[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Spotify

kpholmes

:wacko:

Essentially it's an integration of Napster, iTunes, Netflix, etc...

Pretty much every album of every artist at your fingertips to stream live. (Unlike Pandora, you can listen to whatever you want)

The free version is unlimited music with an ad every eight songs or so, and the $10/month version gives you no ads and lets you stream to your phone as well.

The social aspect of it (logging in with Facebook) lets you see your friends' top albums, artists, etc... is pretty cool.

Enjoy :tup:

Edited by kpholmes

I thought it sounded like the best thing ever, signed up for a beta account as soon as they started offering them...then I got it. don't really love the interface, but it's ok. search for one album, they don't have it. search for another album, they don't have it. these were not obscure albums either. ok this "every album ever" thing is clearly a bit of an overstatement. so, I dunno, fiddled around with it for a few hours the first couple days, but that's about it so far.

I've been much more happy using the amazon cloud player, where I've uploaded 30,000+ tracks I can access from anywhere instantly.

Can you download the songs to your PC / Itunes Account ? I know a friend :wacko: who has a great app that allows me to download music, and then pull them off through Itunes onto my PC. It has replaced Limewire for him. :tup:

• 3 months later...
I've been much more happy using the amazon cloud player, where I've uploaded 30,000+ tracks I can access from anywhere instantly.

That's a colossal amount of music, so how much does that quantity cost, given that only the first 5GB is free? I have been thinking of doing mine but I have 160GB with more to come so I can't see how it would make sense financially.

ETA: OK, never mind. It would cost me $200 / year. F that.

Edited by Ursa Majoris

That's a colossal amount of music, so how much does that quantity cost, given that only the first 5GB is free? I have been thinking of doing mine but I have 160GB with more to come so I can't see how it would make sense financially.

ETA: OK, never mind. It would cost me $200 / year. F that.

you're reading it wrong. with any paid storage plan (starting at 20 GB of data for $20/year), you get unlimited mp3 storage free. so you pay for 20GB of space to back up docs or photos or whatever, all your mp3 are stored free.

or just pay for amazon prime and get all that comes along with that for 80 bucks or whatever.

you're reading it wrong. with any paid storage plan (starting at 20 GB of data for $20/year), you get unlimited mp3 storage free. so you pay for 20GB of space to back up docs or photos or whatever, all your mp3 are stored free.

or just pay for amazon prime and get all that comes along with that for 80 bucks or whatever.

Not according to what it says when I click "upgrade my plan". And most of my files are M4A anyway, not MP3.