[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On to Alanta

SLAYER

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From everything i've seen out of LSU , they have a solid D , but seem to be very easily passed upon by a good offense, which they're not any in the SEC . The first half of the Georgia game wasn't surprising to me, and if the Bulldogs don't drop 2 TD passes that my son could have caught and get the bogus return TD taken back that was a obvious touchback , the Dawgs would have mopped the floor with them. 24-3 at half is what i saw and LSU outlasted Georgia miscues. Bama offense is laughable , so I understand why SEC homers want a rematch , so the conference isn't exposed in the BCS title game. I'll be riding OKIE ST for sure , don't see LSU hoding them under 34 points to be honest.

From everything i've seen out of LSU , they have a solid D , but seem to be very easily passed upon by a good offense, which they're not any in the SEC . The first half of the Georgia game wasn't surprising to me, and if the Bulldogs don't drop 2 TD passes that my son could have caught and get the bogus return TD taken back that was a obvious touchback , the Dawgs would have mopped the floor with them. 24-3 at half is what i saw and LSU outlasted Georgia miscues. Bama offense is laughable , so I understand why SEC homers want a rematch , so the conference isn't exposed in the BCS title game. I'll be riding OKIE ST for sure , don't see LSU hoding them under 34 points to be honest.

Bama dropped 27 on PSU...more than all but one team in the Big 10 did all season, including THE OSU?? You are right...that's funny!

Just like the SEC has been exposed the last five years in the BCS NC?

Oklahoma State should be in the Championship game. They played in the toughest conference, Alabama lost at home to LSU already and Oklahoma State has an offense that LSU would have a tough time holding down. Oklahoma State in the Title game!

Edited by theprofessor

Well it's time for me to boycott the BCS altogether. I will not be watching any BCS games this season. Time for a change and the only way to get change is to show them we're not interested in the BS they keep spewing to us.

When Michigan and OSU were #1 and #2 , it seemed like voters and ESPN inparticularity had no issues with pimping Florida over Michigan, which in retrospect proved to be correct. However we're now in the same situation and look what happens this time??? ESPN is a joke with it's SEC bias and special interest towards them.

Can't say if Okie St could beat LSU , but I already saw Alabama couldn't , is this a double elimination tournament now? Little League world series anyone?

Hope you all enjoy the 12-9 upset when Bama wins and Okie St rolls by 20+ in their bowl game. Then whose #1 ?

JOKE !

Well it's time for me to boycott the BCS altogether. I will not be watching any BCS games this season. Time for a change and the only way to get change is to show them we're not interested in the BS they keep spewing to us.

When Michigan and OSU were #1 and #2 , it seemed like voters and ESPN inparticularity had no issues with pimping Florida over Michigan, which in retrospect proved to be correct. However we're now in the same situation and look what happens this time??? ESPN is a joke with it's SEC bias and special interest towards them.

Can't say if Okie St could beat LSU , but I already saw Alabama couldn't , is this a double elimination tournament now? Little League world series anyone?

Hope you all enjoy the 12-9 upset when Bama wins and Okie St rolls by 20+ in their bowl game. Then whose #1 ?

JOKE !

The BCS is a joke. MI and VT then Clemson and WV in BCS bowls this year!?

Further, Oregon beat Stanford, right? But, Stanford is ranked over Oregon...

No BCS for K state, Boise or Arkansas who are ranked above 4 teams playing in the BCS.

As far as the Bama LSU matchup, I'd rather see a different game, but you can't have a team who lost to Iowa freaking state in the NC game. Don't care what they did the rest of the season.

Just like the SEC has been exposed the last five years in the BCS NC?

Don't think I ever said an SEC team was going to be exposed. 2006 I, like EVERYONE else, thought Ohio State would thump Florida. LSU, I thought Ohio State had a chance, but LSU was playing a virtual home game, so I really wasn't shocked by that, plus that was a very weak OSU team. 08 I was pretty confident UF was gonna handle Oklahoma. 09 I thought Bama would win, but I liked Texas's chances. Last year, I knew that Chip Kelly's duck tricks wouldn't work against an SEC defense (even one as weak as Auburns) because they didn't work on the previous big stages that his teams were apart of. Boise State and Ohio State had already exposed Oregon, and LSU did it once again this year.

If Bama wins, they're the BCS NC.

Analogy: When the Giants won the superbowl by defeating the Patriots, they were the superbowl champion. It did not matter that a few weeks prior that the Patriots had defeated the Giants.

Of course, the analogy doesn't work, since the Giants proceeded to win 3 playoff games before they got that rematch with New England. Alabama has done nothing this year. They got ranked high before the season started and proceeded to play the weakest SEC schedule you could have given them (they missed South Carolina and Georgia).

Looks like the voters got it right. Complain all you want but these are the two best teams. I really dont understand how Oklahoma St. has a better Resume and their best win is Kansas St? If Bama wins a close game I say they should be co-champs with LSU

Alabama's best win is Arkansas? Not impressed. Oklahoma State won its conference. Bama couldn't even win it's division. Bama simply got anointed a spot in this game before ANY team, even played a down of football, back in August when the coaches poll came out. They were playing with stacked dice.

Don't think I ever said an SEC team was going to be exposed. 2006 I, like EVERYONE else, thought Ohio State would thump Florida. LSU, I thought Ohio State had a chance, but LSU was playing a virtual home game, so I really wasn't shocked by that, plus that was a very weak OSU team. 08 I was pretty confident UF was gonna handle Oklahoma. 09 I thought Bama would win, but I liked Texas's chances. Last year, I knew that Chip Kelly's duck tricks wouldn't work against an SEC defense (even one as weak as Auburns) because they didn't work on the previous big stages that his teams were apart of. Boise State and Ohio State had already exposed Oregon, and LSU did it once again this year.

I disagree that "EVERYONE'" thought that Ohio State would "thump Florida." If you pull up my posts from that time, I said that I did not know if Florida or Ohio State would win, but that no team was going to thump Florida because our defense was simply too strong.

I disagree that "EVERYONE'" thought that Ohio State would "thump Florida." If you pull up my posts from that time, I said that I did not know if Florida or Ohio State would win, but that no team was going to thump Florida because our defense was simply too strong.

Ok, let me rephrase. Almost every "expert" and most fans outside of the state of florida, thought ohio state was going to win that game. My only point is, the idea that anyone was saying that the SEC was going to get exposed in any of these title games, is ridiculous. If anything I've said the opposite. Oklahoma in 08 and Oregon last year come to mind as teams who I thought were going to be the ones exposed by SEC defenses. Irregardless, the SEC's record in "national championship" games is not a reason that in a system where only 2 teams gets in, that it should be 2 teams from the same conference. Like I said, it's the biggest miscarriage of justice in BCS history.

Let me ask this... Why is it that OSU is the one who got screwed?

What about Boise, who lost to a top 25 conference champ?

What about Stanford who lost to a top 5 team and conference champ?

OSU lost to Iowa state. Iowa State is 6-6.

TCU is 10-2, one bad loss to SMU and the only other loss to a top 15 Baylor team. This is who beat Boise.

Oregon is 10-2, is ranked in the top 5, lost to the #1 team in the country and to a USC team who if they weren't banned from post season play, hadn't lost in OT to Stanford and a few other things, would be playing for the NC themselves... This is who Stanford lost to.

Of all the one loss teams, the one who lost to the "worst" team is OSU... Actually, why are they even #3?

Let me ask this... Why is it that OSU is the one who got screwed?

What about Boise, who lost to a top 25 conference champ?

What about Stanford who lost to a top 5 team and conference champ?

OSU lost to Iowa state. Iowa State is 6-6.

TCU is 10-2, one bad loss to SMU and the only other loss to a top 15 Baylor team. This is who beat Boise.

Oregon is 10-2, is ranked in the top 5, lost to the #1 team in the country and to a USC team who if they weren't banned from post season play, hadn't lost in OT to Stanford and a few other things, would be playing for the NC themselves... This is who Stanford lost to.

Of all the one loss teams, the one who lost to the "worst" team is OSU... Actually, why are they even #3?

"Quality Losses" is an oxymoron. As far as I'm concerned though, Boise is more deserving than Alabama. They actually played Georgia. Bama didn't. Stanford on the other hand... not so much. I put a big emphasis on taking care of business, as in, winning your conference. This is what I don't understand. You're gonna say there are only 2 teams playing in this game, shouldn't their be some minimum requirements?

"Quality Losses" is an oxymoron. As far as I'm concerned though, Boise is more deserving than Alabama. They actually played Georgia. Bama didn't. Stanford on the other hand... not so much. I put a big emphasis on taking care of business, as in, winning your conference. This is what I don't understand. You're gonna say there are only 2 teams playing in this game, shouldn't their be some minimum requirements?

If quality losses don't matter, why do quality wins?

OSU is arguing that they played a tougher schedule than Bama and beat those tougher teams, right? But the one glaring defect is that they didn't handle business against a mediocre 6-6 Iowa State team a team that surely would have not beaten Bama, Stanford or Boise.

Further, how, why is the Big 12 is so highly ranked as far as a conference is beyond me... Their OOC schedule is a joke:

Baylor - TCU, Steven F. Austin, Rice

Iowa St. - Iowa (good win), Northern Iowa, Uconn

Kansas - McNese, N. Illinois, GT (got freaking killed)

K. St. - E. Ky (won 10-7), Kent St., The U (decent win)

Missou - Miami of Ohio, Ari. St. (Lost), The Fighting Leathernecks of W. Illinois (who didn't do too much fighting)

Okie - Tulsa, FSU (good win), Ball St.

Okie St. - Lousiana, Tulsa, Arizona

TX - Rice, BYU (won by 1), UCLA (PAC 10 runner up...)

A&M - Arkansas (lost), Idaho, SMU

Tx Tech - Tx. St., New Mexico, Nevada

A lot of teams play weak non-conference schedules, it happens. But, according to the BCS computers they use quality wins to rank the conferences. It appears that the Big 12 this year had 5 good OOC wins (TCU (18), FSU, Miami, BYU and Iowa.) Of these good wins only one of these teams is in the top 25 at the end of the year.

SEC OOC schedule:

Bama - Penn St. (won), N. Texas, Kent State, GSU

Arkansas - New Mex, Missouri St, Troy, A&M (won)

Auburn - Utah St. (Barely won), Clemson (lost to the ACC champ), FAU, Samford

UF - FAU, UAB, Furman, FSU (lost, bad)

UGA - Boise (lost, got killed), Coastal Carolina, NM St., GA Tech (dismantled the Jackets)

KY - W. Ky, Cent Mich, Lousiville (lost), Jack St.

LSU - Oregon, NW St, West VA, W. Ky

Ms. State - Memphis, Louisiana Tech, UAB, UT Martin

Ole Miss - BYU (lost by 1), Southern Illinois, fres St., Louisiana Tech

USC - ECU, Navy, Citadel, Clemson

Tenn - Montana, Cincinnati, Middle TN, Buffalo

Vandy - Elon, Uconn, Army , Wake Forest

The SEC played OOC 6 top 25 teams and beat them (with the exception of AU losing to Clem and UGA to Boise.) Other "quality" wins include Arkansas beating A&M and UGA beating Ga Tech. Vandy beat wake who had a couple of upsets this year, but all-in-all is pretty mediocre. Bad losses are UGA losing to Boise and FSU dispatching of UF.

After looking at the one loss for Bama and Okie St. and then looking at OOC schedules, I understand why Bama is the 2nd ranked team... But, still think the BCS is screwed up for a number of reasons.

Edited by SEC=UGA

Are the SEC fans really going to tout this "Who's Who" of college football as a decent OOC schedule?

N. Texas, Kent State, GSU, New Mexico, Missouri St, Troy, Utah St

FAU, Samford, FAU, UAB, Furman, Coastal Carolina, New Mexico St., M St.,

W. Ky, Cent Mich, Jack St. NW St, W. Ky

Memphis, Louisiana Tech, UAB, UT Martin

Southern Illinois, Fresno St., Louisiana Tech

ECU, Navy, Citadel

Montana, Middle TN, Buffalo

Elon, Army

Child Pleeeze! :tup: Take the "homer" glasses off :wacko:

Are the SEC fans really going to tout this "Who's Who" of college football as a decent OOC schedule?

N. Texas, Kent State, GSU, New Mexico, Missouri St, Troy, Utah St

FAU, Samford, FAU, UAB, Furman, Coastal Carolina, New Mexico St., M St.,

W. Ky, Cent Mich, Jack St. NW St, W. Ky

Memphis, Louisiana Tech, UAB, UT Martin

Southern Illinois, Fresno St., Louisiana Tech

ECU, Navy, Citadel

Montana, Middle TN, Buffalo

Elon, Army

Child Pleeeze! :tup: Take the "homer" glasses off :wacko:

I believe I stated pretty clearly that most teams schedule weak OOC schedules.

I excerpted the tough games (while giving you a list of all the teams so as to not hide any info.)

My point is that if you compare the legit OOC games played, the SEC has a much tougher schedule upon which to make a comparative analysis against the balance of the NCAA. Again, they played the Big East champ and won, the PAC 10 champ and won, the ACC champ and split, A top 25 Penn St. team and won, a top 10 team and lost, a mediocre ACC team and lost and a high ranked (preseason) Big 12 team and won.

The SEC has 11 wins against bowl bound teams in their OOC schedule, the Big 12 has 9.

The Big 12 can not claim the same OOC strength of schedule.

Until everyone, not just one or two teams, starts playing a meaningful OOC schedule, it's a useless metric to compare conferences. As it stands, with few exceptions, teams that think they might have a shot at the BCS will continue to schedule teams with names you've heard of but are not likely to be all that. Bama vs Penn St is a perfect example. We all know Penn St (well, now for the wrong reason, but that's another topic), so that's a "nice" win. The fact that they're only good enough to beat a true title contender if that contender doesn't show up, doesn't matter. It's still a top 25 OOC win. So that's the kind of team everyone is going to look for.

Kudos to LSU, by the way, for not taking that bush-league route. I don't know when Oregon was scheduled but they've been strong enough, long enough, that I'm pretty sure they knew they would not be an easy out. And WVU is as good as basically any other team's best OOC game.

Until everyone, not just one or two teams, starts playing a meaningful OOC schedule, it's a useless metric to compare conferences. As it stands, with few exceptions, teams that think they might have a shot at the BCS will continue to schedule teams with names you've heard of but are not likely to be all that. Bama vs Penn St is a perfect example. We all know Penn St (well, now for the wrong reason, but that's another topic), so that's a "nice" win. The fact that they're only good enough to beat a true title contender if that contender doesn't show up, doesn't matter. It's still a top 25 OOC win. So that's the kind of team everyone is going to look for.

Kudos to LSU, by the way, for not taking that bush-league route. I don't know when Oregon was scheduled but they've been strong enough, long enough, that I'm pretty sure they knew they would not be an easy out. And WVU is as good as basically any other team's best OOC game.

If I recall correctly when Texas and Ohio State decided to play a home and home series it worked out pretty good for both those schools the year they won. Also LSU beating Virginia Tech that year was probably what put them in the BCS NC game.

Those type OOC games are certainy a risk/reward game aka Virginia Tech likely lost a spot that year cause of LSU game. So if it boils down to two teams a signature OOC game goes a long way. Bama's was t Penn State who did Oklahoma State beat?