[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Captain America

Pope Flick

Captain Yes. Holy chit this was a fun film, and the best of the Avengers lead ins, having both the best villain and a supremely sweet and touching unrequited love story for the girls. All cylinders, guilty of a touch of hokiness amd should not be missed if you like the Marvel movies. :wacko::tup:

Captain Yes. Holy chit this was a fun film, and the best of the Avengers lead ins, having both the best villain and a supremely sweet and touching unrequited love story for the girls. All cylinders, guilty of a touch of hokiness amd should not be missed if you like the Marvel movies. :wacko::tup:

I enjoyed it as well. Did you stay through the credits? I heard in advance that they were showing the trailer for Avengers and they did. Half the theater left but many stayed.

I will also say how surprised I was with the attendance. Opening day and I'm at the 7:40 show and I bet the theater was only 20% full. I was nervous of a sellout and bought my tickets on Tuesday. I showed up 30 minutes in advance to get good seats. Neither was necessary at all. I'm not a hugh movie goer. Is it because I watched the 3-D version?

Iron Man 1 wasn't even as good as Ed Norton Hulk Smash :wacko:

I think the Hulk was okay, but still you're smokin' crack if you are serious when you say it was better than Iron Man. Iron Man was the best of the bunch, but Captain America was a very fun addition to the Marvel/Avengers tie-in.

Edited by TDFFFreak

Norton's Hulk better than Iron Man? :lol:

I liked Jeff Bridges, but I was bored by the end with Iron Monger. Hey, I get it, RDJ was born for that role. But as a long time comic fan Norton's Hulk stands as a much better film IMO. Better villain and an equally great story. In fact, Thor is at least as good as Iron Man, if you can put down your RDJ man crush for a second... :wacko: And Cap beats them all. :tup:

I liked Jeff Bridges, but I was bored by the end with Iron Monger. Hey, I get it, RDJ was born for that role. But as a long time comic fan Norton's Hulk stands as a much better film IMO. Better villain and an equally great story. In fact, Thor is at least as good as Iron Man, if you can put down your RDJ man crush for a second... :wacko: And Cap beats them all. :tup:

While I do agree that the Iron Monger ending/angle was just so-so, there were so many other elements that made that movie a lot of fun that it just didn't matter that much in terms of ruining my enjoyment of Iron Man. And yes, RDJ was a big reason for the movie's success, but that's often why good movies work.

The Hulk may be underrated (the 2nd one, not the Ang Lee version-- that one sucked), but it was largely forgetable.

Saw it today. Fantastic flick and brought back good memories of impatiently waiting for the next issue to hit the stands when I was a kid (yes, I'm that old).

I paid the extra to see it in 3D. Not that it wasn't worth seeing in 3D (or any format), I want to see it again, but I didn't get much of a 3D ride out of it as you would expect in a shoot 'em up flick. There was only one place, when Cap's shield came right at us, did I notice any of us "duck". The 3D was a little distracting for me, waiting to have a tank turret come flying at me or something. It also made the CGI much more noticeable in his "skinny body". I have been told that in the pure digital version you can hardly ever tell, but in 3D, I got a feeling he was a "floating head" on more than one occasion. The 3D preview of some hot chick in a white bikini getting attacked by a shark before the movie started was the best 3D effect of the day!

I guess I will have to see all the Marvels now before next summer to get a feel for all the characters and how they have developed them in a modern cinematic sense. Time to collect the series. It is a little weird that in order to make the story fit into our time, the Tony Stark we see is the son of the Tony Stark portrayed in the movie who is the son of the industrial giant Howard Stark, I think. :wacko: Well, maybe I shouldn't be such a purist.

It was wild walking out of the theatre and being able to relate to the comments of some of the other "old guys' there. Few of us ever believed we would see our childhood heroes brought to life like this.

What is very cool is that I am able to share my experiences with these guys (The Avengers) that I had as a kid with my son. I made my Shield out of a trash can lid just like the kid at the end of the movie (it really came in hady during our BB gun wars :tup: ) The Avengers faded off for such a long time, and now that my boy is nine, I have something that I can share and relate to with him at that "kid" level.

Avengers Assemble!

See it. You'll love it!