[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Felix Jones

Avernus

I am wondering why there is no thread on this? :wacko:

Felix has a high ankle sprain, I caught his ankle getting taped up on the sideline and I assume Felix misses a month maybe? I actually forget the timefram on a high ankle sprain.....and this is also great news for DeMarco Murray owners :tup:

I am wondering why there is no thread on this? :wacko:

Felix has a high ankle sprain, I caught his ankle getting taped up on the sideline and I assume Felix misses a month maybe? I actually forget the timefram on a high ankle sprain.....and this is also great news for DeMarco Murray owners :tup:

Fragile Felix. Man I thought this was gonna be his year but he just can't stay healty.

I'm not sure what made anybody think Felix could be the guy and carry the load ... he didn't do it in college and had trouble staying healthy last year when he was splitting time. Felix is at his best when he is used in conjunction with a pounder that softens the defense. More proof that as a GM JJ is an idiot.

Fragile Felix. Man I thought this was gonna be his year but he just can't stay healty.

seriously? if my local didn't have a ridiculously slim bench, I would have stashed DeMarco weeks ago....I am dropping Ridley for him after having dropped him and then picked him back up days ago....

Edited by Avernus

Yep and I'm an idot for thinking that too as I drafted him in all my leagues. :wacko:

Dallas cannot run the ball. He'll break your heart.

Bingo. Romo shoulders a lot of blame for Cowboys losses this year and m,uch of that is 100 % hands down deserved but the fact that Dallas cant run the ball really hurts them. Especially in the 4th q.

All this talk about no running game ... but last I checked the defense gave up the winning drive/TD

I didnt see the game because I had to work. Correct me if I am wrong but I heard Dallas had a quick 3 and out right before giving one of the greatest clutch qbs of all time the ball back. If you have a decent running game you can potentially run the game out or at least eat some clock and make the inevitable dagger from Brady a little more difficult .

I didnt see the game because I had to work. Correct me if I am wrong but I heard Dallas had a quick 3 and out right before giving one of the greatest clutch qbs of all time the ball back. If you have a decent running game you can potentially run the game out or at least eat some clock and make the inevitable dagger from Brady a little more difficult .

At the end it looked like Dallas was trying not to lose instead of trying to win. They tried to run the clock down with the running game but penalties were killing them. 2nd and long they tried to run, 3rd and long they tried a draw ... what we really needed was a FIRST DOWN! The offense looked like they were content to run 3 plays and punt the ball ... that is a big part of why we lost. MAKE THE DAMN FIRST DOWN EVEN IF IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO PASS THE BALL ...

At the end it looked like Dallas was trying not to lose instead of trying to win. They tried to run the clock down with the running game but penalties were killing them. 2nd and long they tried to run, 3rd and long they tried a draw ... what we really needed was a FIRST DOWN! The offense looked like they were content to run 3 plays and punt the ball ... that is a big part of why we lost. MAKE THE DAMN FIRST DOWN EVEN IF IT MEANS YOU HAVE TO PASS THE BALL ...

but they probably considered Romo's track record....:wacko:

The Cowboys had the ball on second down from the Pats' 5-yard-line and couldn't get it in the endzone on the worst defense in the league. On third down they tried a stupid shovel pass to Choice, despite having Witten, Austin and Bryant as receivers. (Reminded me of the dumb reverse they ran four weeks ago when Austin got hurt.) You absolutely have to score a TD there. If they had any sort of ground game, maybe they have a fourth-and-short. It wasn't goal-to-go, either -- they could've gotten a first down without scoring.

Then they kick off to the Pats and the defense does its job, holding the Pats to a three-and-out. Dallas got the ball back on its 28 with about 3:30 left. Murray for -2 yards, Murray for -1 yard, then a false-start penalty to stop the clock. Pats get the ball back with about 2:30. Cowboys ran ONE MINUTE off the clock.

Idiotic.

Exactly. I got the feeling that Garrett didn't trust Romo in that situation. And I can't blame him. But you've got to keep the ball out of Brady's hands.

I drafted Demarco late (on a squad with crappy RBs) and finally dropped him this week as I figured there was no point when Felix played through a shoulder injury and Murray still didn't get much work. Sorry Felix owners but apparently there is no greater jinx I can put on a player than dropping the backup.

People ripped Garrett a few weeks ago for his 4th quarter playcalling being too aggressive and for not taking the ball out of Romo's hands. Now he's getting ripped for the exact opposite. He can't win.

:wacko: Good point

I keep hearing this double standard thing, but the two situations were totally different.

In the Detroit game, Cowboys were up 27-3 in the 2nd half, at home. If they ran 3 times and punted the rest of the game, Detroit would have been hard pressed to drive the field 3+ times and score enough to come back.

Yesterday they're on the road, goal to go, with Tom Brady waiting on the sidelines. You have weapons in Austin, Dez, and Witten. Your RB1 is out. And you give it to your rookie backup RB three times?

We all knew what was gonna happen when they gave Brady the ball back with a chance to win it.