[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think that the Royals just dont get it.

fingfootball

How in the hell do you fire someone as iconic as Frank White. The guy is native to KC, one of the best players the team has ever had and has done about every job in the organization. So the year that we get the allstar game lets fire one of our most legendary allstars. Sometimes I dont know why I bother.

Edited by fingfootball

Yeah, this one's kind of a head scratcher for me. When I first heard the news, my first reaction was I was pissed off. I can't imagine the Royals without Frank White involved somehow.

Then I read Mellinger's column in the Star, and he alluded to Frank talking in social circle about bashing the Royals. He also said this goes back decades.

So we aren't really hearing the whole story. The more I hear White talk, it makes me wonder if he's been acting like a diva in the background all these years with the Royals, and they finally just got fed up with it.

I don't know; the whole story just makes me sad.

I cant really say that I knew the man, but when I was 25-28 years old I he used to come into the bar that I bartended at, he was alway real nice to me and the other patrons. I had always heard that he was hard to deal with in the Royals organization, but put it off as rumor because he was pretty decent guy to us. Anyway, this is a fail-fail all the way around. The Royals organization should have not let this get to the point where just out of the blue they fire him.

Edited by fingfootball