[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Astros to the AL West?

Scooby's Hubby

MLB will try to force the Astros into the AL West division, where they will be in the same division as the Rangers.

I am kinda torn here. On the one hand, it gives higher odds of a Texas team winning their divivsion. On the other, MLB would never do this to the Mets and the Yankees, Angel or the Dodgers (who were just sold and not forced to change divisions), but Houston and Dallas are not the same city.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7242906/...american-league

Well with 15 teams in each league get yourselves ready for interleague play all year (to some degree). I mean how else do you manage the schedule?

Also you senior league purists....be prepared to welcome the DH. It's only a matter of time now.

Well with 15 teams in each league get yourselves ready for interleague play all year (to some degree). I mean how else do you manage the schedule?

Also you senior league purists....be prepared to welcome the DH. It's only a matter of time now.

I'm so over interleague it isn't even funny. Not sure about the DH though, it seems easy to say that but I've never even heard of it being on the table.

I'm so over interleague it isn't even funny. Not sure about the DH though, it seems easy to say that but I've never even heard of it being on the table.

Yeah, I haven't read that either just a gut feel on the DH. If they expand interleague all year and make it more like an NBA or NFL schedule my assumption is they will get away from different rules between leagues. I may be wrong.

You guys realize moving he Astros makes it more even/fair? Right now the NL Central has 6 teams while the NL west only has 4. Now it's 5 teams across the board.

Makes it fair for who? Houston's fans who have 50 years of history?

Look, the current setup isn't ideal but I prefer it to this crap and I'm a Cubs fan who has to deal with that 6 team division. But in the end size of divisions don't really matter by and large. Having interleague every day of the year is, and you'll see it in the next few years when in late Spetember, the Mets are chasing the Phillies and have to travel to Atlanta, while Philly hosts... the Kansas City Royals on Sept 30th of a season. That's crap.

Makes it fair for who? Houston's fans who have 50 years of history?

Look, the current setup isn't ideal but I prefer it to this crap and I'm a Cubs fan who has to deal with that 6 team division. But in the end size of divisions don't really matter by and large. Having interleague every day of the year is, and you'll see it in the next few years when in late Spetember, the Mets are chasing the Phillies and have to travel to Atlanta, while Philly hosts... the Kansas City Royals on Sept 30th of a season. That's crap.

on the other hand, the Mets will have to face Philly in, say, June, while the Atlanta would get to face the Royals then. I'm not sure why the dates of play make it such an unfair system. (I do agree that teams not facing the same set of other teams does create advantages/disadvantages, but that is already there.)

As for the DH, :barf:

I'd love to see the contraction of six teams to boost the talent level of the remaining 24 a bit, particularly in pitching, the elimination of the DH to bring pinch-hitting/bunting/lineupmoves back to the forefont, the elimination of interleague play (to boost the mystery of the world series), a return to a balanced schedule (so the red sox and yankees don't play each other every third game of the year), no all-star world series tie (give the better record the advantage they earned), and eliminate the wild card (so it matters if you win your division).

Heck, shorten the seaon to 140 games and make the world so you can start in late april and finish the WS in early October.

While you're at it, test for all performance enhancing drugs and ban the using cheaters for life.

What would we have? The game we love showcased without unnecessary "jumping the shark" desperation.

I agree. The Phillies don't want to face an up and coming Royals team with their division on the line.

+1

...especially if the Royals are playing for their own spot in the post season...

Edited by muck