[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fav IPA beer

BeeR

Yes Pliney goes quick, very quick. Though if SM can get 750's for under $5 then it would vanish in minutes around here at the local bottle shops. Goes for close to double that and is hit and miss at best then. Worth the wait and trouble though not a traditional IPA by any means. This particular type of beer has been bastardized more than any other over the past several years. Mostly to the good, but certainly not a typical IPA by far. Hence Doubles, Imperials, Blacks etc, etc etc. That being said Sierra Nevadas Ruthless Rye IPA is one of this years best stretches for sure. Peppery Rye, dark, yet citrusey and strong with fresh cones very prominent. Get some while you can.

Really? Seriously..I thought Fat Tire was an IPA. Doesn't matter, I'd order Fat Tire over any IPA on the market. Well except for Arrogant Bastard. Don't tell me that is not an IPA as well.

:wacko: Umm. Arrogant bastard is not an IPA either Taz. But it IS an ale, so you are getting closer.

Marco!

Budweiser? No no. Fat tire?

:wacko: Umm. Arrogant bastard is not an IPA either Taz. But it IS an ale, so you are getting closer.

Marco!

Budweiser? No no. Fat tire?

In fairness, it's sort of vaguely labeled to retain some secrecy and cache by the brewery. And, yes, it is classified as a "Strong American Ale" by BA. However, it's a strong and hoppy ale that likely has a recipe not unlike some beers that are labeled as IPAs.

In fairness, it's sort of vaguely labeled to retain some secrecy and cache by the brewery. And, yes, it is classified as a "Strong American Ale" by BA. However, it's a strong and hoppy ale that likely has a recipe not unlike some beers that are labeled as IPAs.

Are you saying you don't have an IPA on tap :wacko::tup::lol:

I was just approached by a gorgeous female on FB today to go have lunch and drinks tomorrow. Don't ask me how, it was totally out of the blue. I'll be trying out some IPA's tomorrow. :smile:

In Taz speak that means he will be drinking PBR while watching a golden girls marathon on Lifetime.

Smuttynose "Finest Kind" is going down real smooth from the tap these days at home, but just was able to snag a sixtel of Ballast Point Sculpin IPA - set me back a few $$, but dying to try it. :tup: Going to have to drink up to finish the Smuttynose first. :wacko:

Edited by nogohawk

That being said Sierra Nevadas Ruthless Rye IPA is one of this years best stretches for sure. Peppery Rye, dark, yet citrusey and strong with fresh cones very prominent. Get some while you can.

Just picked up a six of this tonight. I agree this is a fantastic beer. Didn't realize it was an IPA and is definitely not a traditional IPA from a hop standpoint. Loved it however.

Oh and I found a beer store in SF that will ship Pliny. Shipping is costly of course and pretty much doubles the price of a bottle.