[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Ryan and the Falcons...

Goopster24

One week obviously but this matchup with the Eagles has me worried. Heard Tony Dungy say that he thinks Matt Ryan still has the GB loss in his head. Not sure about that but interesting to hear.

Matt Ryan statistically hasn't done well his last several games. Never been a "great" fantasy quarterback but some believed he'd make that leap this season with new weapons and another year under his belt.

Saw some stats of him on grass too and didn't like that.

Ryan owners, concerned? Will you be starting him this week against the "dream" corners of Philly? Me? I'm starting to feel out his value a little bit around my league. I'm thinking of benching him this week (for Grossman... :wacko:).

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im getting worried about Roddy White too I ended up picking him up over Megatron and already starting to regret it a little

White will be fine. He had 13(13!) targets last week and caught 8 balls. Sure, he only got 61 yards, but the longer catches and TDs will come(after this week, seeing he'll draw Asomugha all game).

Im getting worried about Roddy White too I ended up picking him up over Megatron and already starting to regret it a little

really? Freaking out after 1 week? Tough matchup this week. Yes, but regretting taking Roddy White who had so many balls thrown to him last week? Patience really is a virtue I guess.

I'm taking my chances. Most people picking the Eagles, but opening weekend at home, where they were 7-2 last year.

Besides, I just picked up Cutler, so, I suppose I don't have a lot of options.

Trying to trade Ryan, Mendy and Boldin for Rodgers and McCoy. It's been up a few days and I know the other owner checks his stuff. So I'm hoping he bites.

I'll be honest, I'm pretty concerned. I'm starting Big Ben over Ryan this week simply because of the matchup, but I might end up going that route for most of the rest of the season. For me, it all comes down to what happens this week. I was hoping for a magical Ryan - Roddy hookup this year, and so far all I have from it is a nice big egg.

I'm taking my chances. Most people picking the Eagles, but opening weekend at home, where they were 7-2 last year.

Besides, I just picked up Cutler, so, I suppose I don't have a lot of options.

:wacko:

I'd start Cutler in a minute over Ryan this week. The Bears figure to be playing from behind in New Orleans, and I think Cutler will be throwing all day. Cutler, IMO, is good for 275+/2 TDs minimum.

On the other hand, I think Atlanta's only chance in this game is to pound Turner and keep the Eagles quick-strike offense off the field. And based on the way the Eagles gave up yards on the ground last week to St. Louis, I think that's exactly what they will do. Only way they throw a bunch is if Philly gets a 10+ point lead...and at that point, the Eagles will blitz Ryan to no end, and let their talented corners cover 1-on-1.

I see 250 yards/2 TDs as a ceiling this week for Ryan.

damn, week 1 fellas and they were @ Chicago no less......

not the best matchup this week with Philly, but I am not concerned 1 bit.

Dude threw it 47 times for 300+ @ Chicago.......just failed to capitalize, he ie going to be fine.

iI think he has a hugh year personally

I couldn't agree more. Some of you people are so knee-jerk. I say week 3-17 he should be a top 6 fantasy QB. That being said, I wouldn't be too surprised if he has another sub-par game this week. He's my stud all year and I'm not afraid a bit.

damn, week 1 fellas and they were @ Chicago no less......

not the best matchup this week with Philly, but I am not concerned 1 bit.

Dude threw it 47 times for 300+ @ Chicago.......just failed to capitalize, he ie going to be fine.

iI think he has a hugh year personally

I think he will too, that is why I drafted him; not so sure he will put up great numbers Sunday, though.

I couldn't agree more. Some of you people are so knee-jerk. I say week 3-17 he should be a top 6 fantasy QB. That being said, I wouldn't be too surprised if he has another sub-par game this week. He's my stud all year and I'm not afraid a bit.

I wouldn't call it "knee-jerk" at all. I (and others) simply like Grossman's match-up better, it isn't as though I am cutting Ryan.

We could be wrong, but on the surface it looks like a better option, nothing more.

I think he will too, that is why I drafted him; not so sure he will put up great numbers Sunday, though.

I wouldn't call it "knee-jerk" at all. I (and others) simply like Grossman's match-up better, it isn't as though I am cutting Ryan.

We could be wrong, but on the surface it looks like a better option, nothing more.

That ice looks pretty solid from the surface too. It's Week 2!! Benching Ryan for Grossman is definitely "knee-jerk". IMO, with one week under our belts, there just isn't enough info on the match-up side to justify benching Ryan for Grossman....yet.

I have Ryan and I am a Skins fan so I hope it works out for you no matter what. Good luck.

Grass is this offense's kryptonite. Throw in a week 1 Bears D at home, full go (some forget how good the Bears are at full strength) and it's not such a preposterous outlier of a result. It was just a buzzsaw of a game.

Ryan's rating takes a dip on grass. Expecting any more than 1 TD for Ryan on grass is a stretch.

White only scores in 1 of every 3 or 4 games on grass.

Turner should do well this weekend but he won't be enough. Ryan will have to air it out. 250/2 is probably his ceiling but that's less an indictment of Ryan or White or whatever but a testament to the improved Eagles pass D. Henne isn't a bad bet if you think Ryan's ceiling is lower than Henne's. But let's get real...Ryan has better receivers, better RBs and a better OL (than Henne). Even though both teams are good, I don't see a defensive struggle between PHI and ATL. PHI is on b2b road games and ATL is a perfect example of the 'better at home' cliche.

Edited by kingfish247

That ice looks pretty solid from the surface too. It's Week 2!! Benching Ryan for Grossman is definitely "knee-jerk". IMO, with one week under our belts, there just isn't enough info on the match-up side to justify benching Ryan for Grossman....yet.

I have Ryan and I am a Skins fan so I hope it works out for you no matter what. Good luck.

We shall see what happens. Who knows? Maybe they will both go off, that would make every happy :wacko: