[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On to Alanta

SLAYER

Congrats to the Tigers for an undefeated regular season. :wacko::tup:

now to Alanta and the Bulldogs.

just an aside if they get to NO everyone always says they have home field advantage sorta like the Dawgs this week, that's all.

You ready for this one SEC?

Prof hope your Friday wasn't ruined.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Murray can keep the momentum going from the Tech game, and the Dawgs can hang some points on them, then I like our chances.... That LSU D is obviously going to be a bear to deal with, but UGA's O-line seems to be finally playing to their size (largest of any O-line college or pro).

With the way the defense has played, I actually think the Dawgs match up pretty well. To me, it comes down to Crowell being effective enough to set up the pass, and Murray not getting rattled by the pressure like he's prone to. Unfortunately those could be their undoing, but I'm just happy to have a shot with them playing this well after the disappointing opening to the season.

BTW, since no one has a problem with Alabama making the title game without playing in the championship game, then I officially call BS on the 2007 season and declare that the Dawgs should have a share of that national title... Not like it's actually gonna happen, but if that excuse no longer flies, then I have no doubt that UGA beats anyone, even LSU with the way they were beating down top teams like Florida and Auburn that year.

Yet somehow this year, LSU can even lose this game and make the national championship because of their body of work. This BCS crap needs to be done away with, because while I believe LSU will still has the body of work to be deserving, so did the UGA team that the voters didn't want to make it, despite being #3 before #1 and #2 went down... Let them settle it on the field!

If Murray can keep the momentum going from the Tech game, and the Dawgs can hang some points on them, then I like our chances.... That LSU D is obviously going to be a bear to deal with, but UGA's O-line seems to be finally playing to their size (largest of any O-line college or pro).

With the way the defense has played, I actually think the Dawgs match up pretty well. To me, it comes down to Crowell being effective enough to set up the pass, and Murray not getting rattled by the pressure like he's prone to. Unfortunately those could be their undoing, but I'm just happy to have a shot with them playing this well after the disappointing opening to the season.

BTW, since no one has a problem with Alabama making the title game without playing in the championship game, then I officially call BS on the 2007 season and declare that the Dawgs should have a share of that national title... Not like it's actually gonna happen, but if that excuse no longer flies, then I have no doubt that UGA beats anyone, even LSU with the way they were beating down top teams like Florida and Auburn that year.

Yet somehow this year, LSU can even lose this game and make the national championship because of their body of work. This BCS crap needs to be done away with, because while I believe LSU will still has the body of work to be deserving, so did the UGA team that the voters didn't want to make it, despite being #3 before #1 and #2 went down... Let them settle it on the field!

I haven't changed my tune. Alabama being all but in right now is the 2nd biggest miscarriage of justice in BCS history, behind Nebraska getting in in 2001. And if Georgia beats LSU, and it's still LSU vs Alabama, then it is the biggest miscarriage of justice in BCS history.

Tell me something, what has Alabama done besides get ranked really high (shocker preseason polls rear their ugly head) before they even took a snap? They lost at home to LSU in a game that set football back about 30 years (the forward pass is legal now ya know). They beat Penn State in non conference who got absolutely drilled by Wisconsin, so their non conference win wasn't that great. They beat Arkansas, who is probably the most overrated team in the country and likely will get drilled by whoever they play in the bowl game. SEC beyond those 3 and Georgia (who they didn't play) is pretty weak. SEC is 4 deep. I've said it before, I'll say it again, in this system, the most exclusive system in all of sports, the goal shouldn't be getting the "best 2 teams", it should be getting the 2 most deserving teams. Alabama may very well be the 2nd best team in the nation, but they had their shot (at home no less) and they failed. Alabama is not deserving. They were annointed a spot in this game back in August, and weren't punished when they failed. Worse yet, if Alabama beats LSU, they will be, by far the most undeserving national champion of all time and i't's not even close.

I'm getting a bit jittery... Need this game to hurry up and get here.

Best case scenario, I'll be drunk before the game starts.

Worst case scenario, I'll get so drunk that I wake up Sunday with no recollection of the game, but quickly figure it out when I see "GEAUX TIGERS!!" tattooed across my ass...

BTW, you still calling for Richt's head? Gotta admit he's finally getting the most out of big-time prospects.... But I swear, if he and Bobo run that damn up the gut on 3rd and 10 that I've been screaming about since 2002, then I might have to change my tune. :wacko:

I hate the BCS so I will be pulling for a Georgia victory. If you are an LSU fan, no reason to hate me, LSU would still play Alabama for the championship if Georgia wins. I just think it would be perfect for two SEC teams to be playing for the national championship while the SEC Champion watched.

I dont understand why everyone is so upset about Bama being in. They lost to LSU by a fg in ot. There is no one else that deserves to be in the title game. Even if Georgia wins (which they wont) they have two losses. Georgia also had no games against the top 3 in the SEC West and they lost to S.C. who was blown out by Arkansas. Bama and LSU are the two best teams and the most deserving, just sit back and watch a great game.

I dont understand why everyone is so upset about Bama being in. They lost to LSU by a fg in ot. There is no one else that deserves to be in the title game. Even if Georgia wins (which they wont) they have two losses. Georgia also had no games against the top 3 in the SEC West and they lost to S.C. who was blown out by Arkansas. Bama and LSU are the two best teams and the most deserving, just sit back and watch a great game.

I don't think anyone (except for me in the back of my head) is claiming that UGA should make it to the NC game.

And I'm with you, hence why I called BS on them not letting UGA get in a few years back, when most people used that excuse that they did it because they didn't play in their conference championship (which is total crap when a lot of conferences don't even play a championship game, so it can only hurt you, and there's no rule that says that). Many will probably make the same claim about Alabama, and it will be truly ironic if LSU loses the game, and you have 2 teams from the same conference playing, with neither one being champion of their own conference.

I'm personally fine with Alabama making it, since the BCS is set up like a ladder system to where someone should have to have a big quality win or you have another loss to leap-frog you.... And like Brian said above, it would help show why the BCS is flawed if that happens, or if they continue to try to keep the inevitable from happening with human votes...

Edited by delusions of granduer

Worst case scenario, I'll get so drunk that I wake up Sunday with no recollection of the game, but quickly figure it out when I see "GEAUX TIGERS!!" tattooed across my ass...

BTW, you still calling for Richt's head? Gotta admit he's finally getting the most out of big-time prospects.... But I swear, if he and Bobo run that damn up the gut on 3rd and 10 that I've been screaming about since 2002, then I might have to change my tune. :wacko:

Yep, I still want him gone. No excuse for the first two losses. Poor coaching, conditioning, preparation and execution. Had Vandy not have missed a 37 yard FG, Vandy, we wouldn't be playing this weekend. Had we not played a bunch of losers from the west, we would not be in this game.

The talent, speed and size of this team is enough to win the schedule we played even if Bob Stoops were coaching them.

This is a coaching staff who will continue to lead a team of elite talent directly into the depths of mediocrity.

I don't think anyone (except for me in the back of my head) is claiming that UGA should make it to the NC game.

And I'm with you, hence why I called BS on them not letting UGA get in a few years back, when most people used that excuse that they did it because they didn't play in their conference championship (which is total crap when a lot of conferences don't even play a championship game, so it can only hurt you, and there's no rule that says that). Many will probably make the same claim about Alabama, and it will be truly ironic if LSU loses the game, and you have 2 teams from the same conference playing, with neither one being champion of their own conference.

I'm personally fine with Alabama making it, since the BCS is set up like a ladder system to where someone should have to have a big quality win or you have another loss to leap-frog you.... And like Brian said above, it would help show why the BCS is flawed if that happens, or if they continue to try to keep the inevitable from happening with human votes...

That's not true. At least as often as a team has been knocked out of the NC game by losing their conference champ, a team has punched their ticket by doing so. Sure, it's one more chance to lose, but it's also one more chance to put a marquee victory on your resume. Something a number of teams have used to leapfrog over other teams into the NC game. Happened when LSU lost to ARK the day after Thanksgiving and then won the SEC Championship the next week. Happened when FL jumped an idle Michigan team the year they beat OSU in the NC game.

So, it's at very least, a wash in terms of good thing/bad thing.

If bama gets a BCS title shot, i don't think i could bare to watch another boring matchup

OKIE St looks to have the offense to finish what Georgia wasn't able to do today

I agree. Oklahoma State would offer more of a challenge than an offensive limited team like Alabama. Another snoozefest :wacko:

Yeah Oklahoma State looks great until they play against a Defense like LSU or Alabama. Bama's offense is fine and so is LSU's, they both just look bad against the other teams defense just like every other team does. If you guys want a good close game then it should be Bama and if you want to watch a slaughter then it should be Oklahoma St.

for the sake of resolving any arguements the one loss for Ok St followed an enormous tragedy there is no telling how much of an effect that had on that game maybe it didn't noone will ever really know. as has been said Bama have had their chance to beat LSU and whilst the game could have gone either way it was won by LSU in Bama's house for me that is the end of the arguement Bama don't really not deserve to be there I do however think the Cowboys deserve a shot at the title.

If bama gets a BCS title shot, i don't think i could bare to watch another boring matchup

OKIE St looks to have the offense to finish what Georgia wasn't able to do today

Or what Oregon, West Virginia, Bama, Arkansas or Florida was unable to do yesterday....