[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Did anyone catch this nugget about the Eagles?

Pope Flick

At the end of Around the Horn today, Colinshaw talked about how Kevin Kolb was standing on the sidelines this past Sunday and began to notice that the hand signals sent into the Eagles game weren't changed from last year and he began to tell the defenses what was coming. In the 60 seconds he had to talk about it, he basically said the entire second half the Cardinals knew what was coming.

I find that a touch hard to believe simply because I thought they had radio transmitters, ubt it makes for a good story, and gawd dam is that f'ing stupid of the Eagles to have allowed to happen if true.

At the end of Around the Horn today, Colinshaw talked about how Kevin Kolb was standing on the sidelines this past Sunday and began to notice that the hand signals sent into the Eagles game weren't changed from last year and he began to tell the defenses what was coming. In the 60 seconds he had to talk about it, he basically said the entire second half the Cardinals knew what was coming.

I find that a touch hard to believe simply because I thought they had radio transmitters, ubt it makes for a good story, and gawd dam is that f'ing stupid of the Eagles to have allowed to happen if true.

he was on a local radio station talking about it and said it was mostly during the 2 minute drill and LeSean McCoy even said he saw Kolb calling out the plays to the defense "look out for the screen" etc....

it's definitely a sign of laziness as well as the Eagles underestimating the Cardinals by not even bothering to change up their 2 minute offense because they probably never expected to have to use it...

:wacko:

it's okay, you guys will probably beat us in a few weeks ....at least for your sake, I hope you do and for the fact that this will help Andy Reid get fired.....

so you can take that bag off now...your team is actually in better position than mine is...currently anyways..

it's okay, you guys will probably beat us in a few weeks ....at least for your sake, I hope you do and for the fact that this will help Andy Reid get fired.....

so you can take that bag off now...your team is actually in better position than mine is...currently anyways..

are you really going to find a better coach than Andy Reid? Good luck, that is a tall order. Just don't be pissed if you hire the wrong guy a few times and it takes 5 or 6 years to field a competitive team. Can you say, Ritchie Kotite or Ray Rhodes?

are you really going to find a better coach than Andy Reid? Good luck, that is a tall order. Just don't be pissed if you hire the wrong guy a few times and it takes 5 or 6 years to field a competitive team. Can you say, Ritchie Kotite or Ray Rhodes?

I believe in Bill Walsh's theory about 10 years. Your message gets stale and it's time to move on. No question that Reid is and has been a great coach. And I'd bet he could find success elsewhere, but the 10 year rule does make sense, even if there have been the occasional exceptions to it.

I am truly amazed at the flip flop you Eagles fan have done on Andy Reid. I have been in countless threads with you guys where you defended him to the death when told he was a good coach that couldnt seem to cash in when the Eagles ruled the NFC. Now Zooty on Sunday and you here are not caring if the Eagles lose so he gets fired :tup: I friggin love it :wacko:

I am truly amazed at the flip flop you Eagles fan have done on Andy Reid. I have been in countless threads with you guys where you defended him to the death when told he was a good coach that couldnt seem to cash in when the Eagles ruled the NFC. Now Zooty on Sunday and you here are not caring if the Eagles lose so he gets fired :tup: I friggin love it :wacko:

I haven't defended Reid for years....err I can't recall defending him other than when people bash his drafting skills.....his success rate with the draft is about average or better except for certain positions, but he also refuses to fill those weaknesses via free agency while building on the teams strengths through free agency as well....

as a head coach he doesn't adjust well and gets out-coached in a lot of games....plus his 2 minute offense has always been bad....

how do you have a game where Maclin gets knocked out and you sit DeSean without successfully throwing the ball all 1st half and still decide not to run the ball more than twice in the 4th quarter.....and even worse give McCoy 14 touches for the game?......and that's just this game....

he's done these things his entire tenure here...

our defense has been horrible since the players on defense from the Rhodes regime left.....but Andy has re-built this team with a pass happy offense that is amazing when it works....and he's put some talent on this team...

but he's gone downhill since the superbowl loss....and while we've made the NFCC and have had good teams since, he is one of the reasons why we've been there and one of the reasons why we don't get over the hump....

he acquires smart players who are soft....rather than players with grit....

and with the talent we have there is no reason why we can't have someone like Gruden or Fisher...

How is it a flip-flop when things change? This isn't a fundamental moral issue where a person should be steadfast and resolute. This is an evaluation of a person doing their job. Facts seem to indicate that he is doing a much poorer job in a lot of areas than he has previously. Along with the known flaws in his performance. It's no wonder more people want him gone now than before and it certainly isn't a flip-flop. Just a re-evaluation, which happens in every profession every year.

That said, I'm actually OK either way. I can see the lure of new blood/energy. But, I also want to see what happens with a full off-season with the pieces he has in-place. IF they can figure-out how to use the pieces on D correctly and the O-line continues to develop, they should be good next year. We'll see.

he was for one week, anyways..?

Really, yelling formations from the sideline to the D where they would have to adjust on the fly in a second or two prior to the snap of the ball? Yeah, I'm sure he had a profound effect on the outcome. More like the Eagles sucked just like they have for most games this year, save 1.

Edited by The Next Generation

How is it a flip-flop when things change? This isn't a fundamental moral issue where a person should be steadfast and resolute. This is an evaluation of a person doing their job. Facts seem to indicate that he is doing a much poorer job in a lot of areas than he has previously. Along with the known flaws in his performance. It's no wonder more people want him gone now than before and it certainly isn't a flip-flop. Just a re-evaluation, which happens in every profession every year.

That said, I'm actually OK either way. I can see the lure of new blood/energy. But, I also want to see what happens with a full off-season with the pieces he has in-place. IF they can figure-out how to use the pieces on D correctly and the O-line continues to develop, they should be good next year. We'll see.

Be honest - Eagles fans have flip-flopped about Reid for YEARS. Just like they did with McNabb. This is not an isolated incident - though in this particular case it may finally be justified.

They can have Pat Murmur and we'll take Reid in Cleveland. Dueling Walruses (or is that Walrusi?)

Be honest - Eagles fans have flip-flopped about Reid for YEARS. Just like they did with McNabb. This is not an isolated incident - though in this particular case it may finally be justified.

Exactly. When I have the time I will dig up some Reid threads were his nuts were bigger than his stomach from all the huddle birds fans hanging from his sack

Exactly. When I have the time I will dig up some Reid threads were his nuts were bigger than his stomach from all the huddle birds fans hanging from his sack

do it and you won;t see me there....I only defend his drafting ability....his philosophy wins overall, but isn't a championship formula....his arrogance blinds him..