[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Questions about rape and child support

wiegie

answer these questions as though the baby could neither be aborted nor put up for adoption  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should a rape victim be forced to pay child support if the rape results in the birth of a child?

• yes--a parent is a parent no matter how it happened
    • no--are you f'ing kidding me... the person was raped for God's sake
  2. 2. Same question, but now the rape is "only" statuatory rape

• yes--a parent is a parent no matter how it happened
    • no--are you f'ing kidding me... the person was raped for God's sake
    • yes--if the rape victim was a boy

If abortion and adoption aren't an option, that means the parent kept the kid. They wouldn't pay "child support" so much as they'd be fulfilling their state law duty to care for the child they kept.... at least until "keeping the kid but letting it starve to death" becomes one of your poll options.

If abortion and adoption aren't an option, that means the parent kept the kid. They wouldn't pay "child support" so much as they'd be fulfilling their state law duty to care for the child they kept.... at least until "keeping the kid but letting it starve to death" becomes one of your poll options.

Have to agree with this. Regardless of how the baby was brought into this world - it was brought into it. It is an innocent and neither knows nor cares how it got here, just that it did and is still a living, breathing human being that needs shelter, care and loving just like the rest of us. It's a raw deal for the victim, for sure but what else can you do?

:wacko:

Ya know, if it turns out this IS his kid, she is gonna be charged with statutory rape. Bet she didn't think about that.

Would you spend 6 months in county for $50K a month for the next 18 years?

Besides, no one would ever charge her. That young man has a shifty glare in his eyes, I would never trust him with my daughters.

a boy can not get raped and have a pregnicy come from it in most states

that is if what I heard is true ?

by definition in most states rape = penetration

without penetration there is no rape but instead it is sexual abuse

now he could still be rape or sodomized with an object but that would not lead to a pregnancy

a boy can not get raped and have a pregnicy come from it in most states

that is if what I heard is true ?

by definition in most states rape = penetration

without penetration there is no rape but instead it is sexual abuse

now he could still be rape or sodomized with an object but that would not lead to a pregnancy

well, we'll have to verify with chargerz, but I do not believe a boy can get pregnant whether he is penetrated or not.

Edited by Azazello1313

well, we'll have to verify with chargerz, but I do not believe a boy can get pregnant whether he is penetrated or not.

Gotta say I'm a little disturbed by a guy who posts under the name "mustofbeendrunk", believes that only "in most states" a boy can't get pregnant from rape, and posted in your handgun thread, "I love guns and own many". :wacko:

(ETA: and seriously wiegie, do have another thread you're trying to distract tailgaters from, because without knowing anything about how justin bieber fits into this, this is truly a bizarre question why you'd ask if a victim of rape would pay the rapist child support, after the rapist inexclicably got custody after being charged with the crime... I'd say only in a statutory case where charges werent pressed,is that even a remote possibility, and even then a pretty unrealistic scenario, male or female)

Edited by delusions of granduer

(ETA: and seriously wiegie, do have another thread you're trying to distract tailgaters from, because without knowing anything about how justin bieber fits into this, this is truly a bizarre question why you'd ask if a victim of rape would pay the rapist child support, after the rapist inexclicably got custody after being charged with the crime... I'd say only in a statutory case where charges werent pressed,is that even a remote possibility, and even then a pretty unrealistic scenario, male or female)

I normally don't care about Justin Bieber, but after Taz e-mailed me about 100 links to a funny video about Bieber, I decided that perhaps I need to pay a little bit more attention.

Here are the facts:

--some woman has claimed that Bieber knocked up her beaver

--in order for this to have happened, the woman would have had to have statutorily raped Bieber

--every report I have seen says that Bieber will be responsible for child support if the kid is indeed his (even if he had been statutorily raped)

This seems f'd up to me and I was wondering what other people thought. (I tried not to bring Bieber into the initial post because I wanted to concentrate on the actual questions I was asking.)