF management. But if you want to run a seriously in depth league, mfl is the way to go. Highly customizable rules and scoring with just about any scorable stat available in just about any way you choose to use it in your league.

I would think that would appeal to $3K players, rather than simplicity. Maybe not...

please read the parts in bold.

and as for your customizable scoring...meh. Our CBS scoring is just fine. I don't need to award a running back an extra .0001 point for having his shirt tucked in. I can customize exactly what I need and want with CBS....standard WCOFS scoring with some bonuses for various things, which is what 95% of fantasy leagues are set up ...and CBS handles that just fine.

Just because our league is a $300 entry, it doesn't mean that we have a bunch of rocket-scientists. Its guys that $300 is a drop in the bucket for some fun. So no, an extra $70 in the winners hand is not worth losing all our league history, an archaic site that takes ages to load, real-time scoring that is 3-4 minutes behind, and re-inventing a wheel we already have.

please read the parts in bold.

and as for your customizable scoring...meh. Our CBS scoring is just fine. I don't need to award a running back an extra .0001 point for having his shirt tucked in. I can customize exactly what I need and want with CBS....standard WCOFS scoring with some bonuses for various things, which is what 95% of fantasy leagues are set up ...and CBS handles that just fine.

Just because our league is a $300 entry, it doesn't mean that we have a bunch of rocket-scientists. Its guys that $300 is a drop in the bucket for some fun. So no, an extra $70 in the winners hand is not worth losing all our league history, an archaic site that takes ages to load, real-time scoring that is 3-4 minutes behind, and re-inventing a wheel we already have.

Yep. MFL ers have such a condescending attitude towards anyone that doesnt use MFL. When you spread out the cost of cbs over a 10-12 man league its peanuts . In fairness , all my IDP leagues are on MFL so i am not sure how CBS performs for IDP but for our everyday needs the extra 6-7 bucks each for cbs doesnt bother any of us in my 2 cbs leagues