[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Championship Game

SLAYER

for LSU/Alabama. Ya'll know deep down(this is for you guys out west) this is the game of the year. #1 vs #2 the winner will be in the BCS game which won't even be as close as this one. Get ready for some real football at 7pm Nov. 5th.

Make no mistake, this is the National championship game.

The other, that will be played sometime in January, is just to appease those that want to have a dog in the fight and feel like it is relevant.

Make no mistake about it, both of these teams are beatable.

Bama has a very young QB and is missing some pieces on defense. LSU doesn't have the offense to win the NC.

Bama by 3. 17-14. 13-10... something like that.

I will take LSU 24-23 as they will score on Special Teams or Def and get 2 TD's from scrimage, add a FG or two, but this will be a bit higher scoring than most expect.

Lee can pass and Jefferson can run....so what does the mad hat do? Brings JJ in, Bama expects run and BAM deep ball on a roll out right = 6, mark it down. Les will have this team as ready as the 2011 Stl Cardinals in October!

I do not think many would be upset with a re-match for the BCS Game here??

OSU may have something to say about that, but if they get beat by OU......O well

Stanford may have something to say too...but still have another OU to play...... that LSU spanked and a loss here would take them out of the picture

Boise...have fun beating Houston

And 2 very mediocre "O"'s

These are the 2 best defenses in the country, and I don't think anyone else is in the same stratosphere. Bama's entire secondary will be playing on Sundays and the defensive lines are animals. Stanford/OSU/Boise or whoever faces LSU in the title game should be a double digit dog.

What happens now if Bama drops to #4 and OSU and Stanford both lose? Are we ready for an all SEC title game?

OSU may have something to say about that, but if they get beat by OU......O well

Stanford may have something to say too...but still have another OU to play...... that LSU spanked and a loss here would take them out of the picture

Boise...have fun beating Houston

Losing at home is what will likely prevent Bama from getting a re-match against LSU even though that loss came in OT. Just feel like the human voters will not let this happen should LSU win out.

Edited by Rockerbraves

Losing at home is what will likely prevent Bama from getting a re-match against LSU even though that loss came in OT. Just feel like the human voters will not let this happen should LSU win out.

Not getting to play in your own conference championship game should be the reason. Precedent has been set ( i.e. When Georgia wound up # 2 in the country in 2007 after beating the dawg squeeze out of Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl; many felt they were probably the best team in the country at the end of the season but couldn't play for the NC game because they didn't even make to the SEC championship game).

Not getting to play in your own conference championship game should be the reason. Precedent has been set ( i.e. When Georgia wound up # 2 in the country in 2007 after beating the dawg squeeze out of Hawaii in the Sugar Bowl; many felt they were probably the best team in the country at the end of the season but couldn't play for the NC game because they didn't even make to the SEC championship game).

Not quite the same. Georgia did not lose in OT to the #1 ranked team. We are also talking re-match.

Edited by Rockerbraves

The rematch will not happen, the BCS won't let it. People don't like defensive battles, they want points. Though, I'm not sure any team can hang a bunch of points on either of these teams. However, both offenses seem fairly mediocre.

The game was what I expected, with the exception of the LSU win.

I would, that was the most boring game I've seen in a long time. In fact, the offenses were so bad I am reluctant to even call this a defensive battle. You want a watchable defensive battle, catch the big boys tonight.

If these are the two best teams in college football, I'll skip therest of the CFB and start working on my brackets for March, they've started pre-season basketball, right?

Congrats to LSU and all but :wacko: