[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Big Ben's down

buddahj

BIG BEN I LOVE YOU YOU BIG MAN BEAST YOU JUST BROUGHT ME SIGNIFICANTLY CLOSER TO FIRST PLACE!!!!

This was a fantasy football night to remember! So i'm sitting here with my team, playing Big Ben and Mike Wallace. To my left is someone who doesn't even have a chance at the playoffs, but he has Antonio Brown. To my right? The guy I'm tied for first with (in record only, he has me beat in the head-to-head). And who is he playing? The guy to my left, who is playing Antonio Brown.

What an emotional evening for everyone!! The Steelers come out strong and I am feeling confident that I'm facing some major pointage this game. Then, the injury happens. It feels like my entire season is melting away (the records are very close, if I lose this game theres a chance im taking anywhere between 2nd and 5th) and then BIG BEN MANS UP. Then the Wallace almost touch down, then the BIG PASS TO ANTONIO BROWN. Antonio is my arch rivals opponents WR3 and his team is significantly better, this feels like it sealed the deal for the guy I'm tied for first with to lose. IM SO HAPPPY

I told the guy who is out of the playoffs if I take first and win the superbowl I'm givin him $50

edit: p.s. i also dropped the beras defense and picked up the Steelers to play them instead :wacko:

Cliff notes:

I got 41 points between Big Ben, Mike Wallace, and Steelers defense, and the Person I'm tied for 1st in the league with's opponent had Antonio brown as his WR3 and he got 26 points. And I was watching the game with both those people and it was freaking awesome.

You in a 6 team league? How can the Steelers D be out on waivers?

You in a 6 team league? How can the Steelers D be out on waivers?

how it happened in our league

guy carrying two defenses drops one to cover another area of need for a bye.

No one picks up dropped defense since it's just a defense and everyone has a top 10

I admire Ben's toughness, but is Batch really so much of a liability that the coaches prefer a one legged Ben? He can hardly even hand the ball off.

I asked a coworker who is a Steeler fan about this, and he said Yeah Batch is pretty bad, but he too was amazed Ben came back. I think if they were up by 10-17 points maybe he rests. My friend also said Ben is into all the drama, showing he's tough, wanting people to admire that etc.

It was nice to talk about a close game and some good battles (the goal line stands, some wicked hits [penalty or no]) and not just do the :wacko:

Maybe but whatever your opinion of him, he is indisputably tough. No question about it.

As a Browns fan I hate saying it but yeah, he is tough, and very good at what he does.

PS Surprised we haven't seen any posts from the big PIT fans (Menudo, Caddyman, etc) about the game. Of course the matchup was not one to even warrant an unofficial game thread...

As a Browns fan I hate saying it but yeah, he is tough, and very good at what he does.

PS Surprised we haven't seen any posts from the big PIT fans (Menudo, Caddyman, etc) about the game. Of course the matchup was not one to even warrant an unofficial game thread...

Not much to say about the game. Frankly I was shocked it was the Thursday night game. I highly doubt the rest of the country wants to watch that matchup. Even when the series was competitive, that's just not an exciting game for anyone outside of these two cities.

As for Ben, he is pretty amazing. I told my wife he would play in the second half if it was not broken. She said no chance. Dude is a gamer.

My thoughts on the game:

- Ben is definitely tough as nails. The scary thing is that his being out at the end of the 2nd Quarter shows where the Steeler offense would be without him..........they would be terrible. Teams would just blitz and load the box, because the offensive line is weak, and Batch doesn't have the ability to avoid the blitz and make the defense pay.

- The Steelers absolutely killed themselves with penalties. Keomatu had 3 awful penalties at the worst times. If Pouncey is out, our weak offensive line gets even worse.

- The defense is playing better as the season moves on. I've seen a lot of improvement from William Gay, as teams obviously try to pick on him rather than Ike on the other side. The combination of veterans like Harrison and Farrior getting healthy and the development of young players like Worilds, Hood & Heyward is starting to come together.

- Antonio Brown's immediate development has been astonishing. Forget the TD pass, he has also emerged as Ben's go to guy on 3rd downs. The guy can catch the ball over the middle, and can also take it to the house. This receiving corps combined with Roethlisberger is definitely our biggest offensive weapon heading down the stretch and into the playoffs.

- Quite simply, I don't think there is a team that these Steelers CAN'T beat, but, I also don't think there is a team they CAN'T lose to. They have been tough to predict. They couldn't pull away from Indy, KC or Cleveland. They also have won handily against New England and Cincy. Next Monday night will be a great game in San Francisco. I think the Steelers need to run the table to win the division, as I don't see Baltimore losing more than one, if they even lose one more.

i really think that until the exact severity of the injury is known that you can't anticipate that he won't miss a couple of games.

he may be tough but you can't throw him out there with zero mobility and allow teams to tee-off on him.

torn ligaments can be worse than a break in terms of time to heal.

AOL Reporting from Sporting News:

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reported Saturday that an MRI revealed Ben Roethlisberger's left high-ankle sprain is “not good.” However, the report indicated Roethlisberger’s injury was not a Grade 3 sprain—the most severe.

Roethlisberger's agent, Ryan Tollner, told the newspaper that Roethlisberger has his left foot in a walking boot and "will need rest."

According to the Post-Gazette, an MRI showed the same result for Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey, who also has a left high-ankle sprain.

The good news is that the Steelers have 11 days between Thursday night’s victory over the Browns and the team’s next game, a Monday night contest Dec. 19 at San Francisco. The Steelers will have to see how the injuries progress before getting a handle on players’ availability for that game.

Given Roethlisberger’s history of playing through injuries—and the fact that he returned to Thursday’s game and was effective in the second half after spraining the ankle in the second quarter—he would seem to be a decent bet to play.

The Steelers believe Pouncey, who didn’t return to the game after suffering the injury in the second quarter, is less likely to start because he needs a relatively healthy ankle to get leverage in run-blocking and pass protection. He missed the Super Bowl after suffering a similar injury to the same ankle in the AFC championship game.

High ankle sprains typically take at least two to three weeks of recovery time. Trying to play through the injury can make the player vulnerable to re-injury. That’s what happened to Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, who missed two games with a high ankle sprain, returned to the lineup and then re-injured the ankle, causing him to miss last week’s game.

That scenario may make the Steelers cautious about using Roethlisberger against the 49ers. The ultimate goal will be for him to be as healthy as possible for the playoffs.

"I've never had a high-ankle sprain before, so I don't know what to expect," Roethlisberger told reporters after Thursday’s game. "But it feels like my ankle is about to explode. I'm ready to get off of it."

Roethlisberger had more trouble delivering handoffs than dropping back and throwing against the Browns. Despite the injury, he threw for 178 yards and a touchdown in the second half against Cleveland.

"It was hard to reach out to the guys," Roethlisberger told reporters. "I abandoned all my rules and techniques. I am supposed to reverse out on some. I said, 'I don't care. I'm just going to get you guys the ball.' That's what I had to do."

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011...3_lnk1%7C119212