[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Norv

TripleW64

The clocks always been ticking. it's funny they've always been a late starting team, this year their the exact opposite. Other then Cowher, Gruden which i don't see taking the job or any coaching job next year. who else could they get that would be better. maybe Tony Dungy maybe

The clocks always been ticking. it's funny they've always been a late starting team, this year their the exact opposite. Other then Cowher, Gruden which i don't see taking the job or any coaching job next year. who else could they get that would be better. maybe Tony Dungy maybe

Bilichek

Don't know if he was a good OC with the Cowboys or if they just had enough talent and weapons that the offense made him look better. But it's pretty certain he is not HC material.

I don't believe he was that good a OC with the Cowboys either ... he was rather unimaginative and uninspired but had a monster offensive line and great skill position players that could execute whatever offense he installed. Back then they could have lined up and told the defense what play they were going to run and still execute the play for a positive gain.

Regardless of whether or not the Chargers turn things around, they really should hit the reset button on the front office and coaching side. As much as I don't like Rivers, they are wasting his prime years right now with the current regime. Clearly they need to upgrade at OL (and/or get healthy) but the biggest issues are definitely related to coaching.

Regardless of whether or not the Chargers turn things around, they really should hit the reset button on the front office and coaching side. As much as I don't like Rivers, they are wasting his prime years right now with the current regime. Clearly they need to upgrade at OL (and/or get healthy) but the biggest issues are definitely related to coaching.

Why, exactly, do ho have Rivers hate? Just wondering.....and please don't say cause he whines...cause he doesn't. In the LEAST.

Why, exactly, do ho have Rivers hate? Just wondering.....and please don't say cause he whines...cause he doesn't. In the LEAST.

He never said any such thing. :wacko:

He said he doesn't like him particularly. So what? What's it to you?

Edited by Ursa Majoris

The primary reasons stem from the fact that he plays for the enemy and has exhibited some classless behavior against Denver in the past. But I respect the guy too... Gutting it out in the playoffs after the '07 season on a bum knee was the mark of a real competitor and great teammate. But he's a Charger, and a mouthy one at that. So I gotta hate him...

ETA - I have a knack for ruining Rivers' value whenever he's on my fantasy team, in case you were wondering about the team in my sig...

Edited by MTSuper7

The primary reasons stem from the fact that he plays for the enemy and has exhibited some classless behavior against Denver in the past. But I respect the guy too... Gutting it out in the playoffs after the '07 season on a bum knee was the mark of a real competitor and great teammate. But he's a Charger, and a mouthy one at that. So I gotta hate him...

ETA - I have a knack for ruining Rivers' value whenever he's on my fantasy team, in case you were wondering about the team in my sig...

I'll take that at face value. And knowing you for a few years, I respect that. But don't forget that Cutler was worse...and Rivers would taunt him when they were winning...thus your probable dislike for him. And I'll trade you for Rivers if you want..cause ummmm...were in 2 leagues together.

I would be happy to see both Norv and AJ go. Norv often shows lack of organization and time management, he is uninspiring, and does not make good game-time adjustments. He never takes responsibility for losses, even if he's been out-coached. A good friend of mine, who is unfortunately a Raider fan, told me the day the Chargers hired Norv that he was a terrible hire and that he ruined the Raiders when he was over there. My friend was pretty prophetic.

AJ has also gotten progressivley worse with his draft picks. He had some stellar ones early on to build the nucleus of the 14-2 and 13-3 teams. However, the past 3 or 4 drafts have amounted to very little. Buster Davis and Larry English were definite 1st round busts! The jury is still out on Liuget (lot of preseason hype for a guy who's had 8 tackles in 10 games), Mathews (who is injured half the time and fumbles at critical times), and Cason (terribly inconsistent at DB and has been burnt repeatedly this year). The number of blue-chip players on the Chargers has dwindled as age and injury have set in and not enough talent has been drafted to fill in the holes.

I would be happy to see both Norv and AJ go. Norv often shows lack of organization and time management, he is uninspiring, and does not make good game-time adjustments. He never takes responsibility for losses, even if he's been out-coached. A good friend of mine, who is unfortunately a Raider fan, told me the day the Chargers hired Norv that he was a terrible hire and that he ruined the Raiders when he was over there. My friend was pretty prophetic.

AJ has also gotten progressivley worse with his draft picks. He had some stellar ones early on to build the nucleus of the 14-2 and 13-3 teams. However, the past 3 or 4 drafts have amounted to very little. Buster Davis and Larry English were definite 1st round busts! The jury is still out on Liuget (lot of preseason hype for a guy who's had 8 tackles in 10 games), Mathews (who is injured half the time and fumbles at critical times), and Cason (terribly inconsistent at DB and has been burnt repeatedly this year). The number of blue-chip players on the Chargers has dwindled as age and injury have set in and not enough talent has been drafted to fill in the holes.

well said

You forgot Weddle. He's a pretty solid back-up...lol.

Weddle is a serviceable player, but we overpaid to get him in the draft (gave up two 3rd round picks just to swap places in the 2nd round to get him) and then overpaid to keep him this year. He's not the playmaker that Polamalu or Ed Reed are yet makes top $$$.

Weddle is a serviceable player, but we overpaid to get him in the draft (gave up two 3rd round picks just to swap places in the 2nd round to get him) and then overpaid to keep him this year. He's not the playmaker that Polamalu or Ed Reed are yet makes top $$$.

Yeah. This is what I'm saying.

This sums it up for me as well.