[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sad Day for College Football

neilfish2

We have this discussion every year. When a team only has to focus and get up for 1-2 games all season and the rest of the season is beating up on easy teams, it's a lot easier to get up for those 1-2 teams.

I have to wonder how Boise St would do playing Alabama, LSU, Auburn, and Georgia in consecutive games. How would Boise St do if they had to play the #9, #16, #17, #2, #10, and #15 ranked teams (see LSU).

well, no chit. How about instead of beating this dead horse every year we just give them props for being a helluva program and showing up in BCS bowl games. i must have missed the WAC/Mountain West is a tougher than the SEC argument.........

Good gawd u guys are ridiculous. It is already well establashed they can run the table and they WILL NOT be in the NC game, and they always represent themselves quite well on the national stage. 2011 rinse and repeat by going into UGA and beating the chit outta UGA who looks like they will challenge for the SEC E title.

What Peterson is doing in Boise is as impressive as anything in the country.

• Like 1

well, no chit. How about instead of beating this dead horse every year we just give them props for being a helluva program and showing up in BCS bowl games. i must have missed the WAC/Mountain West is a tougher than the SEC argument.........

Good gawd u guys are ridiculous. It is already well establashed they can run the table and they WILL NOT be in the NC game, and they always represent themselves quite well on the national stage. 2011 rinse and repeat by going into UGA and beating the chit outta UGA who looks like they will challenge for the SEC E title.

What Peterson is doing in Boise is as impressive as anything in the country.

:wacko: What he said.

Meh, we kicked the sh!t out of them a few years back... Not so much this year.

And, an 8 win SEC team has never played in the title game and in many cases is barely ranked in the top 25. So, what this boils down to is the fact that Boise would be a middle of the pack team in most conferences. Like a GT, UGA, Okie St., Penn St., etc... Able to come out and beat any team when they are "up" but in most cases not an elite title contender.

Disagree. Boise State is and has been a better college footbal team than any of those you mentioned. It's a "tired" argument. The proof is on the field and Boise State has proven that they are an elite football program by what they have done on the field, in their conference, out of their conference, in bowl games and on the road playing "so called" great programs.

Disagree. Boise State is and has been a better college footbal team than any of those you mentioned. It's a "tired" argument. The proof is on the field and Boise State has proven that they are an elite football program by what they have done on the field, in their conference, out of their conference, in bowl games and on the road playing "so called" great programs.

Over the last 6 years what is Boise State's record against UGA?

Edited by SEC=UGA

Over the last 6 years what is Boise State's record against UGA?

I haven't a clue? But, what I do know is they are an elite program regardless of what conference they play in. They have a 70% winning percentage in bowl games and they are the winningest Division 1-A football program since 1998 @ 102-24 :wacko:

I haven't a clue? But, what I do know is they are an elite program regardless of what conference they play in. They have a 70% winning percentage in bowl games and they are the winningest Division 1-A football program since 1998 @ 102-24 :wacko:

I grant that they are a good football team and a good football program. I assert that any of the perennial Top 10-15 teams would have a similar or better record if they switched conferences with Boise St. and that Boise St. would not have a 70% winning percentage in bowl games or be the winningest Division 1A program.

I grant that they are a good football team and a good football program. I assert that any of the perennial Top 10-15 teams would have a similar or better record if they switched conferences with Boise St. and that Boise St. would not have a 70% winning percentage in bowl games or be the winningest Division 1A program.

I agree with most of what you said, with the exception of the 70% bowl winning percentage? If they played in a tougher conference and had a lesser record they would play lesser caliber teams in bowl games than what they have been playing. IMO, their winning percentage might climb.

I agree with most of what you said, with the exception of the 70% bowl winning percentage? If they played in a tougher conference and had a lesser record they would play lesser caliber teams in bowl games than what they have been playing. IMO, their winning percentage might climb.

True...but they may not have had as many BCS Bowl games.

@ Fresno State ...... historically a pretty solid college football program who has never shied away from playing tough non-conference games .......

Boise State 57 Fresno State 7

Yep, Boise State is as elite as they come :wacko:

You mean that 4 loss Fresno St team........? How did they get past them??

I don't know? The same way I guess they get by everyone else ..... by beating their A$$ :tup: Wow, that shellacking of Georgia looks better and better every week doesn't it? :wacko:

Why, because they beat them in the first week, when they looked like a completely different crappy version of the same team?

Face it, by them showing up for that 1 game, they have a joke of a schedule to get through to get to the NC... I hope they put in 1 and 2 loss teams from the big conferences before they do that...

Why, because they beat them in the first week, when they looked like a completely different crappy version of the same team?

Face it, by them showing up for that 1 game, they have a joke of a schedule to get through to get to the NC... I hope they put in 1 and 2 loss teams from the big conferences before they do that...

Typical response. It just gets better :wacko:

They will. Boise State has no claim to ANYTHING. If you want to be wear big-boy pants, play in a big-boy conference. Until then, enjoy beating up on the women and small children, and enjoy beating up on some BCS team in the bowl game that feels so belittled to the fact that they have to play you in a bowl game that they aren't even going to bother showing up. Boise St is a perennial 8-9 game winner in a real conference and therefore deserves to be treated as such. They might be one of the best 25 teams in the country, but that is the absolute roof.

They will. Boise State has no claim to ANYTHING. If you want to be wear big-boy pants, play in a big-boy conference. Until then, enjoy beating up on the women and small children, and enjoy beating up on some BCS team in the bowl game that feels so belittled to the fact that they have to play you in a bowl game that they aren't even going to bother showing up. Boise St is a perennial 8-9 game winner in a real conference and therefore deserves to be treated as such. They might be one of the best 25 teams in the country, but that is the absolute roof.

Honestly, I can get with the "if you want respect, play in a big boy conference" bit and completely understand that it's one thing to have to get up for one or two games against solid teams than it is to have to go through them week in and week out.

Honestly, that goes for everyone. Including schools in bigger conferences that may be down that year and haven't scheduled a good OOC schedule.

It's really a fine argument and a great reason why we should have a play-off rather than just voting on two teams.

However, you lose me when you take it to the extreme and insist that they "might" be one of the 25 best teams but that's the absolute roof. No, the absolute roof is #1. They might be that good, in any given year.

Obviously, were they in the SEC, they wouldn't be going undefeated or losing only one game year in and year out. Then again, nobody in the SEC does. Auburn did last year, but won't this year. Bama did two years ago, but didn't last year. And so on. But, as foolish as it is to assume that BSU would put up the kind of records they do, year in and year out were they in the SEC, it's also as foolish to think they couldn't ever do it were they in a stronger conference.

Also, why do we have to always compare it to the SEC? OU and Texas often had the luxury of playing a relatively soft (even if not as soft as the WAC or MWC) schedule and just having to get up for each other (if that). The Big Ten was pretty unremarkable many of the years that OSU was running things, and they hardly schedule a murderer's row in OOC. I think BSU could routinely put up 10-11 win seasons with the occasional 12 win if it were playing in those conferences. Pac 10? Same story. The lower tier schools in that conference are better than most of the teams BSU plays in conference, but BSU is destroying those teams, so they might just be getting closer games. And the two that the Pac 10 just added certainly wouldn't change that.

As far as the ACC and Big East is concerned... Well, they're not concerned because they both suck.

You're wrong on so many of your posts it's actually getting comical.

You're wrong on so many of your posts it's actually getting comical.

Solid info here. Way to come with it big guy, proud of ya.

I've had to watch dozens of BSU games over the last 5-7 years. There are just way too many positions where they are too small and/or too slow to compete in BCS conferences. They've got great coaching, and they've had very good skill play in recent years, but they're incredibly lucky that they haven't had to expose themselves on a weekly basis to Varsity level football teams, and if they did, they would play in a BCS bowl, well, MAYBE once in an era, and I have serious doubts about going that far. Do you actually watch any of their games or do you just know everything because you're the Professor? Is your name Vince by chance?

Edited by Seahawks21

And, an 8 win SEC team has never played in the title game and in many cases is barely ranked in the top 25.

...but wouldn't any random NFL team be LUCKY to get 8 wins in the SEC?

Also I think some of who say they don't have the talent that a BCS conference team has - probably true; of course, if they were IN a BCS conference, they'd get better talent. That issue solves itself.

Also I think some of who say they don't have the talent that a BCS conference team has - probably true; of course, if they were IN a BCS conference, they'd get better talent. That issue solves itself.

I buy that to a point, but they're still in Boise, Idaho.

...but wouldn't any random NFL team be LUCKY to get 8 wins in the SEC?

Hmmm, This years Colts, Bengals, Chiefs, Panthers, Jaguars and Browns might fit that bill.