[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jack Del Rio - Fired

The Irish Doggy

:wacko:

Jack Del Rio is the first coaching casualty of the season, I've confirmed.

This is not a stunning development. The only thing mildly surprising is the timing. There was a belief he would last the season.

Assistant Mel Tucker takes over in the interim.

Del Rio is still owed $5 million. Incredible. So he won't be applying for unemployment insurance anytime soon.

More on this story later.

Edited by The Irish Doggy

Damn...I had Todd Haley in the 20 questions contest. :wacko:

my greatest accomplishment in life was when i picked Denny Green and nailed it. err, at least i think i nailed it. it's been a long time.

edit: god that's scary. My greatest accomplishment might not even be an accomplishment. too bad i'm riddled with too much laziness to go and check.

Edited by LooGie

Saw it on ESPN, and committed to keeping the franchise in Jacksonville.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...d15e0e194ff.2f1

Interesting, thanks.

The buyer is committed to keeping the team in Jacksonville, but nothing like that was written into the purchase agreement. Understand that is hard to do, and Weaver says so. But with the Jags often involved in rumors to be moved to LA you've got to wonder.

But they'll probably be in los angeles very soon.

ESPN article says owner wants to find a new owner that will keep them in Jacksonville. I don't know if it'll happen but that's what he wants...

Edit: Also says in the article later on that the Jags have a lease to play at EverBank field through 2029. ESPN article: "If the Jaguars wanted to leave before the end of the deal, the lease requires the team to prove they had lost money in three consecutive seasons or to convince a local judge that the city was failing to properly maintain the stadium."

Edited by bostonsoxandy

So you don't have a problem with a post "Jaguars being sold" and no mention of a source?

Sure I may have been a little pissy, but people posting opinion or 2nd/3rd hand rumor as fact without any reference to where they heard does that to me.

After being here awhile, you will get to know who you can or cannot trust as far as blanket statements with no links. Alot of us do it...I can see how it can irritate you though. Get to know some of these guys and you'll understand. Infinity is a pretty trusted Huddler.

After being here awhile, you will get to know who you can or cannot trust as far as blanket statements with no links. Alot of us do it...I can see how it can irritate you though. Get to know some of these guys and you'll understand. Infinity is a pretty trusted Huddler.

I suppose that's true, but I don't see why people cannot say where they got the info. Even if it was just a crawl on ESPN or something, and you don't have a link.

I apologize to Infinity and others for coming across as a hard ass (yeah I know, "lighten up Francis").

So you don't have a problem with a post "Jaguars being sold" and no mention of a source?

Sure I may have been a little pissy, but people posting opinion or 2nd/3rd hand rumor as fact without any reference to where they heard does that to me.

It was all over sports tv, sports radio, the internet, everything. I was actually quite surprised there was a Fire Del Rio thread not mentioning it, because all the information was available at the same time.

To be so lazy as to make a post questioning the info, without being aware of the facts on the ground so widely reported... well I don't know what to say.

Del Rio isn't a bad guy, I bet he finds a college HC gig pretty soon. USC offered him the job a few years ago didn't they?

The NFL won't move a team with a lawsuit regarding stadium issues, the Jax lease is pretty iron clad, and the city would fight it tooth and nail.

The buyer is originally from Pakistan, and has the name to prove it. Is worth over $2B, has a business that will benefit from the Ports in the area. Its a deal that fits for everyone involved. The only rumor is if the Cheerleaders will be required to wear burka's. :wacko:

Interesting, thanks.

The buyer is committed to keeping the team in Jacksonville, but nothing like that was written into the purchase agreement. Understand that is hard to do, and Weaver says so. But with the Jags often involved in rumors to be moved to LA you've got to wonder.

Also in the article, it says the new owner tried to buy the St. Louis Rams so you (and others who speculate LA) are probably right