[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Arts, The Arts!

Ursa Majoris

Odd, the stories are not consistent. The first one says it was on loaner to some guy from the museum. The other said it happened at the museum. Of course, the most unbelievable part of the story, that being the price of the "art", seems consistent with both.

Odd, the stories are not consistent. The first one says it was on loaner to some guy from the museum. The other said it happened at the museum. Of course, the most unbelievable part of the story, that being the price of the "art", seems consistent with both.

It was on loan from the owner, I think.

The comments below the full size picture are pretty funny. Example:

It's the most horrific vandalism.

I'm off to paint a square black that represents the emotional black hole that the loss of this piece has left in me... $1m and it's yours.

yeah, cause wouldn't it be such an awful thing if we were to remove taxpayer subsidies from the generation of such works as this.

To be fair, it is German, but I certainly hear what you're saying. Most of the great artists had wealthy patrons - it wouldn't be a bad thing to have that aspect of those days back.

yeah, cause wouldn't it be such an awful thing if we were to remove taxpayer subsidies from the generation of such works as this.

I was going to actually come at it from the angle of how Mitt is trying to say all the right things to win the nomination. Cut the arts, cut funding to plan parenthood, get rid of the EPA, cut RomneyCare, er I mean ObamaCare, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Wrong thread though.

Edited by SayItAintSoJoe

I'm off to the basement to get out some tinker toys, lincoln logs, and an old beat up flower pot weathered with age. I should be good for at least 2 million.

:wacko:

Throw in some old comic books...bingo....another million!