[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Olive Garden

nuke'em ttg

I think I confused myself, and then everyone else by talking about regionality :wacko: ... I never meant to bring up Italian regions, I really just thought more Italian joints on the east coast would feature gnocchi since they were likely owned by first or second generation Italians as opposed to a place like California. I frequented at least 4-5 in SoCal and only one was owned by a straight-up paisan.

when you mentioned it, i thought you were writing about regions of italy and regions of the usa. while sf has a strong italian community (with it's fair share of red sauce joints), i think we see more southern influenced italian restaurants on the east coast..... hence less gnocchi. california cuisine, in general, focuses on natural locally fresh grown ingredients...lightly cooked. gnocchi is a lighter pasta and fits right in.

when you mentioned it, i thought you were writing about regions of italy and regions of the usa. while sf has a strong italian community (with it's fair share of red sauce joints), i think we see more southern influenced italian restaurants on the east coast..... hence less gnocchi. california cuisine, in general, focuses on natural locally fresh grown ingredients...lightly cooked. gnocchi is a lighter pasta and fits right in.

:wacko: dude i know you know your food and i am a novice when it comes to food but isn't gnocchi a heavier pasta?

fyi this is making me wicked hungry and the last thing on the diet's menu is pasta :tup:

:wacko: dude i know you know your food and i am a novice when it comes to food but isn't gnocchi a heavier pasta?

fyi this is making me wicked hungry and the last thing on the diet's menu is pasta :tup:

+1

Like eating lead shot. Little lumps of potato pasta

I think I confused myself, and then everyone else by talking about regionality :tup: ... I never meant to bring up Italian regions, I really just thought more Italian joints on the east coast would feature gnocchi since they were likely owned by first or second generation Italians as opposed to a place like California. I frequented at least 4-5 in SoCal and only one was owned by a straight-up paisan.

Nick's, get the pizza. Philadelphia Sandwiches, get the Italian sausage sandwich. I can't believe how badly I miss those places. It almost makes me want to move home. :wacko:

Come on back..... we'll still take ya.

they are supposed to be light "little pillows." the best ones i've had are not dense dough balls.

chain restaurants suck. they have boring, bland, unimaginative food that can be easily mass produced. If that makes me a snob, so be it. I have limited $$ to spend on dining out experiences. fk if I'm going to piss away my hard earned coin on crappy food.

• 7 months later...
My first visit to Olive Garden was during midafternoon, so I could be sure to get in. After a late breakfast, I figured a late lunch would be fashionable.

Man, if I had a nickel for every time I've said those things.

My booth was near the kitchen, and I watched the waiters in white shirts, ties, black trousers and aprons adorned with gold-colored towels. They were busy at midday, punching in orders and carrying out bread and pasta.

One server in particular, a light brown gentleman named Juan, particularly caught my attention. Beneath my cotton Hanes briefs, I began to feel a bit of a ruckus, and my thoughts flooded back to '42 when Harold returned from the war, bless his soul.

At length, I asked my server what he would recommend. He suggested chicken Alfredo

I said, "How about some sausage de Juan?", and he blushed.

He first brought me the familiar Olive Garden salad bowl with crisp greens, peppers, onion rings and yes — several black olives. Along with it came a plate with two long, warm breadsticks.
I immediately slid a breadstick into my mouth while staring deeply into Juan's chocolate brown eyes, then took it back out, then shoved it back in. Juan's upper lip began to tremble, and he said, "Aye Dios mio...señora...", then suddenly excused himself and dashed back into the kitchen.

The chicken Alfredo ($10.95) was warm and comforting on a cold day, just like the feelings Juan stirred within me. The portion was generous, as was the lump growing within Juan's crisply-pressed black trousers. Juan was ready with Parmesan cheese, and I was ready for whatever else he could dish out, and I'm not just talking about reasonably priced Italian food!

I was taught long ago that a lady doesn't kiss and tell, but suffice to say that Juan brought me to climax over and over and over again that night. And we have another date for next Saturday evening! Here's a tip for my loyal readers -- I'd buy lots of stock in Johnson & Johnson, makers of K-Y Jelly if I were you! Oh dear, I guess I did just spill the beans there, didn't I?

Olive Garden is part of the Darden chain of restaurants that also operates Red Lobster. There are about 700 restaurants, including four Olive Gardens in North Dakota’s major cities.

Olive Garden has gained a following since 1982 with its ample portions and relaxed ambience. It’s known for its classic lasagna, fettuccine Alfredo and chicken Parmigiana.

• Like 2