[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ortiz / Mayweather

whomper

Seems like weak sauce to me.

Normally, yeah. But I think Ortiz opened the door to a brawl when he went with the lunging head butt. I dont blame him for trying to rough up Mayweather, but (if he's going with that approach) he damn sure better be ready to protect at all times. Mayweather could have rose above, but he was within the rules to throw punches once time was in.

Normally, yeah. But I think Ortiz opened the door to a brawl when he went with the lunging head butt. I dont blame him for trying to rough up Mayweather, but (if he's going with that approach) he damn sure better be ready to protect at all times. Mayweather could have rose above, but he was within the rules to throw punches once time was in.

Great post

boxing has become such a joke :wacko:

Sad but true. Pacman / Mayweather is the biggest fight out there and they are dragging their feet too long on it. The heavies are a bore. There are some decent guys out there but gone are the days where each division has a bankable superstar

Sad but true. Pacman / Mayweather is the biggest fight out there and they are dragging their feet too long on it. The heavies are a bore. There are some decent guys out there but gone are the days where each division has a bankable superstar

And Pacquio could make the fight happen if he'd go along with a blood test screening for steroids. Thats where the hangup is last I've heard.

Two massive problems boxing has is that you have 5-6 champions at every weight class, and you have too many weight classes. Everyone is a champion. I blame Don King.

Viewers and the higher quality fighters are going to MMA. The only guys that can hang with a UFC PPV is Mayweather and Pacman. Sports have to evolve or die. Boxing thought they were too big and they're now teetering on being irrelevant.

Viewers and the higher quality fighters are going to MMA. The only guys that can hang with a UFC PPV is Mayweather and Pacman. Sports have to evolve or die. Boxing thought they were too big and they're now teetering on being irrelevant.

Comical, especially with the most recent trends.

At any rate, there are at least 10 opportunities every fight for one of the boxers to take a cheap shot like that when the gloves are down. It has been a few decades since any kind of significant fighter has gone to that level. I LOVE Mayweather in the ring, but he's a punk. He's always been a punk and always will be a punk. Biting an ear is more classy than knocking a guy out after a hug. This isn't about rules. This is about honor and sport. That was a tragic day for boxing.

If another fighter said that he would fight Mayweather, but only if Mayweather agrees to a test that has never before been administered in the sport, would Mayweather lay down and take the fight?

Mayweather doesn't want to risk his unblemished record. That is why there isn't a fight. It is time for Money May to take the fight with Manny and the beating that comes with it like a man.

Comical, especially with the most recent trends.

At any rate, there are at least 10 opportunities every fight for one of the boxers to take a cheap shot like that when the gloves are down. It has been a few decades since any kind of significant fighter has gone to that level. I LOVE Mayweather in the ring, but he's a punk. He's always been a punk and always will be a punk. Biting an ear is more classy than knocking a guy out after a hug. This isn't about rules. This is about honor and sport. That was a tragic day for boxing.

If another fighter said that he would fight Mayweather, but only if Mayweather agrees to a test that has never before been administered in the sport, would Mayweather lay down and take the fight?

Mayweather doesn't want to risk his unblemished record. That is why there isn't a fight. It is time for Money May to take the fight with Manny and the beating that comes with it like a man.

exactly....until Mayweather takes a fight that is worth watching...his perfect record doesn't mean much to me.....he is to be commended for the record itself, but there are fights he could take that probably would have had him with a couple losses by now and Mayweather said he would offer Ortiz a rematch if he wants - Mayweather wants this so he doesn't have to fight someone like Manny....he'll lose...