[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kids and football history

Jimmy Neutron

So my oldest son is playing football for the first time this year - tailback and DB on the freshman team. It's really sparked his interest in the game. :tup:

I came home today to find him surfing Youtbue watching older football clips. "Dad, Dad! Have you ever heard of a guy named Walter Payton?" :lol:

Fun to see his eyes light up watching some of the greats. He'd never heard of or seen Barry Sanders. Lots of :wacko: today.

Thanks I feel like about 100 now. Pls don't even mention Johnny Unitas or ARCHIE Manning. :wacko:

PS what age level? I coached ~6-8 yr olds, best age group to coach IMO, great fun - kids are still kids at that point, that teen/pre-teen attitude isn't there yet. Very "coachable."

Edited by BeeR

So my oldest son is playing football for the first time this year - tailback and DB on the freshman team. It's really sparked his interest in the game. :tup:

I came home today to find him surfing Youtbue watching older football clips. "Dad, Dad! Have you ever heard of a guy named Walter Payton?" :lol:

Fun to see his eyes light up watching some of the greats. He'd never heard of or seen Barry Sanders. Lots of :wacko: today.

Did you tell him that Barry Sanders was the guy holding Emmitt Smiths Jock ?

very nice, Whomper. what people do not understand about Emmitt is his heart and desire. Emmitt was never the fastest, nor the biggest, but he lowered his pads and hit and ran, and hit and ran. Seperated shoulder?, piddly, he hit and he ran.

real cool, Jimmy. it's never too late to appreciate a sport for where it's been and what it takes to be great. have fun.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby