[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torrey Smith

buddahj

where did this guy come from? i've heard the name but don't know much else. I assume he's a rookie.

rookie draft choice...2nd or 3rd round i belive. looked bad in preseason according to homers which is what caused them to trade for evans.

rookie draft choice...2nd or 3rd round i belive. looked bad in preseason according to homers which is what caused them to trade for evans.

2nd rounder from University of Maryland. Put up some great numbers in college, known for his speed. Very hard worker and humble player.

Was probably overwhelmed in the preseason due to the short offseason but can be productive if used the right way.

Here's a pretty funny video of Torrey Smith being interviewed during that earthquake from a few weeks back. Think he's maybe a bit of a flake based on his reaction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ1fqKS344M

Funniest thing about that is he goes off running when he's standing in the middle of an open field. Where is he going to run to that's any safer than that? I guess he's so fast that he thinks he can outrun the earthquake. Also note the guy in the background on the tractor :wacko:

Same week Tandon Doss was in the news for breaking up a knife fight when two guys jumped a restaurant manager:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/26/t...s_n_937937.html

Edited by Crazysight

Well so much for trying to be clever by adding him to my scout team. Waiver priority fail.

Same. Had a claim in for him, was gonna drop Simpson. Decided to wait a week because "I can start Branch this week first" and cancelled the claim. I'm thinking he's not so easily available next week =/

Dropped Slaton and added Torrey in a 16-teamer this morning at 10 a.m. when i heard Evans was out. :wacko:

You are not as smart as the poster above you. Just ask him.

Luck seems to work even more than smarts in this game. I mean, you've won some games, right? :wacko:

Be very careful about reading too terribly much into this performance. He may be great, and maybe the offense is opening up a tad, but the Rams secondary might be the worst in the NFL. It was shaky to begin with, and has many injuries. Quite simply they can't cover anybody. And with a defensive line that is well below average providing little pressure, it adds up to real problems in pass defense.

Laurinitis is basically the only good player on that defense right now. Everyone else is a JAG or worse. I hate having to type that . . .

Be very careful about reading too terribly much into this performance. He may be great, and maybe the offense is opening up a tad, but the Rams secondary might be the worst in the NFL. It was shaky to begin with, and has many injuries. Quite simply they can't cover anybody. And with a defensive line that is well below average providing little pressure, it adds up to real problems in pass defense.

Laurinitis is basically the only good player on that defense right now. Everyone else is a JAG or worse. I hate having to type that . . .

Sounds like they need a bit more of this.