[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Day in Sconny

Yukon Cornelius

Here we go . . . .

Either gbpfan and tosberg will be drunk with celebration tonight or enraged that the recalls actually happened.

Either way, this is another sad chapter in how ugly and divisive politics have become. :wacko:

Will be very happy if all incumbents win. Will never be happy that these recalls happened.

Actually had tow dudes stop by my house Sunday to campaign for Nusbaum who is against the incumbent Cowles. I gladly stopped my lawn mower and said hello and said I would be happy to listen to them if they could explain one simple things. I said - tell me specifically what Cowles did to justify a recall election against him. All I wanted was one thing they could tell me that would be a reason to have Cowles potentially lose the position he was elected to serve.

Both dudes stared at me for 10 seconds and had nothing to say - Exactly why these recalls should not be happening.

These recalls are about nothing more than the D's and unions losing power. It has nothing to do with the Budget or anything else for that matter.

And, apparently, elections DO have consequences: You get recalled for casting a vote (instead of fleeing like babies to another state).

Edited by tosberg34

If a recall works in a particular race will there then be another recall? What about if the incumbant wins his seat twice, will he yet be subject to recall? Can the winners recall the voters rights to vote so that there will be no more recalls?

I should have had some poly sci classes back in the day.

If a recall works in a particular race will there then be another recall? What about if the incumbant wins his seat twice, will he yet be subject to recall? Can the winners recall the voters rights to vote so that there will be no more recalls?

I should have had some poly sci classes back in the day.

I believe WI senators are eligible for recall 6 months or 1 year after they are elected. So, in short, you have a small windows where you can't be recalled but otherwise anyone can be recalled at anytime.

How about we recall the 14 senators who fled? That is where the recall efforts should have been directed (although, some of them still may be in that "window" I talked about yet).

Edited by tosberg34

I believe WI senators are eligible for recall 6 months or 1 year after they are elected. So, in short, you have a small windows where you can't be recalled but otherwise anyone can be recalled at anytime.

How about we recall the 14 senators who fled? That is where the recall efforts should have been directed (although, some of them still may be in that "window" I talked about yet).

If they fled again before the vote was tallied would they be unseated by the new winner? If they won could they come back and resume their service even though they had twice fled?

Would this tat undo their tit? Such a tempest and fury this all is. Clearly a game for those more ardent than I.

If they fled again before the vote was tallied would they be unseated by the new winner? If they won could they come back and resume their service even though they had twice fled?

Would this tat undo their tit? Such a tempest and fury this all is. Clearly a game for those more ardent than I.

All points...good are they.

I suspected you might find mirth in my reply.

Ahh, yes but it is with good fortune that our fates are intertwined on this night of dubious recall misdeeds. For it is not without joy that I find your questions (that you pose) caught betwixt humour and thoughts of the noblest of minds.

Edited by tosberg34

Is there an equitable argument that winning incumbants deserve a term from their current victory In a real way they have been denied some of the benefit of their time in office with this cloud hanging over their term and with the work of the legislature thwarted by the loyal opposition having fled the state for so long.

Is there an equitable argument that winning incumbants deserve a term from their current victory In a real way they have been denied some of the benefit of their time in office with this cloud hanging over their term and with the work of the legislature thwarted by the loyal opposition having fled the state for so long.

I think the argument is that what they did once they had power wasn't what they campaigned on. They were elected to sort out a budget mess but they decided to go union-busting as well. The GOP may have tried to bite off more than it could chew. Perhaps bite sized chunks would have been a better strategy.

I think the argument is that what they did once they had power wasn't what they campaigned on. They were elected to sort out a budget mess but they decided to go union-busting as well. The GOP may have tried to bite off more than it could chew. Perhaps bite sized chunks would have been a better strategy.

Yep. These balanced budgets and no layoffs really suck.