[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is this tacky...or is it just me?

buddahj

I guess then on your invitation I would write at the bottom, “In lieu of your presence please just send us a check equaling your estimated travel expenses” :lol:

:tup:

Get them the $30.00 spice rack and include a note that if they make it 5 years for their anniversary you'll get them a $20.00 Target gift card so they can upgrade spice racks.

If I've got to buy a plane ticket and hotel room to attend your wedding, you are getting an invoice, not a gift.

:wacko:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason a thought keeps popping into my head -- our kitchen is missing a rack of some kind...something to hold small jars of aromatic seasonings. Weird. I'm going to Target on my lunch hour today to see if they sell such things.

? Hardly. Comparing a wedding to a post-went-to-the-JOP-but-you-weren't-even-invited-to-that party is a pretty weak comparison.

I've never heard of a party at the JOP. :wacko:

My brother is getting married in South Korea in a couple weeks. We didn't invite anyone from the USA. Guess we should cancel the reception party planned over the Christmas/New Year holiday for the USA freinds.

Dude, they didn't have a wedding.
I know. In fact ironic you said that as I was thinking it numerous times throughout this thread about people who don't seem to get that.

You seem to be implying that they had one, made a point of not inviting the OP, and then are having some sloppy seconds party for all the people not cool enough to come to their wedding but those who didn't make the cut can still bring gifts.
No, I'm saying to not have a wedding and then expect wedding presents by including registry info on the party invite no less is IMO tacky. You disagree, fine -

Sounds to me like, basically, this is their "wedding".
They didn't have a wedding, remember?

Only, they're skipping the part where you have to stand up and listen to some chick read a psalm or Dr. Suess poem,
I'm so surprised you snuck a cheap shot at religion in there. :wacko:

are just going right to the eating, drinking, and dancing part.

Sounds fine to me.

Me too. Note there's no wedding present part in there. Edited by BeeR

Yeah, go ahead - judge me. :wacko:

Also, I don't see what the big deal is. I have friends that have "destination weddings" and then have a reception when they get back. If they're your friends, get them a present and go get drunk, if they aren't, don't go and who gives a chit.

I know. In fact ironic you said that as I was thinking it numerous times throughout this thread about people who don't seem to get that.

No, I'm saying to not have a wedding and then expect wedding presents by including registry info on the party invite no less is IMO tacky. You disagree, fine -

They didn't have a wedding, remember?

I'm so surprised you snuck a cheap shot at religion in there. :wacko:

Me too. Note there's no wedding present part in there.

I'm going to assume your fishing here and move on.

I have friends that have "destination weddings" and then have a reception when they get back.

A coworker of mine bought airplane tickets so that he could attend the destination wedding of a friend of hers in the Cayman Islands. Then a week before the wedding, the couple called the whole thing off.

lol

I'd be astonished if the World's Greatest Misery ever got an invitation to any kind of wedding.

Don't fret, I'm sure it'll happen for you one day.

No fishing detlef, thought you knew better than that. Those tired little gigglefests are for kiddies such as above. But you want to move on, OK by me.

Edited by BeeR