[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Iphone 4S vs iphone 4 vs HTC EVO 4G

Avernus

I have Sprint and have had the EVO for a year and a half now and never been happier with a phone. Of course sprint now offers the IPhones which I have also owned but still prefer the EVO. Especially since I can get it for half the price and I feel it's just as good a phone if not better IMO.

I have Sprint and have had the EVO for a year and a half now and never been happier with a phone. Of course sprint now offers the IPhones which I have also owned but still prefer the EVO. Especially since I can get it for half the price and I feel it's just as good a phone if not better IMO.

I believe Sprint is now offering the EVO for free. Hell of a deal on an awesome phone.

• 4 weeks later...
I believe Sprint is now offering the EVO for free. Hell of a deal on an awesome phone.

Just ordered the EVO for a free upgrade...I didn't want to spend the $100 for the 8 gig or $200 for the 16 gig Iphone since sprint charges $10 extra a month for smart phones data on top of the unlimited data plan. They told me it is because these phones use more data than the others. I guess its still a good deal for what I am paying a month for unlimited family data plan with three phones versus other carriers.

I am not a fanboy of either the iOS or Android platforms and think they are both awesome. I have a BB issued to me and it is a good business tool, but would never own one personally. Your carrier should influence what you choose.

I had an original Moto Droid for two years, loved it, but it was dying. I was trying to wait for the Nexus Prime, but for some reason they pushed the date waaayyy back. If Verizon had the SII, I would have probably gone that way. The big screens on the Android phones area great for aging eyes like mine. Truly gorgeous screens. The 4S screen is crisp and amazing as well, but significantly smaller.

The 4S was coming out and I had an iPhone for a work project before. I really liked it as well. Since the kids all have iPads and I have a full iTunes library of apps, music and such, I decided to stay on the common platform. The "Face TIme" ability of Apple devices is awesome!

I really do like my 4S as much as any device I have had. The benefit of iOS over Android is that it is less maintenance in terms of settings. It is a grab and go platform with little learning curve. Android is more settings intensive (as a tech geek this does not bother me), but has some of the Google features that are hard to pass up.

My suggestion with all of this stuff is to get the newest device you can afford. With every update, my old Droid got slower and more quirky. This is more evident on the Android platform in my experience than on the iPhone. The dual processor of the 4S and video card upgrade, as well as Siri and a camera that is almost equal to a stand alone digital, makes the 4S well worth it over the 4. You are going to have the device for at least two years and that comes out to about $2 a month differeance. The new processor makes the "3G" faster than the older phone, so I benefit right there with better loading speeds while surfing.

I would pass on the EVo and get a newer Android Model (SII) OR get the iPhone 4S. EIther way you can't go wrong, I love my 4S and am not a bit regretful for not having waited for the Samsung Nexus.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...

Ready to trash my Blackberry and currently AT&T has both the 8GB iPhone 4(new) and the GS II Skyrocket(refurb) for $100, my absolute limit for a new phone. I've heard & read reviews saying that the GS II is a superior phone, but I'm a bit wary on getting a refurb.

I was never a big apple guy until I got a ipod for a present. Works great in the gym . . . etc.

Then I got an iphone 4. I had a crapberry, and would never, ever go back. The iphone is simply amazing. I am sure I dont even use a fraction of its capabilities yet, but I am a hugh fan.

This is exactly my experience. Upgraded from a BB to the iPhone 4 about 2 months ago - iPhone 4 was on sale for $99 so I grabbed it since my daughter dropped my BB in the toilet. I gotta say, I do LOVE this phone.