[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aggies to the SEC?

darin3

:wacko: It's pretty simple. My pops and I shared sports as a passion growing up. He's from Chicago, born and bred. I've been a Bear, Cub and Bull fan since I can remember. And I've explained the UT thing now several times. Would things be different had I been accepted to and attended UCLA? I'm pretty sure it would be. I had no college football team to root for. When I started looking at grad schools, it just happened.

Quite frankly, I could give a rat's ass how you "roll", or what others think. :tup:

fine- you just came across as a thin -skinned whiner in your original post, that's all

quite frankly, if a transplanted ASU fan here in Phx got their panties in a bunch bc and deleted me bc of UA posts I made on FB, I could give a rat's ass............

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fine- you just came across as a thin -skinned whiner in your original post, that's all

quite frankly, if a transplanted ASU fan here in Phx got their panties in a bunch bc and deleted me bc of UA posts I made on FB, I could give a rat's ass............

Eh, just sick of folks insinuating and trying their best to talk junk when all they sound like is a third grader. More of the same from the same assclowns, I'm sure you would agree there.

And I'll admit, I only gave a portion of the story in my first, thin-skinned whiny post. The clown was bugging the crap out of me with non-A&M stuff well before the diatribe about how A&M rules and UT drools. That, again, was simply the last straw.

I agree with you on your last point.

Eh, just sick of folks insinuating and trying their best to talk junk when all they sound like is a third grader. More of the same from the same assclowns, I'm sure you would agree there.

And I'll admit, I only gave a portion of the story in my first, thin-skinned whiny post. The clown was bugging the crap out of me with non-A&M stuff well before the diatribe about how A&M rules and UT drools. That, again, was simply the last straw.

all good, college football season can't get here fast enough!

Who again is the 3rd grader?

Edited by Brent

Wouldn't the SEC rather take Oklahoma than aTm? If the SEC grabbed Okie and an eastern team like Florida State, where would that leave aTm? People would look back and say those knucklheads should've jumped ship when they had the chance.

Just my .2cents.

Texas A&M joining the SEC makes more sense to me than OK. Besides the obvious larger TV markets in Texas aka Houston & Dallas, I just can't see too many SEC fans getting excited about vacationing in Oklahoma every other year. On the SEC east side I would like to see either Florida State or Clemson however the Gators and the Gamecocks won't likely let that happen.

Texas A&M joining the SEC makes more sense to me than OK. Besides the obvious larger TV markets in Texas aka Houston & Dallas, I just can't see too many SEC fans getting excited about vacationing in Oklahoma every other year. On the SEC east side I would like to see either Florida State or Clemson however the Gators and the Gamecocks won't likely let that happen.

LMAO, like Baton Rouge, Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Starkville, Fayetteville , Oxford, knoxville, Athens, and Lexington are exciting vacation destinations. :wacko:

Dallas doesnt televise A@M unless they are playing Texas or OU. A@M doesnt pull anything more than the southeast part of the state. OU pulls more audience from the state of Texas than A@M does, especially in Dallas.

Just a clueless post all the way around.

If Oklahoma leaves the Big 12, it will be to go West rather than South.

I guess the point is that is aTm is probably looking at the future being unstable in the B12. I'm sure Texas would like to keep it the way it is as they can have their way with the conference. Nebraska was one of the few schools that didn't vote in favor of every Texas proposal. The Texas influence is only going to grow and say Oklahoma (who is a much better football program than aTm in every way) does agree with some of the other B12 schools that they are tired of UT and they go join the PAC12/16. There will be some schools left out and I'm thinking aTm is trying to make darn sure that they don't have to worry about that. They won't compete in the SEC anymore than they are in the B12, but their future would be secure. Maybe that's enough to make a program jump ship these days. :wacko:

I guess the point is that is aTm is probably looking at the future being unstable in the B12. I'm sure Texas would like to keep it the way it is as they can have their way with the conference. Nebraska was one of the few schools that didn't vote in favor of every Texas proposal. The Texas influence is only going to grow and say Oklahoma (who is a much better football program than aTm in every way) does agree with some of the other B12 schools that they are tired of UT and they go join the PAC12/16. There will be some schools left out and I'm thinking aTm is trying to make darn sure that they don't have to worry about that. They won't compete in the SEC anymore than they are in the B12, but their future would be secure. Maybe that's enough to make a program jump ship these days. :tup:

Have their way... on the field? Or "politically"? If it's the former, I don't know about that. I think the Horns have quite a ways to go to even approach where they've been in the past several years.

But I do agree that the Aggies moving to the SEC would protect their financial interests. On the field, though, they'd be Vanderbilt West.

And yeah, as things transpire, it does appear that we may be headed towards the SuperConference thing. The Longhorn Network may be forcing the chasm even further and faster, too. :wacko:

Have their way... on the field? Or "politically"? If it's the former, I don't know about that. I think the Horns have quite a ways to go to even approach where they've been in the past several years.

Sorry, I meant politically (things like having the B12 championship at Jerry world). Nebraska might have been a hurdle on the field, but (due to some unknown voodoo) the longhorns did win like 95% of the meetings between the two schools. :wacko:

Sorry, I meant politically (things like having the B12 championship at Jerry world). Nebraska might have been a hurdle on the field, but (due to some unknown voodoo) the longhorns did win like 95% of the meetings between the two schools. :wacko:

Then yeah. I was bummed when the news came down that NU was headed out. I was looking forward to going to see a game up in Lincoln.

On a side note, something went out in the mail to ya yesterday. Be on the lookout. :tup:

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah what the heck are THEY thinking? Pretty funny all around.

I actually "de-friended" some clown on Facebook today as a result of this deal. Not that you all give two hoots, but it's this dude my wife met at the gym (before you get any ideas, he WORKED at the gym and signed her up for a membership... and just so happened to be in "my industry", so we talked on the phone and traded emails and became FB friends). Anywhoo, this dolt is always postin' A&M crap, of course with "gig 'ems" and BTWHOLDOSA or whatever-the-hell they say. I finally had enough of this tool after this paragraph-long diatribe... UT this, UT that, gig 'em, BTWHOLAUH and A&M is going to kick azz in the SEC blah blah blah. And he said that they'd be great recruiters in the Southeast. :wacko:

A&M will be lucky to get bowl eligible every season in the SEC, and could have been perennial championship contenders in the ever-weakening Big-12. Tech sucks, UT has a long way to go, Baylor and Iowa State will always be also-rans. Only consistently good team is OU, with Okie St. looking quite promising, like A&M.

I guess I shouldn't complain. Screw A&M, we'll bring in Houston and some other scrub so it can be Texas and the Oklahoma schools battling it out every season.

And one more :tup: about A&M being able to recruit out of Texas.

:lol: GIG 'EM :rofl:

P.S. I still love you, Polky. Don't be mad.

Just made it to this thread. I really hope they don't go SEC. That is a bunch of white trash low life schools.

That being said if they did leave it would greatly increase the wins on tu's schedule.

That being said if they did leave it would greatly increase the wins on tu's schedule.

Huh? I'm not fluent in Texan, but are you saying that if aTm goes to the SEC, it would greatly increase the wins for U of Texas? I guess it depends on who they get to replace aTm in the big12. The aggies haven't been a powerhouse but I guess they are better than the Houton/SMUs of the world. :wacko:

Huh? I'm not fluent in Texan, but are you saying that if aTm goes to the SEC, it would greatly increase the wins for U of Texas? I guess it depends on who they get to replace aTm in the big12. The aggies haven't been a powerhouse but I guess they are better than the Houton/SMUs of the world. :tup:

He's required by Aggie Law to use the word "sip" or "TU" in each post here in the College Forum. That's the only way he could mix it in.

Also, there's no way SMU or Houston joins the Big 12. Not a chance.

If BYU hadn't just gone independent, I'd say there were the surest thing.

Houston's a commuter school that, while up and coming, doesn't have enough to offer the conference. There are already boatloads of UT (and even OU) honks in the Houston metropolis.

Ditto with SMU, which is doing better these days, but is in a rinky-dink stadium and the Dallas market is completely saturated by ex-Horns and ex-Sooners.

I think once the little whiny biatches take their ball and go get their AZZES handed to them by the SEC, the Big 12 will be looking outside the existing footprint of the conference... but not TOO far as to mess with scheduling, etc.

Definitely a crossroads for college football, and it's at its all time popularity. Can't wait til this time next week. :wacko: (although I may not be able to watch the UT game - stupid Longhorn Network)

Definitely a crossroads for college football, and it's at its all time popularity. Can't wait til this time next week. :wacko: (although I may not be able to watch the UT game - stupid Longhorn Network)

Why, you're not gay?

Huh? I'm not fluent in Texan, but are you saying that if aTm goes to the SEC, it would greatly increase the wins for U of Texas? I guess it depends on who they get to replace aTm in the big12. The aggies haven't been a powerhouse but I guess they are better than the Houton/SMUs of the world. :wacko:

They normally beat the gay orange about every other year.

:wacko: I guess the reason I guessed Houston/SMU is because of the politics involved. I could be way off, but I was kind of thinking that the only way the politicians would let aTm get out of the B12 (thus devaluing and / or creating more instability in the B12) was if they picked up another Texas school to get a chunk of the B12 money. If I was the B12, I'd definitely look into another area but I keep hearing about "Texas politics" and I'm not sure if that is a real or perceived hurdle.

:wacko: I guess the reason I guessed Houston/SMU is because of the politics involved. I could be way off, but I was kind of thinking that the only way the politicians would let aTm get out of the B12 (thus devaluing and / or creating more instability in the B12) was if they picked up another Texas school to get a chunk of the B12 money. If I was the B12, I'd definitely look into another area but I keep hearing about "Texas politics" and I'm not sure if that is a real or perceived hurdle.

The politicians can flap their gums all they want, but it will be the Big 12 bigwigs that make the final say. And I really, really doubt they'd take one of those two schools. If TCU were a possibility, they MIGHT consider them given their recent successes, but I think that's a pipe dream.

Could a current SEC school defect? I've heard grumblings, although it doesn't really make much sense for them. That said, a team like Arkansas could instantly become a contender every season if they jumped ship and came to the Big 12.

For a fan of an engineering school, you are TERRIBLE with numbers, and not even close. Historically it's closer to you guys losing two out of three. :wacko: BIG DIFFERENCE.

Look at the last 25 years barak

The Big 12 made this bed now they have to lie in it. They gave the Longhorn Network to Texas to entice them to stay without regard to the impact it would have on the rest of the conference. A&M made it clear at that time they were not happy with that decision. Texas made a decision that was in the best interest of Texas and not in the best interest of the conference. So it should not surprise anybody that A&M is making a decision that is in the best interest of A&M and not the conference.

If you don't think the Longhorn Network doesn't give Texas an even bigger recruiting advantage in Texas then you are naive.

Personally I believe that A&M will have more success recruiting in Texas as an SEC team than as a Big 12 team. Certainly they will be better off financially and have secured a more stable future.

One other note - you guys are only talking football. All of the other athletic programs at A&M will be competitive in the SEC.

Edited by Grits and Shins