[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft strategy and Keeper options - Gore, DWill, or VJax?

Steelhead

EDIT: I have kept Gore and VJax and question is now centered around drafting

12 team 2 man keeper league with 1/2 ppr. Start QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE. Until this weekend I was pretty solid on Gore and VJax but now reconsidering DWill over Gore possibly. Sadly I draft in the 1.02 slot. The #1 pick will probably be a WR since the the guy drafting 1.01 has Brady and McCoy and if he waits until 2.12 to pick a WR he is screwed from the get go. Having said that here's the top talent most likely available at my selection:

Mendenhall

Forte - (owner is keeping Vick and AP right now so it's possible he keeps Forte over Vick)

Austin

Wallace

Wayne

Bowe - He's currently on my team and could be a keeper option

Stevie Johnson

My original plan was to Keep Gore and VJax and draft Mendy at 1.02. Then with my 2.11 and 3.02 scoop up my WR2 and either QB or my WR3 if Rivers is still out there (doubt it)

Keeping Gore/VJax would give me a RB combo of Gore/Mendy with VJax as my WR1 followed up with probably something like Ocho, Harvin, Holmes if I'm lucky. I did a mock and ended up with Steve Johnson at 2.12 but I don't see that happening.

I guess my question is what are your thoughts on Mendy/Gore vs Mendy/DWill...I think it's Gore but that poor play of the line has me nervous. The other option is to go VJax and Bowe as keepers to go with drafting Mendenhall. Then grab a RB in the 2nd like Benson, Grant, Tolbert...

scoring is:

1pt/2 rec with a 2 pt bonus at 10 rec; 1pt/5 comp

1pt/20yd rush/rec; 1pt/50yd passing; 0.5pt/20yd IKR/IPR

bonus: 2pt @100 rush; 3pt @150 rush/rec; 2pt @200 rush/rec

3pt bonus @300yd passing, 2pt bonus @400yd

6pt TDs, 4pt passing TD

Edited by Steelhead

Personally i'd lean with your current approach and keep Gore and VJax and draft your RB2 with your first pick, especially with Mendy or Forte likely there.

I like DWill, but he is as much if not a bigger risk than Gore IMO. You just never know how carolina will split the carries, though I believe DWill wil lstill get the majority, and you also have to think that Carolina will be falling behind often and bandoning the run in the 2nd half of games, limiting the potential carries for DWill even further.

Thanks appreciate the thoughts. Will know for sure what's available when keepers lock this weekend. My only real hesitation was VJax or Bowe. I guess I'm jumping on the bandwagon that Vincent will bounce back to 2009 type numbers and that Bowe's last year was an abberation.

Ok so I did a mock with a couple of guys in the league (we ususally do this once before the draft). The guy with #1 pick that has Brady/McCoy as keepers took Mendenhall so I had to choose Forte. Right now I view both RBs as the same but I wonder if I should pass on Forte and take Wallace at 1.02. to go with VJAx and Gore. My 2nd rd pick could end up being Benson, Moreno, possibly DWill.

Or just take Forte (as I did in my mock) and Stevie Jackson and Harvin both fell to me

EDIT: I did keep Gore and VJax

Edited by Steelhead